alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

In BF2, I get some strange hiccups. Like, I've checked my FPS, and it remains the same when I get this kind of hiccuping. I can feel my game pause for the smallest amount possible... it's enough that after a while it starts being noticed and annoying, and it affects my gameplay sometime, I get fucking distracted by it. (MY FPS DOES NOT DROP AT ALL WHEN I GET THIS STUTTER.) It's really hard to explain. Noticeable a lot when I'm walking/running forward. (Played on server with 35 ping, still the same thing.)(Tried singleplayer, still the same thing.)

Manufacturer:      Dell XPS 400
Processor:     Prescott Intel Pentium 4 540 3.20GHz HyperThreading
Memory:             2GB Kingston DDR2 667Mhz - Dual Channel (RMA'd the RAM, still has the lag.)
Hard Drive:     Western Digital 250 GB
Video Card:     EVGA GeForce 8600GT (Previously 7600GT, replacing to 8600GT didn't fix issue.)
Monitor:             Dell E193FP
Sound Card:     Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit (Tried Integrated, same business.)
Speakers/Headphones:     Dell A225
Keyboard:     Dell RT7D50
Mouse:             Logitech MX 600 Wireless
Mouse Surface:     Mousepad
Operating System:     Windows XP Home SP3
Motherboard:     Intel 945P
Computer Case:     XPS 400

My computer has been able to run this game over 50FPS, max, 4AA, so don't f-ing tell me that I should run it on low, because I get this hiccuping on low too. I've tried disabling Page File, which made no difference. Latest drivers, already tried deleting shader caches. Running out of ideas here, if anyone can help, I would highly appreciate it.

Last edited by alexbay13 (2008-10-07 09:28:39)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6619|UK
Something could be overheating. Got any temperature monitoring tools?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6445|The Twilight Zone

liquidat0r wrote:

Something could be overheating. Got any temperature monitoring tools?
I think FPS would drop in that case.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

No, 7600GT temps are no more than 70C, don't know about processor, doesn't have a temp. detector in it, and HDD is about 30-36C. I'll try what .Sup said, to delete Battlefield 2 from My Documents.
.Sup
be nice

alexbay13 wrote:

No, 7600GT temps are no more than 70C, don't know about processor, doesn't have a temp. detector in it, and HDD is about 30-36C. I'll try what .Sup said, to delete Battlefield 2 from My Documents.
Its always good to be known with your CPU temps (all temps for that matter).

You should DLoad Real temp for your CPU temps
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

https://i38.tinypic.com/1zggpzq.jpg

Last edited by alexbay13 (2008-08-22 14:08:47)

.Sup
be nice
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

Me and .Sup have come to the conclusion that I can't view my temps due to my mobo being Dell. (Highly limited.)
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

Played some CSS fine, no lag, no hiccups. Still yet to try deleting BF2 folder in My Docs.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6189|Winland

Could just be running out of RAM. Close all apps in task manager, until there's aroun 25 left before you start BF2.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Could just be running out of RAM. Close all apps in task manager, until there's aroun 25 left before you start BF2.
Nope, I checked memory total usage while playing BF2, ~1GB, that leaves about another 1GB left. Also, there is no hard drive accessing when I get this lag.
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

Did some cleaning up, and some extra defragging, deleted my BF2 folder in My Docs, I didn't notice the hitches, will play more later and pay attention.
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

Re-seating RAM and 7600GT did nothing, lag just keeps piling up. I'm going to reformat.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

alexbay13 wrote:

Re-seating RAM and 7600GT did nothing, lag just keeps piling up. I'm going to reformat.
Run BF2 without xfire running on the background.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

2142 worked fine, didn't notice the lag there either. Will try what you said. Strange isn't it?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

alexbay13 wrote:

2142 worked fine, didn't notice the lag there either. Will try what you said. Strange isn't it?
Yep, xfire sometimes conflicts with games and causes problems just like you described. I have had that in multiple games.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

Didn't work, still experienced the lag. I didn't mention this, but the sound *doesn't* stutter at all. FPS is fine, but it feels like someone pauses it for like .001th of a second, and resumes it instantly.
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

All Low, 800x600, still gives me the same thing.
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

Reformat did nothing. Lag is still persistent. Hardware problem, seems like it. Can't wait to get a new build...
aimless
+166|6117|Texas
Update pb?
bf2gammer
+14|6212
it could be the server taking punkbuster screen shots. Punkbuster "Evenbalance" Raised the max punkbuster screen shot to like 1024 by 768 which means increased files sizes. The server i admin on reduced the size because every time it took a screen shot it would lag "hiccup" your PC.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

If you do update punkbuster do it manually using the pb tool you can download from their website.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Monkey_Business
Banned
+23|5741

alexbay13 wrote:

In BF2, I get some strange hiccups. Like, I've checked my FPS, and it remains the same when I get this kind of hiccuping. I can feel my game pause for the smallest amount possible... it's enough that after a while it starts being noticed and annoying, and it affects my gameplay sometime, I get fucking distracted by it. (MY FPS DOES NOT DROP AT ALL WHEN I GET THIS STUTTER.) It's really hard to explain. Noticeable a lot when I'm walking/running forward. (Played on server with 35 ping, still the same thing.)(Tried singleplayer, still the same thing.)

Manufacturer:      Dell XPS 400
Processor:     Prescott Intel Pentium 4 540 3.20GHz HyperThreading
Memory:             2GB Kingston DDR2 667Mhz - Dual Channel
Hard Drive:     Western Digital 250 GB
Video Card:     EVGA GeForce 7600GT
Monitor:             Dell E193FP
Sound Card:     Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit
Speakers/Headphones:     Dell A225
Keyboard:     Dell RT7D50
Mouse:             Logitech MX 600 Wireless
Mouse Surface:     Mousepad
Operating System:     Windows XP Home SP3
Motherboard:     Intel 945P
Computer Case:     XPS 400

My computer has been able to run this game over 50FPS, max, 4AA, so don't fucking tell me that I should run it on low, because I get this hiccuping on low too. I've tried disabling Page File, which made no difference. Latest drivers, already tried deleting shader caches. Running out of ideas here, if anyone can help, I would highly appreciate it.
I believe that I have experienced this problem too. I have a computer with lesser, but similiar performance to yours. I have a DSL connection too. Sometimes during gameplay the screen suddenly freezes, sometimes for as long as five seconds, and then it unfreezes and I can continue playing again. It happens about 50 times per game. I can't count how many times it has caused me to die or crash while in a plane/helicopter. It's really annoying. Should I try calling EA's tech support line? My ping is usually around 30-60, so I don't think lag is an issue. Could it be a hardware issue? I am running on the following specs.

* Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
* 1024 MB RAM
* ATI Radeon X-800 PRO 256 MB
* Soundblaster Audigy 2
* Windows XP Professional
* 160 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
.Sup
be nice
Download HDD health and check your HDD for errors.
http://www.panterasoft.com/download.html
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5896|CA

Monkey_Business wrote:

I believe that I have experienced this problem too. I have a computer with lesser, but similiar performance to yours. I have a DSL connection too. Sometimes during gameplay the screen suddenly freezes, sometimes for as long as five seconds, and then it unfreezes and I can continue playing again. It happens about 50 times per game. I can't count how many times it has caused me to die or crash while in a plane/helicopter. It's really annoying. Should I try calling EA's tech support line? My ping is usually around 30-60, so I don't think lag is an issue. Could it be a hardware issue? I am running on the following specs.

* Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
* 1024 MB RAM
* ATI Radeon X-800 PRO 256 MB
* Soundblaster Audigy 2
* Windows XP Professional
* 160 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Are you on wireless?  When I use to play on my lappy (w/ wireless) I'd get terrible lag spikes, I couldn't fly a jet without connection errors.  Ever since I've played w/ direct plug-in, I barely ever get these issues.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard