Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

.Sup wrote:

You will have to excuse me for asking something you all well know but is he a Democrat or a Republican?
He is Obama's VP.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6722|67.222.138.85

Turquoise wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Biden typically fails at presidential elections because he's too honest.  He doesn't bother with PC bullshit.  I like that about him even though I don't necessarily agree with all his views.
       |----------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------|
Joe Biden                                       Boastful                                      Common Decency                               Political Correctness

going by that video anyways
Explain.  How is he being politically correct?  He pretty much laid the whole thing out there.  The Democrats used to work on social principles, not on numbers.  That's what he was talking about with the Civil Rights Movement.  If anything, he was blasting both parties for how failed economics were taking precedence over principles in 1988.

Reagan stimulated the economy through necessary tax cuts, but he fucked things up with all the debt he accrued via the arms race and mandatory drug sentencing that was filling up our prisons even back then.  But yeah, it's not just Reagan's fault.  The Democrats had a majority in both houses for most of the 80s, so they fucked up too.  That's basically what Biden was talking about.

That was hardly politically correct.
Oh definitely, as my little meter showed he is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum as political correctness. He is so far away in fact, that he is far, far away from common decency and has moved past even boastful in spouting his intellectual escapades.

You don't get a free ticket to be an asshole because you say you aren't afraid to "tell it like it is". You can hold an unpopular position and still be able to dance the dance a little bit to keep things kosher. In fact I would see that as a necessary trait in a President, seeing as they are our premiere diplomat to other nations.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6468|The Twilight Zone

Kmarion wrote:

.Sup wrote:

You will have to excuse me for asking something you all well know but is he a Democrat or a Republican?
He is Obama's VP.
So hes a republican?

j/k
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6420|North Carolina

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Oh definitely, as my little meter showed he is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum as political correctness. He is so far away in fact, that he is far, far away from common decency and has moved past even boastful in spouting his intellectual escapades.

You don't get a free ticket to be an asshole because you say you aren't afraid to "tell it like it is". You can hold an unpopular position and still be able to dance the dance a little bit to keep things kosher. In fact I would see that as a necessary trait in a President, seeing as they are our premiere diplomat to other nations.
My mistake...  Your meter was so long that it put the other end right next to Biden until you edited it.

I'll give you that, but you have to admit that it's refreshing to hear a little frankness in politics for once.  It makes a lot of sense that he's Obama's VP when you consider how annoyingly politically correct Obama can be at times.
Flaming_Maniac

Kmarion wrote:

Fm has been studying penis size for awhile. I'm going to assume he knows what he is talking about.
I'll show you my evolutionary advantage, if you know what I mean.

Turquoise wrote:

If procriation means more to you than intellectual ability, sure.
No, it extends beyond that to basic competence in all areas. You first of all have to be smart enough to survive to maturity, physically fit enough for sex and physically fit enough to attract a mate, and then your massive schlong seals the deal. People with big boobs, big dicks, etc. etc. have a statistically better chance at being moderately genetically superior to those not so well endowed.
Flaming_Maniac

Turquoise wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

My mistake...  Your meter was so long that it put the other end right next to Biden until you edited it.

I'll give you that, but you have to admit that it's refreshing to hear a little frankness in politics for once.  It makes a lot of sense that he's Obama's VP when you consider how annoyingly politically correct Obama can be at times.
That is true. I would like to see someone with a little more finesse than a bull in a china shop as our VP though.
Turquoise
O Canada

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Fm has been studying penis size for awhile. I'm going to assume he knows what he is talking about.
I'll show you my evolutionary advantage, if you know what I mean.

Turquoise wrote:

If procriation means more to you than intellectual ability, sure.
No, it extends beyond that to basic competence in all areas. You first of all have to be smart enough to survive to maturity, physically fit enough for sex and physically fit enough to attract a mate, and then your massive schlong seals the deal. People with big boobs, big dicks, etc. etc. have a statistically better chance at being moderately genetically superior to those not so well endowed.
Does that mean Stephen Hawking has a huge dick?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Does that mean Stephen Hawking has a huge dick?
What the hell just happened to my thread?

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flaming_Maniac
He had a wife for quite a while after his condition seriously deteriorated...not sure how that would happen if he didn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking wrote:

Jane Hawking (née Wilde), Hawking’s first wife, with whom he had three children, cared for him until 1991 when the couple separated, reportedly due to the pressures of fame and his increasing disability. Hawking married his nurse, Elaine Mason (who was also the previous wife of David Mason, designer of the first version of Hawking’s talking computer), in 1995. In October 2006, Hawking filed for divorce from his second wife.
player
Turquoise
O Canada

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

He had a wife for quite a while after his condition seriously deteriorated...not sure how that would happen if he didn't.
Uh...  ok...  Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at it...  lol
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6198|Ireland

Kmarion wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

He sounds like a pompous ass. 

My response would have been " Its public record, get to your point. "
You would have sounded like a pompous question dodging ass. It's no win. You might as well beat the wolves back if they are going to spin it any way they want.
The reporter wasn't asking a question, he was making a point and trying to engage Biden about it to get quotes.  He was very successful, and made Biden look stupid and childish.

Obviously the reporter new the answer or he wouldn't have ask Biden, he would have gotten the school records. 

He lost the second he mentioned IQ.  Everyone with half a brain knows that IQ test are administered to find out if someone is stupid, not smart.  That is their whole purpose and they are way too subjective to be considered an indication of superior intellect.  If a person wants to find someone who is smart they administer aptitude tests in the areas the person needs to be gifted in.

Now go take the Tickle IQ test and brag to your friends how smart you are Biden.  OMG, maybe you will even have a higher IQ than Sharon Stone.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6552|Long Island, New York
This conversation has truly but slowly begun to remind me of that scene of Brian's professor in the wheelchair doing it with his wife in Family Guy.

You know what I'm talking about.
Turquoise
O Canada

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

You would have sounded like a pompous question dodging ass. It's no win. You might as well beat the wolves back if they are going to spin it any way they want.
The reporter wasn't asking a question, he was making a point and trying to engage Biden about it to get quotes.  He was very successful, and made Biden look stupid and childish.

Obviously the reporter new the answer or he wouldn't have ask Biden, he would have gotten the school records. 

He lost the second he mentioned IQ.  Everyone with half a brain knows that IQ test are administered to find out if someone is stupid, not smart.  That is their whole purpose and they are way too subjective to be considered an indication of superior intellect.  If a person wants to find someone who is smart they administer aptitude tests in the areas the person needs to be gifted in.

Now go take the Tickle IQ test and brag to your friends how smart you are Biden.  OMG, maybe you will even have a higher IQ than Sharon Stone.
Biden was probably annoyed at how the press can be about these sort of things.  I wish more politicians would snap back at the press more often.  It's one of the few things I like about Bush.

As much as Bush muddles what he says, he'll sometimes come up with a zinger to smack the press with.  Even if I usually disagree with him, I do find him occasionally funny.

Ron Paul will sometimes do the same thing (albeit more cleverly).

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-08-24 12:21:15)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6772|Argentina
I like the guy.
.Sup
be nice

sergeriver wrote:

I like the guy.
What? GTFO serge. Cmon the guy thinks hes God or something.
Turquoise
O Canada

.Sup wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I like the guy.
I think you misunderstood Biden.  He was mostly just railing into the press.  I'd probably do the same (which is why I'd never be elected).

And to be honest, a lot of people who run for office really do have a much higher IQ than the average reporter.
.Sup
be nice

Turquoise wrote:

.Sup wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I like the guy.
I think you misunderstood Biden.  He was mostly just railing into the press.  I'd probably do the same (which is why I'd never be elected).

And to be honest, a lot of people who run for office really do have a much higher IQ than the average reporter.
Maybe you're right. There was a vid about him posted on BF2s and I actually liked what he was saying. But what hes saying now is not acceptable for a VP.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Obviously the reporter knew the answer or he wouldn't have ask Biden, he would have gotten the school records. 

He asked a question to make a point (rhetoric). He was clearly being attacked and he delivered an definitive response. The reporter even admitted that he was challenging his credentials. He laid them out along with an offer to review his IQ (learning capacity).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

.Sup wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Maybe you're right. There was a vid about him posted on BF2s and I actually liked what he was saying. But what hes saying now is not acceptable for a VP.
Well, that was back in 1988.  We'll see if he flies off the handle during the VP debates.
Flaming_Maniac
Do you guys seriously believe an IQ test is even a remotely accurate test of someone's intelligence?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

He was mostly just railing into the press.  I'd probably do the same
Anyone who says otherwise is a liar or a puss. Btw where did John McCain place in his class?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
894 out of 899
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Do you guys seriously believe an IQ test is even a remotely accurate test of someone's intelligence?
It is for mathematical/logical intelligence.  I support the 8 intelligences model though.

There are 7 other intelligences besides IQ, many of which are about as important for holding office.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

No, clearly penis size is the way to go.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
oChaos.Haze
+90|6453
Refreshing, even if it's 20 years old.  I feel like Kerry/Edwards (didn't like them anyways) lost a lot of votes when they wouldn't snap back at claims and accusations.  The VP debates IMO swung a lot of non informed voters who just saw that Cheney made an ass out of Edwards.  Maybe Biden will snap back, and even sweeter if he makes them look like the antagonist.
Flaming_Maniac

Kmarion wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

No, clearly penis size is the way to go.
Because you can define someone's intellectual potential by questions made using the foundations of classical learning.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard