Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6635|132 and Bush

DNC talk goes here.

https://i37.tinypic.com/21k9mw8.jpg
Denver, CO AUG 25,2008

Federal authorities have scheduled a press conference for Tuesday afternoon amid reports that two men have been arrested with weapons in Aurora and Glendale and that authorities are investigating a possible assasination plot against Barack Obama.

The first man, identified by KUSA-TV, Channel 9 as Tharin Gartrell, 28, was charged with suspicion of being a felon in possession of a weapon. Police said they found two rifles, a high-powered scope, two other weapons and methamphetamine in his car after the traffic stop.

When police accompanied Gartrell to his room in Glendale at the Cherry Creek Hotel, 600 South Colorado Blvd., a second man jumped from a sixth-floor window, Glendale Police Chief Victor Ross told The Denver Post.

He landed on an awning four floors down then hit the ground and broke his ankle. The man tried to hide in the bushes, before police found and took him into custody on several outstanding warrants, Ross said.

"This whole thing started with a traffic stop in Aurora," Ross said. "Weapons and meth were recovered."

He said given the timing of the arrests, it is a concern to police. NBC news reported that the men had tattoos and jewelry often seen on white supremacists, but that federal authorities were skeptical that there was an organized plot to kill Obama.

Another law enforcement source said authorities were investigating whether the men were connected to a motorcycle club, Sons of Silence.

"We are all on high alert," Ross said. "We don't know if there are any ties to the DNC but we're always concerned when we find weapons."

The FBI and ATF are investigating, Ross said, but federal authorities were refusing to release details.

"This is a methamphetamine and firearms case that arose from a traffic stop made by an Aurora Police officer. Firearms and methamphetamine were seized, and a number of individuals are in state custody," said U.S. Attorney Troy Eid in a prepared statement. "The matter continues to be under investigation. We'll provide more information as it becomes available."

Aurora Police planned a press conference for 8:15 p.m. tonight. Federal authorities scheduled a news conference for 4 p.m. Tuesday. .
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_10300524

Damn. Can you imagine the fallout?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6572|Long Island, New York

Stop reading my fucking mind.

I was literally. LITERALLY... just thinking about this.

But, @ the OP - I wouldn't get worked up about it. I'm sure they uncover stuff like this all the time, but we seldom hear about it.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6666|949

Kmarion wrote:

Yeah, that guy must have been in pain after falling four stories.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-08-25 19:07:58)

God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6377|tropical regions of london
they're kinda reaching arent they?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6635|132 and Bush

God Save the Queen wrote:

They said it looked like they were part of a white supremacist group.

But they also said, "but that federal authorities were skeptical that there was an organized plot to kill Obama."
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Yeah, that guy must have been in pain after falling four stories.
john locke-esque shit
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6187|what

Will await further details to any "plot" but good job to tha po-lice.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
God Save the Queen
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

But they also said, "but that federal authorities were skeptical that there was an organized plot to kill Obama."
are they going to start linking all crimes in the area to attempts on obama?

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-08-25 19:14:52)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6635|132 and Bush

There is rioting going on right now also.. wtf? I hope to god they are macing those recreate 68 clowns.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6666|949

Kmarion wrote:

There is rioting going on right now also.. wtf? I hope to god they are macing those recreate 68 clowns.
I was a part of the protests during the 2000 DNC in LA.  It got crazy too.  Lot's of energetic youth waiting for a moment to flip the switch.  I think that particular switch was flipped during or after Rage Against the Machine's concert there.  I remember seeing a police car flipped over and lit on fire, a few baton strikes, and pepper spray before my brother and I got out of there.
God Save the Queen
Banned
I remember the Lakers winning at the staple center
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6666|949

I remember the Lakers winning at the staple center
Was there for that too - watching the game on the big screen out front.  Crowd went fucking crazy.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6635|132 and Bush

Kmarion wrote:

are they going to start linking all crimes in the area to attempts on obama?
They are coming with this (linking) a little late aren't they? The guy had white supremacy connections and high power rifles with scopes. Given the location it's not a complete stretch. There could have been threats made as well:

Aurora Police Detective Marcus Dudley said Monday that 28-year-old Tharin Robert Gartrell was arrested early Sunday. FBI spokeswoman Kathy Wright says Gartrell is under investigation on drug and weapons charges.

Wright says the FBI is investigating reports in some Denver media that Gartrell may have made threats against Barack Obama, who will be in Denver this week to accept the Democratic nomination for president.
http://www.kjct8.com/Global/story.asp?S=8898535
Detail are breaking. It could be nothing.. but the circumstances as reported make this srs bsnes.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6635|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I was a part of the protests during the 2000 DNC in LA.  It got crazy too.  Lot's of energetic youth waiting for a moment to flip the switch.  I think that particular switch was flipped during or after Rage Against the Machine's concert there.  I remember seeing a police car flipped over and lit on fire, a few baton strikes, and pepper spray before my brother and I got out of there.
My question is why would they want to "Recreate 68"? Didn't Nixon win? Stupid is as stupid does.  lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6689

Thank god they caught the guy; I could not handle Hillary running ... although that would make McCain's chances better... but I still wouldn't want to risk it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6635|132 and Bush

A bullet proof vest, two rifles, ammunition, walkie talkies, and drugs. Sounds like a party.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6635|132 and Bush

I wonder how they're going to follow up yesterdays activities. Any ideas? I hope it involves grape Kool aide.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6635|132 and Bush

Karl Rove, my favorite political strategist , said "Does anyone really think Bill Clinton isn't going to overshadow Joe Biden tonight?". He makes a good point. Whether you love or hate Bill Clinton, you can't deny his speaking skills.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6439|North Carolina
You know...  if they really wanted to spice things up for the next convention, they could hold it in Detroit.

Riots + Poverty = Good news story

"You know, we really should stop campaigning...  We'll miss the fireworks..."
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6724|Tampa Bay Florida

Turquoise wrote:

You know...  if they really wanted to spice things up for the next convention, they could hold it in Detroit.

or Baghdad, the capital of the 51st state
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6635|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Oh there's plenty of spice brother..lol. I was just watching some of the demonstrations and the first thing that popped in my mind was damn, I hope they never have one in my city. It's nuckin futs.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Didn't they have the DNC in NYC at one point?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6635|132 and Bush

Bill is coming on now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Oh there's plenty of spice brother..lol. I was just watching some of the demonstrations and the first thing that popped in my mind was damn, I hope they never have one in my city. It's nuckin futs.
Agreed, but I doubt they'll bother with Greensboro...  NC is pretty solidly red...  (maybe not in the distant future though).

Kmarion wrote:

Bill is coming on now.
That's better than him com...  oh too easy...  lol

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-08-27 18:02:41)

Turquoise
O Canada

Spearhead wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

or Baghdad, the capital of the 51st state
That would be more appropriate for a Republican convention.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard