+394|6509|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6851|Grapevine, TX
wash your hands, keyboards, mice, phones & teeth from time to time
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

I sure am glad they got that sorted out quickly.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6416|The Gem Saloon

Kmarion wrote:

I sure am glad they got that sorted out quickly.
i wasnt worried man, i knew they were on top of it the whole time
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6685|USA
marijuana research set alot of things back....
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6697|Canberra, AUS
I hope so, because at current viruses are incurable.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6551|Global Command

Spark wrote:

what?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6433|'Murka

ATG wrote:

Spark wrote:

what?
He's right. Doctors let viruses "run their course" by treating symptoms (vice causes) because there is no viral equivalent of antibiotics.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6175|what

Doctors should stop prescribing anti-biotics for everyone who comes in with the flu, because it's feared eventually you'll develop a strain that is resistant.

But the 1918 pandemic was caused in part by the atrocious conditions the soldiers were fighting in during the first world war.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FEOS
+1,182|6433|'Murka

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Doctors should stop prescribing anti-biotics for everyone who comes in with the flu, because it's feared eventually you'll develop a strain that is resistant.

But the 1918 pandemic was caused in part by the atrocious conditions the soldiers were fighting in during the first world war.
If they prescribe antibiotics for the flu, they should have their medical license reviewed or suspended. The flu is caused by a virus, so antibiotics wouldn't do anything at all.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Raga86
+6|6508
Not totally true, vaccines work on some virus and there are anti-viral drugs out that works fairly well. HAART treatment vs HIV is an example of this, making it possible to live with the HIV. However I agree, we have no "kill all baddies, instantly" drug like antibiotics were before resistance came into the picture.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6245|Brisneyland

Raga86 wrote:

Not totally true, vaccines work on some virus and there are anti-viral drugs out that works fairly well. HAART treatment vs HIV is an example of this, making it possible to live with the HIV. However I agree, we have no "kill all baddies, instantly" drug like antibiotics were before resistance came into the picture.
Basically sums it up. Russia has found a very interesting way to treat resistant bacteria by using macrophages. Tends to by pass resistant bacteria all together. source
FEOS
+1,182|6433|'Murka

Raga86 wrote:

My point being that antibiotics don't work on viruses.
― Albert Einstein

Raga86
+6|6508
I know FEOS, I was referring to this:

Spark wrote:

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6672
Bacteria fingered?

Who would want to finger bacteria....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard