Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng
"Poland is making itself a target for attack. Such targets are destroyed as a first priority." - General Nogovitsyn, Russian Army General.

What do you think of this/what will come of it?

If they did attack Poland, it would be a whole lot more serious than South Ossetia, Poland being in the EU and all that.
#rekt
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
If they invade Poland im pretty sure that would be the same as declaring war with Europe.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6295|New Haven, CT
Attacking Poland would be an incredibly myopic move on the part of Putin.

Edit: I just realized the Russians would either have to go through or over Ukraine or Belarus. Do these not present a problem, since they are so close to Russia?

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-08-16 03:30:30)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England

nukchebi0 wrote:

Attacking Poland would be an incredibly myopic move on the part of Putin.

Edit: I just realized the Russians would either have to go through or over Ukraine or Belarus. Do these not present a problem, since they are so close to Russia?
The NATO countries that border Russia are: Norway, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Poland does still border Russia though, It borders the Russian Kaliningrad Exclave

According to wiki K-grad is also the most Militarised area in Russia Europe (quite obvious when you look at the fact that it's surrounded by NATO)

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-08-16 03:43:15)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6295|New Haven, CT
It probably is the most militarized area in Russia, too.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6382|'Murka

Vilham wrote:

If they invade Poland im pretty sure that would be the same as declaring war with Europe NATO.
Fixed.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6295|New Haven, CT

FEOS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

If they invade Poland im pretty sure that it would be the same as declaring war on with Europe NATO.
Fixed.
Fixed.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

Why doesn't Poland make a deal with Russia instead of the United States?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
More sword rattling, my views are already posted in previous posts on this matter.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6295|New Haven, CT
They are in NATO, which I don't think Russia likes.
Commie Killer
+192|6358

Kmarion wrote:

Because Russia doesnt have anything the Polish want. No advantages.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

Commie Killer wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Russia have shitloads of oils and gas...that kind of stuff comes in handy when the rest of the world's supplies are running out.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Russia put a missile "shield" in Greenland or something.
Commie Killer
+192|6358

Braddock wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Russia have shitloads of oils and gas...that kind of stuff comes in handy when the rest of the world's supplies are running out.
The Oil card and the Invasion card are nice to hold over someones head, but when someone else has a Economy and a Defense card you tend to choose that, I know I would considering there are other places to get oil.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard