Rosebudteg
+6|6406|Washington State
So my computer was broken for about 1 year and 3 months and I finally built a newish one.  I'm cheap... what can I say.

But it was definitely time for my old one to go.  I picked BF2 back up and started playing again.  I still enjoy it.  Although I'm definitely out of practice.  Except if I get into a Anti-Air vehicle.  I can still clean up with one of those.

Besides the point though.  I was looking through my badges figuring out which ones I need still and I noticed my jet time.

Aviator      00:05:57      1 kill      7 deaths

Almost 6 whole minutes in 126 hours and 45 minutes worth of playing.  I've seen people in the jets do some fantastic moves and really rake in the points.  I'm not a big joystick fan, so I'm pretty darn terrible at being a pilot.  In fact, I'm bad enough that the only time I've ever really gotten into a jet is when I found a jet in the enemy base and jumped into it before the enemy could.  I tried to get it to my runway to give it to someone who knows what they are doing, but I died... 6 times.    The 7th time I knew I was in trouble the second I took off.  So I steered the thing towards a vehicle, shooting the whole way then blew up when I struck the ground ... got a kill though.

Then one time, I spawned on my squad leader to find he was in one of the two seat bombers.  I didn't get but maybe 30 or 40 seconds to click around and figure out what I was looking at before he slammed the thing into the ground, disbanded the squad, made a new squad and password protected it.  Bummer.

But it was neat!  I SUCK as a pilot, but I might be okay as a gunner.  I'm not a fan of trying with some random person though, because I don't want to upset the pilot by my less than stellar knowledge about being a gunner.  So I'm getting on here to ask if there is anyone willing to give a new gunner a chance to learn and possibly break that 10 minute mark.

And as long as I'm talking about it, I was gunner on a helicopter once.  It was a blast (although I have to admit, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being best, I was probably around a 4 or 5).  The pilot was absolutely fantastic and he was patient with the newb.  I had a solid 15 minutes of gunner before I had to go do something and had to leave.  Any pilots willing to pilot me around and let me give it a shot again?
Adamshannon8
+94|6195
your mother can fly you.
Joey S.
Banned
+6|5738
What is your xfire?
Rosebudteg
+6|6406|Washington State

Joey S. wrote:

What is your xfire?
I should probably have one of those.  I'll get one tonight and put it up.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6376|California
lol good story man.
i taught myself how to fly, with Mouse/Keyboard never used a joystick in my life, and never will.
I would fly you except I uninstalled bf2
t0mhank5
+319|6722|Surge
get xfire, and add me. I love flying the bomber.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6665

Add me, too. I mainly play Daqing Oilfields, and I love flying the bombers Plus I could use the time, too. I need to work on my air-to-air evasion in the bombers; I already know how to bomb the fuck out of clueless tank and AA drivers.

Also, do you have a microphone? It's very handy for telling your pilot if you see something/someone, let them know when you're reloading, etc. And I hope you'll be able to practice firing without a lock and guiding the missile. That's one of the most important tactics since it allows your pilot to not be so vulnerable in trying to line up a shot, or in case he doesn't have enough time to line you up for a full lock. In fact, many times it's better to fire without a lock since sometimes the missiles go way wide when there is a lock.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-08-26 18:56:50)

san4
The Mas
+311|6699|NYC, a place to live

mtb0minime wrote:

Add me, too. I mainly play Daqing Oilfields, and I love flying the bombers Plus I could use the time, too. I need to work on my air-to-air evasion in the bombers; I already know how to bomb the fuck out of clueless tank and AA drivers.
Those are fighting words.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6665

san4 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Add me, too. I mainly play Daqing Oilfields, and I love flying the bombers Plus I could use the time, too. I need to work on my air-to-air evasion in the bombers; I already know how to bomb the fuck out of CLUELESS tank and AA drivers.
Those are fighting words.
Only the clueless ones. But not you san4, my love

No wait, there are many I've still got who weren't clueless... but they don't know how to work AA since they haven't spent hundreds of hours in it

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-08-26 19:38:41)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6376|California
san want to meet my TV missle again?

Last edited by =NHB=Shadow (2008-08-26 20:01:06)

san4
The Mas
+311|6699|NYC, a place to live

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

san want to meet my TV missle again?
Those are fighting words too but I know better than to fight with you.   Actually I don't remember it. But I remember making my first and only upside-down TV missile shot when I was gunner in a heli you were piloting on Sharqi a long time ago. I'm sure there was a good reason for the heli to be upside down but I don't remember that either.

Mr. MattyBoy, you know the sweet talk won't keep my missiles out of your tailpipe.
But on the other hand I would feel bad shooting down a fellow Daqing whore . . . 
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6333|Orrstrayleea
Gunning in Jet= Easiest thing in the game to do

IMO: learn to fly, Start in the J10, then move on. I used to FAIL until i whored the J10, then moved on to F35, i'm still average, but much better.
aimless
+166|6135|Texas
I can fly you if you want.

<---xfire
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6202|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
i'll do it, xfire also (gcronin) when you get it
Rosebudteg
+6|6406|Washington State

Rosebudteg wrote:

Joey S. wrote:

What is your xfire?
I should probably have one of those.  I'll get one tonight and put it up.
Got it.  rosebudteg is my xfire.  Sorry I didn't get on last night.  Wife and I were cleaning the house.

mtb0minime wrote:

Also, do you have a microphone? It's very handy for telling your pilot if you see something/someone, let them know when you're reloading, etc. And I hope you'll be able to practice firing without a lock and guiding the missile. That's one of the most important tactics since it allows your pilot to not be so vulnerable in trying to line up a shot, or in case he doesn't have enough time to line you up for a full lock. In fact, many times it's better to fire without a lock since sometimes the missiles go way wide when there is a lock.
I have a microphone, but I'm trouble shooting the dang thing.  It works fine, but the motherboard for some reason won't see it or any other microphone.

More than likely it's a problem with Vista.  I went to the Microsoft Vista SP1 release convention up here in Seattle... I'm not in IT whatsoever, but I knew they were giving away free copies of Vista Ultimate.  Free means I'm all about it. 

I figured what the heck when I put the new computer together.  It's not as bad as I was expecting, but it definitely takes some learning.

Last edited by Rosebudteg (2008-08-27 11:27:25)

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6757|Mexico City
depends of you budget.
how much are you paying?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5942|Somewhere out in Space

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

depends of you budget.
how much are you paying?
Even if he did, you would just ask for it to be less and less until you are volunteering.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6757|Mexico City

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

depends of you budget.
how much are you paying?
Even if he did, you would just ask for it to be less and less until you are volunteering.
no,
im a top class engineer.
i dont do charity.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5761|شمال
nice story, i loled
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6464|The Twilight Zone
B17?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6251|Man Diego

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

depends of you budget.
how much are you paying?
no,
im a top class engineer.
i dont do charity.
Hmmm...I would do Charity!
http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=108094
Don't you like women Bennet?

Last edited by Perv3rt (2008-08-27 14:29:20)

ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6211
contact me plx?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard