djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6347|Oregon
I've been watching.

I find myself frequently thinking "Democrats really are smarter than republicans..."

And I'm being serious.

I know how much shit I'll get for it, but I'm gonna say it here... Republicanism (in the American sense) is just plain stupid. I fail to understand how anyone can be that goddamn conservative. George and friends are nowhere near intelligent enough to lead a country, and those who support him are ignorant to many simple human truths that, if they had the brain power to learn, would lead us all to a better place.

Yeah, that is right. Democrats, by and large (and there is evidence to support it) are more intelligent than republicans. I say that confidently. And Now I'll get shat upon.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6458|Chicago, IL

ATG wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

i don't feel adequately represented by either candidate at this point...
So what is your beef?

Does anyone know if we can right in Ron Paul or if he will be on the ballot?
I'm assuming you can write in whoever you want, not that it makes much of a difference.

My problem is that I want the republican government and economic model without the bible-thumping bigotry that comes with it...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

Kmarion wrote:

DNC talk goes here.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=107926
I added that earlier today.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6530|Montucky

djphetal wrote:

I've been watching.

I find myself frequently thinking "Democrats really are smarter than republicans..."

And I'm being serious.

I know how much shit I'll get for it, but I'm gonna say it here... Republicanism (in the American sense) is just plain stupid. I fail to understand how anyone can be that goddamn conservative. George and friends are nowhere near intelligent enough to lead a country, and those who support him are ignorant to many simple human truths that, if they had the brain power to learn, would lead us all to a better place.

Yeah, that is right. Democrats, by and large (and there is evidence to support it) are more intelligent than republicans. I say that confidently. And Now I'll get shat upon.
Get your flamesuit on.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6347|Oregon

S3v3N wrote:

djphetal wrote:

I've been watching.

And I'm being serious.

Get your flamesuit on.
Oh it's on alright...

But I'll also say this: Many of the conservative or moderate people here (ATG, Kmarion) are very well spoken, and have actually changed my mind on a lot of issues (primarily border control... ATG has made me realize a strict border policy must be instituted). But nationally... generally... I'm convinced that liberals are more intelligent than conservatives.

edit: and when I say "very well spoken" I mean to say "are very smart people, whose political opinions I find completely valid." I don't mean "they're well spoken for being stupid," because I, and you, know they're not.

Last edited by djphetal (2008-08-27 21:58:24)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6458|Chicago, IL

djphetal wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

djphetal wrote:

I've been watching.

And I'm being serious.

Get your flamesuit on.
Oh it's on alright...

But I'll also say this: Many of the conservative or moderate people here (ATG, Kmarion) are very well spoken, and have actually changed my mind on a lot of issues (primarily border control... ATG has made me realize a strict border policy must be instituted). But nationally... generally... I'm convinced that liberals are more intelligent than conservatives.

edit: and when I say "very well spoken" I mean to say "are very smart people, whose political opinions I find completely valid." I don't mean "they're well spoken for being stupid," because I, and you, know they're not.
You haven't met the right kind of conservatives then...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
I always thought of them as right-wing libertarians, not conservatives.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6726|US

djphetal wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

djphetal wrote:

I've been watching.

And I'm being serious.

Get your flamesuit on.
Oh it's on alright...

Oddly, "neo-conservatism," which is what we've been seeing, is NOT traditional American Conservatism.  The Republicans used to be more "right-wing libertarians." Unfortunately, (IMO) they got away from that.

American Democrats--generally Pro-government sponsored programs, against government intrusion into gay-marriage/abortion, against any government/religious ties (or even symbolism), for government intrusion into gun rights, for government intrusion into business practices.

(modern) American Republicans--generally pro-government, for government intrusion into gay-marriage/abortion, for government intrusion into religion (aka fundamentalist evangelicals), flip-flop on gun rights, against government intrusion into business.

IMO, both parties are pro-government (just in different ways), both have issues where they seek government intrusion into private lives (LBGT for the Repubs, guns for the Dems), both waste horrible amounts of taxpayer money, both wind up increasing the power of the government, and neither represents anyone who is generally libertarian.

...quite sad for those of us who like libertarianism! :cry:

I'm a self-described moderate-right libertarian.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6355|tropical regions of london
people and their labels.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6549|Long Island, New York
MANBEARPIG

I'm super serial.

Way to kill Stevie Wonder's vibe by putting Gore on... /facedesk
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6701|Tampa Bay Florida
Al Gore sucks
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6498|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Poseidon wrote:

MANBEARPIG

I'm super serial.

Did I hear my name?
https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/kheihn/manbearpig.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

SgtHeihn wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

MANBEARPIG

I'm super serial.

Did I hear my name?
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/ … earpig.jpg
lawl

I have to say, he's putting on a good speech...but God do I hate him.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6502|Menlo Park, CA

Turquoise wrote:

When it comes to drilling...  "they drink our milkshake."

Still, drilling isn't really going to help much.  More refineries would help, but moving away from oil would help the most.
Your absolutely right, moving away from oil is the longterm smart choice.  However, the "here and now" says we need to be oil independent, and that means we need to drill NOW on OUR OWN SOIL.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6696|United States of America
I've never really watched Barack's speeches outside of little news snippets before. This guy is an oratory beast.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6355|tropical regions of london
dude is a machine
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
fireworks?

THE BRONCOS JUST WON THE SUPER BOWL?

christ...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6701|Tampa Bay Florida
Holy shit that was the best speech I've ever heard
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6541|Global Command

Spearhead wrote:

You've never heard me about bacon.   
Reciprocity
+721|6592|the dank(super) side of Oregon
David Gergen described his speech as a symphony and I can definitely see why.  I'm not one of these Obama nuts, but the guy can can deliver.  Clinton and Reagan were/are both excellent speakers as well as McCain, but Obama, like Kennedy, takes it to another level.
SealXo
+309|6547

Spearhead wrote:

wait till his fail debates
he sucks live
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

SealXo wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

he sucks live
You keep basing that off of when he had to speak in a forum full of conservatives.

Any democrat would suck speaking there.

I'd love to see McCain speak in front of gays and lesbians who support abortion rights.
Reciprocity
+721|6592|the dank(super) side of Oregon

SealXo wrote:

he sucks live
So, how's that big Obama revelation coming?

I'm still waiting with bated breath.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

SealXo wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

he sucks live
Have you heard McCain?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SealXo
+309|6547

Poseidon wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

he sucks live
You keep basing that off of when he had to speak in a forum full of conservatives.

Any democrat would suck speaking there.

I'd love to see McCain speak in front of gays and lesbians who support abortion rights.
Wanna see obama in a crowd of his own?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard