THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra
ok here goes.

every 3rd or so time i start my comp up it wont load windows and just gets stuck on the load screen with "detecting ide devices"

so anyway i downloaded and installed the latest nvidia drivers for my nforce3 mobo.
installed them prob fixed but the new drivers fucked up my networking with this computer. and wouldnt allow this comp to acces the net through my other one(as its been for months)

so i thought id just start from scratch and re install the drivers on the disc that came with the mobo.

so i insert the disc and it says to un install all nvidia driver then restart comp and install from the disc,

did that but when i went to restart the comp, windows starts but i cant use the mouse or keyboard, its frozn from start up. i have usb mouse and keyboard o i tried to use a ps/2 mouse and kb but it still just freezes on my desktop screen

whats even worse is when i tried to reinstall windows i cant becuase its not recognising any keyboards i cant press "press any key to boot from cd" so it just oads up windows like normal....

please if anybody has any clue as to what i can do ill dead set come over there and give you a sensual massage with happy ending if required..
crotchlemur
+8|6695|The Lemur's Den
gotta start with the "dumb" questions.  Is the keyboard plugged in?  Maybe you can just reseat the connection.  Take this one step at a time and you can get through it.
THA
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra

crotchlemur wrote:

gotta start with the "dumb" questions.  Is the keyboard plugged in?  Maybe you can just reseat the connection.  Take this one step at a time and you can get through it.
yeh tried three key boards so far, its just not recognising any imput peripherals in the mobo
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

check the boot order of the devices in the BIOS when the comp starts up..
make sure the IDE cables are connected securely, if all else fails

take out the CMOS battery on the mobo, and leave it out for 20 minutes, this resets the BIOS/ restoring to factory defaults

hope i helped
[DHG]Col.Kilroy
+0|6705
ummmm unless ur female no need for massage ....lol....but anyhow...try clearing your cmos(either do it by jumper or removing battery inside computer) bios may be messed up,or also u can just enter bios from setup by hitting correct key(delete for amd never ran intel so no idea on that). So try that and let me know if it helps email is [email protected].  Good Luck!
THA
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra

stryyker wrote:

check the boot order of the devices in the BIOS when the comp starts up..
make sure the IDE cables are connected securely, if all else fails

take out the CMOS battery on the mobo, and leave it out for 20 minutes, this resets the BIOS/ restoring to factory defaults

hope i helped
yeh i have the boot order set to cd first, but it still asks me to push a key to boot from disc, which i cant do.

when its frozen in windows i can insert the mobo drivers disc and it will run from auto run but then i cant click install because the mouse doesnt work!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726
new mobo?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6756|Somewhere in NYC
I had that same problem. My keyboard and mouse stopped working.

What worked for me was I shutdown windows, unplugged the PC from the Surge protector, turned off the Power supply. Waited 2 minutes.

And it turned on after that. I still have no idea how that happened. But thats what I did.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6705|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
it sounds like when you were changing keyboards mouses youve damaged your mobo sockets
[DHG]Col.Kilroy
+0|6705
try another thing unplug both with system off,boot it ,shut it back down plug them in and reboot ,i've had to do that on my kid's computer before ...
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6853|Waikato, Aotearoa
sounds like the motherboard could be knackered..........
THA
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra
belive me people iv tried everything,

everything was fine untill i uninstalled the updated nvidia drivers i downloaded, all the components inside the comp are less than two months old. im just going to take hd to a mates comp today who has same mobo and see if i can atleast reinstall the right drivers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard