Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6752|Reality
Should BF2 have these as default spawn times?
I think they are more than a little silly. Some noob gets the asset first, promptly destroys it in some stupid fashion and now your team is out of an asset for 15-20 frikken minutes?????

Default Vehicle Respawn Times ( Project Reality v0.8 )

* Jets - 20 minutes
* Attack Helicopters - 20 minutes
* Tanks - 20 minutes
* Mobile AT vehicles - 15 minutes
* Scout Attack Helicopters - 15 minutes
* APCs - 10 minutes
* Jeeps - 10 minutes
* Scout Helicopters - 10 minutes
* Transport Helicopters - 5 minutes
* Boats & Other - 5 minutes

I can see this in a pay-as-you-go tournament where there is a command structure etc. Nooooooooooo way this works for the average Joe. You would have to play over 1000 hours just to learn the ins and outs and then they would have a newer version for you to start over again...
Rolling Eyes
The penalty to your team for being a noob is too high.

And to think I D/L for 60 minutes to get the core files/levels @ 600kbs (total 2.4+ Gb)
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Adamshannon8
+94|6193
The respawn times are the sole reason ive played PR once.
firebolt5
+114|6164
1000 hours?  PR isn't really that hard to play unless your read the manual.  Blame the players that "know" how to use a helicopter and crash it as soon as they fly.  I mean, the manual even tells the player to practice flying on a training map.

Just have to adapt and over come...
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5762|Roma
Its so that those assets are used properly.
If you use a better coordination/communication with commander-SL-Squad members you won't get shot down by the enemies.
Trust me, with all this I've never get shot down in Muttrah piloting the Huey.
True that there are noobs in this mod, but its your duty to recognize a noob and explain them how everything works.
Its not that hard to recognize a noob: Gets in special kit required vehicles without that special kit, puts the helicopter's throttle at maximum as soon as they get in, join a tank/apc/Attack heli with out joining a squad thus soloing, runs around alone with the sniper without a spotter.
And don't forget everybody was a noob once.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
PapaTango69
+1|6798|NoneYA

Adamshannon8 wrote:

The respawn times are the sole reason Ive played PR once.
I agree played it during the first few patches till they started limiting kits and spawn was increased, and it just got lamer after that ....Who wants to spend MORE time staring at their monitor waiting to play....I DON'T.    Oh and you cant have that kit , or that kit ...or ....that kit...and you have to be in a squad of 3 or more to have that kit.... you want realism ?  You can only drive a tank if you have special overalls on ...and you have to change outback! COME ON PEOPLE! you ruined a good MOD , cut out the micro management and get to the game playing.

I Tried to play again on some big freaking desert map, no vehicles were available, pilot dumped the chopper on it side and it was a 5 mile hike to either end of the base , finally got a lift only to get dropped off on another deserted base with a bunch of tards that were shooting at each other in boredom and I get killed.....to make it shorter i spent 20 minutes [actual time] died in the chopper, died by enemy bombing , and some trigger tard and the rest of the time huffing it on foot trying to get to the fight because there was no other means of transportation.....A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.....but what do you expect for FREE right?  This is for gamers who cant stand the fast paced action that Vanilla is .... Besides who wants to turn down the graphics on there 8800 to medium to get it to run better? .... step 1 uninstall PR
PapaTango69
+1|6798|NoneYA

firebolt5 wrote:

1000 hours?  PR isn't really that hard to play unless your read the manual.  Blame the players that "know" how to use a helicopter and crash it as soon as they fly.  I mean, the manual even tells the player to practice flying on a training map.

Just have to adapt and over come...
Then why limit the kits ....Just adapt and overcome!
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5991
zzzzzz mod to be honest, the recoil is just stupid. They're trained soldiers ffs, not some trigger happy africans
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6416|Somersetshire

thraSK wrote:

zzzzzz mod to be honest, the recoil is just stupid. They're trained soldiers ffs, not some trigger happy africans
i think recoil is actually realistic though
real life is not like vbf2 where you can run and hop and prance about while carrying a really heavy gun
firebolt5
+114|6164

PapaTango69 wrote:

Adamshannon8 wrote:

The respawn times are the sole reason Ive played PR once.
I agree played it during the first few patches till they started limiting kits and spawn was increased, and it just got lamer after that ....Who wants to spend MORE time staring at their monitor waiting to play....I DON'T.    Oh and you cant have that kit , or that kit ...or ....that kit...and you have to be in a squad of 3 or more to have that kit.... you want realism ?  You can only drive a tank if you have special overalls on ...and you have to change outback! COME ON PEOPLE! you ruined a good MOD , cut out the micro management and get to the game playing.

I Tried to play again on some big freaking desert map, no vehicles were available, pilot dumped the chopper on it side and it was a 5 mile hike to either end of the base , finally got a lift only to get dropped off on another deserted base with a bunch of tards that were shooting at each other in boredom and I get killed.....to make it shorter i spent 20 minutes [actual time] died in the chopper, died by enemy bombing , and some trigger tard and the rest of the time huffing it on foot trying to get to the fight because there was no other means of transportation.....A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.....but what do you expect for FREE right?  This is for gamers who cant stand the fast paced action that Vanilla is .... Besides who wants to turn down the graphics on there 8800 to medium to get it to run better? .... step 1 uninstall PR
Kashan Desert.  Too bad it didn't turn out like this:
http://www.vimeo.com/1739672
headhunter345
+4|6283|Usally around the corner

Stubbee wrote:

Should BF2 have these as default spawn times?
I think they are more than a little silly. Some noob gets the asset first, promptly destroys it in some stupid fashion and now your team is out of an asset for 15-20 frikken minutes?????

Default Vehicle Respawn Times ( Project Reality v0.8 )

* Jets - 20 minutes
* Attack Helicopters - 20 minutes
* Tanks - 20 minutes
* Mobile AT vehicles - 15 minutes
* Scout Attack Helicopters - 15 minutes
* APCs - 10 minutes
* Jeeps - 10 minutes
* Scout Helicopters - 10 minutes
* Transport Helicopters - 5 minutes
* Boats & Other - 5 minutes

I can see this in a pay-as-you-go tournament where there is a command structure etc. Nooooooooooo way this works for the average Joe. You would have to play over 1000 hours just to learn the ins and outs and then they would have a newer version for you to start over again...
Rolling Eyes
The penalty to your team for being a noob is too high.

And to think I D/L for 60 minutes to get the core files/levels @ 600kbs (total 2.4+ Gb)
lol iv played over 1000 hrs i love it.
But now im banned cause foreva cause the jerk admins at GSA dont like me. it evan said that in the Email lol.

thraSK wrote:

Recoil is spot on. I have fraps of taking down multiple enemy in single head shot's
U gotta get the feel for it

Last edited by headhunter345 (2008-12-14 21:50:25)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6374|California
AiX 2.0 is where its at , Harrier has a 10 second respawn time lol on some maps
headhunter345
lol.
No offence but ppl value assets that take age's to spawn.
In AIX its just so much going on at once its so spamy.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6374|California

headhunter345 wrote:

lol.
thats why its fun, theirs always constantly action going on
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6416|Somersetshire

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

headhunter345 wrote:

lol.
thats why its fun, theirs always constantly action going on
PR has constant action as long as you don't join a retard squad

Infantry squads is where it's at, on the front lines, bowing shit up
motherdear
+25|6660|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
PR is the shit to be honest, there is some stuff that needs adjustment, but none of the ones you are mentioning. the reason we got these spawntimes and similar is solely to promote teamwork and it works great. if we had vanilla spawntimes and similar this would not work the same way at all.
headhunter345
I played AIX for about 2 hours then uninstalled it. Its like all the retarded shit that PR rejected put in one MOD.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard