Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6772

henno13 wrote:

I talked to Dr Li before I went to the GNR Station. The Fallout Wiki says that the BoH detachment that you were supposed to encounter does not show up if you do this. Lyon's Pride is obviously a big part of the story, but my question is, since they didn't show up in Chevy Chase, where do they come in?
When you do the GNR quest.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6342|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Cybargs wrote:

henno13 wrote:

I talked to Dr Li before I went to the GNR Station. The Fallout Wiki says that the BoH detachment that you were supposed to encounter does not show up if you do this. Lyon's Pride is obviously a big part of the story, but my question is, since they didn't show up in Chevy Chase, where do they come in?
When you do the GNR quest.
He just said he skipped it...

You should encounter the Lyons Pride inside the BoS stronghold "The Citadel"... In the A and B areas... (don't remember their suffix)
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6763|67.222.138.85
Okay what the heck, I finished the game with broken steel installed and Charon and Dogmeat following, now I can't find either one. Charon had a frickin armory with him.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6516|UK
Dogmeat usually goes back to outside vault 101. Wouldn't Charon be chilling in ghoulworld?
Flaming_Maniac
Dogmeat isn't at Vault 101 and Charon isn't in at The Ninth Circle.

I mean seriously, ignoring the fact that I would like my dog back, Charon had all my big guns at 100% including Eugene.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6516|UK
100% Eugene ouch!
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6405|Belfast
lol wut

I went into Tranquility Lane with Dogment following me, and when I came back out, he isn't there anymore. I am at the Citadel now, and I didn't really think about it becasue I was doing the stuff with Dad.

Where did he go?
FloppY_
­

henno13 wrote:

lol wut

I went into Tranquility Lane with Dogment following me, and when I came back out, he isn't there anymore. I am at the Citadel now, and I didn't really think about it becasue I was doing the stuff with Dad.

Where did he go?
He goes to 101 when you enter areas he cannot go to
Flaming_Maniac
Yeah Charon went back to Ninth Circle and Dogmeat went back to 101 after about an in-game month lol.
FloppY_
­

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Yeah Charon went back to Ninth Circle and Dogmeat went back to 101 after about an in-game month lol.
afaik 3 days is the zone-reset time...

e.g. skip forward 3x24 hours to reset all areas but the one you are standing in...
Flaming_Maniac

FloppY_ wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

e.g. skip forward 3x24 hours to reset all areas but the one you are standing in...
No way, first thing I did before posting here was sleep 5 days in my house and then 3 days in the middle of the Wasteland to try to get them to reset. After I posted I said fuck it and just started playing, took a loooong time and a lot of fast traveling before I finally got the message that they returned.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6594|Long Island, New York
Fawkes went back to Underworld in about 24 hours for me..
henno13
+230|6405|Belfast
Dogmeat wasn't there before and afer the "Trouble on the Homefront" quest. After, I decided to go and play Operation Anchorage. Just as I was about to begin I got the message "Dogmeat is waiting for you at Vault 101."

Anyway, why the fuck do the outcasts go batshit insane while you are in the armoury. I was colllection some gear and the guys waiting by the door shot that girl you see before you step in and they tried to kill me. At least I got a pretty decent Gatling Laser along side T51b Power Armour
VicktorVauhn
+319|6448|Southern California

Miggle wrote:

henno13 wrote:

I started playing this yesterday, it is.....different. It is going to take some getting used to.

Afer about four or five hours playing time, I've only completed one part of The Waseland survival guide and I have only arrived at Rivet City. This game is fucking massive. Combat is different to what I'm used to. The Raiders I've enountered seem like fucking super humans: 2 shots to the heat in VATS won't kill some of them, ffs. Still the game is fucking

During the Vault sequences, I belived (in my epic stupidness) that you could convince Amata (spelling?) to come with you somehow, which I tried to do. Sometimes, it's pretty annoying to travel all the way across the huge map just to discover places, and then you can fast travel.

People have complained that the PS3 GOTY edition is unplayble due to the bugs and the crash to XMBs (what I like to call CTX), but I haven't enountered any yet .

Anyway, it's so far.
Fallout 3 isn't really Massive, It's a lot of empty space and very little to do.

Check out Oblivion, it has a far larger campaign and a lot less walking.
mas⋅sive
  /ˈmæsɪv/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mas-iv] Show IPA
Use Massive in a Sentence
See images of Massive
Search Massive on the Web
–adjective
1.     consisting of or forming a large mass; bulky and heavy: massive columns.
2.     large and heavy-looking: a massive forehead.
3.     large in scale, amount, or degree: a massive breakdown in communications; massive reductions in spending.
4.     solid or substantial; great or imposing: massive erudition.
5.     Mineralogy. having no outward crystal form, although sometimes crystalline in internal structure.
Origin:
A large open space is pretty close to the definition of massive.
And who would have thought a place called the waste land would be a lot of empty space with very little to do? huh...
FloppY_
­

henno13 wrote:

Dogmeat wasn't there before and afer the "Trouble on the Homefront" quest. After, I decided to go and play Operation Anchorage. Just as I was about to begin I got the message "Dogmeat is waiting for you at Vault 101."

Anyway, why the fuck do the outcasts go batshit insane while you are in the armoury. I was colllection some gear and the guys waiting by the door shot that girl you see before you step in and they tried to kill me. At least I got a pretty decent Gatling Laser along side T51b Power Armour
If you listen to them talking you will know why... mutiny
FloppY_
­

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

No way, first thing I did before posting here was sleep 5 days in my house and then 3 days in the middle of the Wasteland to try to get them to reset. After I posted I said fuck it and just started playing, took a loooong time and a lot of fast traveling before I finally got the message that they returned.
Well then there is something wrong with your game or you have a mod that hinders it, because that is what Bethesda fixed the reset time to
Flaming_Maniac
When I was looking for the answer I saw lots of other people saying it took days/weeks for dogmeat to return to 101.
FloppY_
­

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

When I was looking for the answer I saw lots of other people saying it took days/weeks for dogmeat to return to 101.
Hmm, who knows, maybe he gets stuck in transit
aimless
+166|6181|Texas
A trailer is out
FloppY_
­

aimless wrote:

A trailer is out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNquX3rPFcA
Honestly, this isn't worthy of the name "trailer" it is just a teaser...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5642

FloppY_ wrote:

aimless wrote:

A trailer is out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNquX3rPFcA
Honestly, this isn't worthy of the name "trailer" it is just a teaser...
TravisC555
+118|6275|Cox Convention Center, OK
And thus the phrase "teaser trailer" was born.

No, but really, Bethesda called it a teaser trailer.
FloppY_
­

TravisC555 wrote:

And thus the phrase "teaser trailer" was born.

No, but really, Bethesda called it a teaser trailer.
Still, imo if you call it a trailer then it has to show at least a minimum of features / gameplay from the game...

This only shows that Vegas is not the wasteland Washington DC is, vegas has plenty of electricity for those light shows and one must assume there are tons of people, otherwise why have tons of light?

this is a teaser :p not a teaser trailer
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6711

So what's everyone's records on how long they've been able to play before the game crashes?

I think my all-time high was about 15 minutes, but nowadays it's around 5 or 7
henno13
+230|6405|Belfast

mtb0minime wrote:

So what's everyone's records on how long they've been able to play before the game crashes?

I think my all-time high was about 15 minutes, but nowadays it's around 5 or 7
I'm playing on the PS3, I used to be able to play for hours without any problems. However, since I played The Pitt, my game's save data is now over 12mb, this causes a shit load of problems. For some reason on the PS3, if the save game gets over 12mb, there are a lot of problems. The game crashed about five or six times during The Pitt, and now if I fast travel or enter some place, there is a high chance that the game will crash either during loading just after the loading finishes. There are now more significant frame rate drops too. It's a shame

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard