bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5849|one windy city
alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

But I lag even with the SigmaTel Integrated Audio. AND I'M FUCKING PISSED CAUSE IT ONLY DOES THIS IN THE ONLY GAME I PLAY NOWADAYS. WHAT THE FUCK.
alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

Running on Low made it playable, but still does it...
alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

Now I get FPS drops down to 20 ever minute or so. It's slowly becoming worse each day. Someone please, help...
alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

Last week, I was playing at 70FPS. Now I play at 15-30. Yesterday, I didn't artifact. Today, I artifacted for the first time. I've come to the conclusion my computer is dying slowly. I just got a new graphics card too, don't ask for me to RMA it please...

https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/b54a873373e0752855825fe23441368ee60c226e.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

You sure your PSU can handle your new card?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

Looking at the box right now, says 350Watt. I have 375.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

alexbay13 wrote:

Looking at the box right now, says 350Watt. I have 375.
Well what kind of 375Watt, that's the important part. What does it state in the specs label?
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5849|one windy city

Freezer7Pro wrote:

You sure your PSU can handle your new card?
good catch, most of the no-name PSU's fail to produce stable amount of juice, with numbers like 375W for 350W required i would not be surprised if that was the case and the vidoe card was underpowered and causing all kinds of issues and most likely lock ups

Last edited by bad-man (2008-10-06 18:33:03)

alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

No more 20FPS crap, but I still get the original stutter.
I had my 7600GT for a year and I didn't get this lag, so what would cause it all of a sudden...?
My computer has been unplugged a couple of times while it's been on, (don't ask why), would that cause it? (Dying PSU?)
But then, if my PSU is dying, why is it doing it on the Battlefield games? I also no longer artifact, reinstalling XP fixed it.

Updated original post with Specs.

I've dusted out computer and set fans to 100%, still same thing.

Last edited by alexbay13 (2008-10-07 09:31:50)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

Cheap PSUs degrade quickly.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard