kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london
Was playing briefly earlier on and I still lag/blip occasionally, and my ping rises to 500+ for a few seconds before returning to its normal state.

Any idea how to fix this? I use Wireless so that might be a potential problem..
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

Thats the problem
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6150|Estonia

kptk92 wrote:

I use Wireless so that might be a potential problem..
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london
No can someone be as kind enough to give me a proper answer, maybe recommend a fix
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

kptk92 wrote:

No can someone be as kind enough to give me a proper answer, maybe recommend a fix
How far are you from the router, which gen is it (a/b/g/N-draft), and what did it and your WLAN card cost?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Delusion
AK Hero
+26|5774|Greece / Rhodos
get a cable...wireless sucks
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6629|UK
Yeah, would it be feasible to run a cable?
covenant
+4|6216
I had that problem but bf2 just lost "connection" and in a spilt second went back to normal. I had wireless.
I now have a 25 m cable running up to my computer from the router downstairs. no problems since.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
Wait is there no way at all to online game with a wireless card?
BigOrangeArmy
Don't tase me, bro!
+12|5997|Dallas

wah1188 wrote:

Wait is there no way at all to online game with a wireless card?
You can, its just less reliable than a cable. If you're moving (like in a car) you can easily get lag spikes you, say, go through a tunnel or something. If something is between you and the router, or if the router is behind a bunch of crap, you get a weak signal.
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london
There is no chance of running a cable. The router is a few rooms away, so its gotta go through two walls
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Get a more stable Wi-Fi connection. Also having a better Wi-Fi receiver in the PC you're using helps allot. I've had allot of Wi-Fi troubles in the passed but I haven't had massive spikes like that in over a year since I got a better receiver.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

nothing wrong with wireless tbh
melabon
+8|6211|Germany
I have a Fritz!Box 7270 and a Intel WiFi link 4965AGN card in my laptop. Between the laptop and the router is 5m and a floor with heater.
I have now problems with battlefield, my ping is around 30 - 60 and running well. You use n-draft? I put the router to G and its very good signal.
Only when i put it to n-draft i get problems like you, but this is because the other systems using G. I think so. If i got a solution to run both at the same time i will keep you updated. But under the line there is now diffrence if you have a ping of 10 - 30 with cable or 30 - 60 with WiFi.
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6193|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
I get the same thing as you kpt and im not sure if my router is up to date!

Linksys WRT54G 54Mbps
https://img57.imageshack.us/img57/6671/621861jd2.jpg

anyone know the most modern of routers, any good brand or something? Need for BF2!
jdno_7
+10|6224

kptk92 wrote:

if someone else is online at the same time and loading a page or downloading email, it will spike.

seen mine go over 6 or 7 hundred, nothing unusual about it.
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6562
This fixes your problem: Start->Run->services.msc->wireless zero configuration-> stop the service

If you have any problems connecting to web pages simply enable it again. but make sure to do it when your playing, then no more lag spikes.

Btw certain objects have no effect on wirless signals, Just make sure there are no metallic objects blocking your router from your pc, This will help increase signal strength.

Last edited by Mr.E (2008-08-28 16:00:00)

latinolink
plop plop flop flop
+11|6658|west liberty IA

kptk92 wrote:

Was playing briefly earlier on and I still lag/blip occasionally, and my ping rises to 500+ for a few seconds before returning to its normal state.

Any idea how to fix this? I use Wireless so that might be a potential problem..
If your using vista I tell you the problem every 60 secs your wireless card will check for new networks explaining your lag problem so by doing what Mr. E wrote

Mr.E wrote:

This fixes your problem: Start->Run->services.msc->wireless zero configuration-> stop the service

If you have any problems connecting to web pages simply enable it again. but make sure to do it when your playing, then no more lag spikes.

Btw certain objects have no effect on wirless signals, Just make sure there are no metallic objects blocking your router from your pc, This will help increase signal strength.
you can eliminate the problem or if your too lazy to type that every time (like me) i suggest you look for some 3rd party programs to at least increase the timer (probably to 10 minutes) and reduce the lag time. I suggest (google this i don't rember the website in which i'm to lazy to look up):
Vista Anti-lag
WLANOptimizerNET
,but this is if your running Vista. If your an XP user then it doesn't make sense to me since i thought it never came with the ping spike problem.
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london

Mr.E wrote:

There is no Wireless Zero Configuration when I go through the list...
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6455|USA
Disable the windows wireless zero configuration. Figure out how on your own, it's not hard.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5719|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Get a WRT54G Router, put DD-WRT on it and boost the output power.

And get a better antenna for your PC wifi card.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

kptk92 wrote:

There is no chance of running a cable. The router is a few rooms away, so its gotta go through two walls
Tact the LAN cord to your ceiling, nobody will see it, and if you buy a long enough cord, it should work fine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard