Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
My Yahoo! and Facebook accounts have just been phished.

I'm in serious need of help now, BF2s.

How do I get them back?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

phished?  wats that?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6741|London

Tell Yahoo! and Facebook?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6131
I can help, i just need your bf2s password.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6741|London

usmarine wrote:

phished?  wats that?
stoled
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
tuckergustav
+1,590|5912|...

did they change your password?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Poseidon wrote:

My Yahoo! and Facebook accounts have just been phished.

I'm in serious need of help now, BF2s.

How do I get them back?
Those were your accounts?

Oh SHI-
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
First of all what happened?
tuckergustav
+1,590|5912|...

sounds like you didn't check the web address when you were asked to "re-enter" your password?  Is this correct?
Joey S.
Banned
+6|5727
looool, am I the only one finding this amusing?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

usmarine wrote:

phished?  wats that?
online fraud

If they have already changed the email to something you don't know, you're screwed. Either use shady means to get it back from them (yeah right) or contact the particular sites. If they're willing to be helpful it shouldn't be hard for them to get it back, don't know if that's the case with those sites however.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5994

Joey S. wrote:

No
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

usmarine wrote:

phished?  wats that?
online fraud

If they have already changed the email to something you don't know, you're screwed. Either use shady means to get it back from them (yeah right) or contact the particular sites. If they're willing to be helpful it shouldn't be hard for them to get it back, don't know if that's the case with those sites however.
thats fucked up.
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Joey S. wrote:

Not if someone has access of your facebook profile and proceeds to make your main profile pic a giant penis.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6131

Roc18 wrote:

Joey S. wrote:

Not if someone has access of your facebook profile and proceeds to make your main profile pic a giant penis.
when you don't know who's doing it, yeah it sucks.

But I have freinds who do that kind of shit to each other if they leave myspace or facebook on their computer and walk away.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I contacted Yahoo! and Facebook with the information they need and told them what is going on.

In a sad attempt, I also contacted the guy who did it.

If Yahoo! can't get me my e-mail back (which is the most important part and seems the most likely for me since they have a form for this) then I'm calling the police. There's very valuable credit card information in there that I'd used and my mom had sent to me as well as a plethora of other things.

I don't really care about my facebook, I can always make a new one - It's my email I need.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

use shady means to get it back from them
Poseidon.... isnt it obvious?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Rorschach time

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-08-26 21:07:59)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

Poseidon wrote:

I contacted Yahoo! and Facebook with the information they need and told them what is going on.

In a sad attempt, I also contacted the guy who did it.

If Yahoo! can't get me my e-mail back (which is the most important part and seems the most likely for me since they have a form for this) then I'm calling the police. There's very valuable credit card information in there that I'd used and my mom had sent to me as well as a plethora of other things.

I don't really care about my facebook, I can always make a new one - It's my email I need.
Ohhh, yeah, you're fucked. You might want to consider changing the password on other sites where he now has your login, newegg and steam and stuff like that, but obviously it doesn't make too much of a difference apart from saving yourself some hassle later if he has your credit card information. Tell your mom now to be honest.

edit: Police can't do shit as far as I know, you would probably be wasting your time. Cancel the card.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6391|Southern California
fuck it, just call the cops now if you have good enough proof of who did it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Spearhead wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

use shady means to get it back from them
Poseidon.... isnt it obvious?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Rorschach time
I fucking would, honestly.

I think this has taught me a valuable lesson.

1) Use a different password for EVERYTHING.
2) Make them VERY, VERY difficult.
3) Never trust secure information with your account
4) The internet sucks.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Poseidon wrote:

Ouch. Like Flamy said, call your mom and tell about this. I'd go change my cardnumber right away if that happened.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Talked to my mom...she said we'll call the police in the morning if Yahoo! doesn't help. There's a LOT of valuable information in there.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5964|London, England

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6321|Orrstrayleea

Poseidon wrote:

Talked to my mom...she said we'll call the police in the morning if Yahoo! doesn't help. There's a LOT of valuable information in there.
Which is why there's internet fantasy land, then IRL. L2DIFFERENCE IMO
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

edit: Police can't do shit as far as I know, you would probably be wasting your time. Cancel the card.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard