usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

All the Georgia/Russia threads have been about the US for the most part.  Just for a second, lets talk about Europe.  What would happen if Russia attacked Poland with air strikes or something like that?  That would be the start of a WW imo.

---------------------

"tensions rose after a top Russian general warned that Poland had exposed itself to attack by striking a missile defense deal with the United States."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26216434/
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
Indeed...  I feel sorry for Poland.  They always end up being the battleground of major wars.

Russia would have to be pretty stupid to attack them though.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6490|Gogledd Cymru

No one lives in Poland anymore, they're all in the UK.
cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.

The Sheriff wrote:

No one lives in Poland anymore
Poland - Population: 0
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina
What about "Can I still use your gas"?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
yep would be WW
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Turquoise wrote:

Russia would have to be pretty stupid to attack them.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6673|Colorado
I don't think it would happen but if it did the shit storm would cover us all.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ

usmarine wrote:

All the Georgia/Russia threads have been about the US for the most part.  Just for a second, lets talk about Europe.  What would happen if Russia attacked Poland with air strikes or something like that?  That would be the start of a WW imo.

---------------------

"tensions rose after a top Russian general warned that Poland had exposed itself to attack by striking a missile defense deal with the United States."

they shouldn't have gone through with the deal, despite the pressure from the US

if an attack were to be carried out, and of course the consequent war, (none of which is going to happen rly but anyway) Poland will just have to face the consequences of their disproportionate bending over for the west.
ƒ³
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

oug wrote:

Poland will just have to face the consequences of their disproportionate bending over for the west.
interesting.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6184|Ireland

usmarine wrote:

oug wrote:

Poland will just have to face the consequences of their disproportionate bending over for the west.
interesting.
by interesting I assume you mean stupid.
Commie Killer
+192|6387
Its not like were begging these countries to join NATO...
Turquoise
O Canada

oug wrote:

usmarine wrote:

---------------------

they shouldn't have gone through with the deal, despite the pressure from the US

if an attack were to be carried out, and of course the consequent war, (none of which is going to happen rly but anyway) Poland will just have to face the consequences of their disproportionate bending over for the west.
Bending over for the West is a lot less painful than bending over for the Russians.  Of course, as you implied, they'll probably get bent over by the Russians because we all know how they operate.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

IMO Russia is trying to show the former Soviet Nations that an alliance with U.S. mean fuckle. There is not nothing Poland and U.S. can actually do.

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-08-15 18:45:28)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6550|CH/BR - in UK

Roc18 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I think this pretty much sums it up. I don't know why they'd attack them - there is no real reason. I think many people are reacting out of proportion to Russia's... what I think of as a defence. Their people were killed. South Ossetia was bombed. You simply don't do that. Just because the USA is on your side, doesn't give you an excuse of acting like an international asshole.

-kon
Turquoise
O Canada

jsnipy wrote:

IMO Russia is trying to show the former Soviet Nations that an alliance with U.S. mean fuckle. There is not nothing Poland and U.S. can actually do.
I disagree.  The missile defense shield is the best thing we can do.  If anything, we need to establish a military presence in all of the former Soviet republics in order to keep Russia from pulling anymore crazy shit like they did with Georgia.  If we make it known that when they fuck with these countries they fuck directly with us, they'll either back off some, or they'll find out just how much more powerful we are than they are.  They seem to have forgotten that we have a lot more nukes than they have and have a much more powerful military than them --- even when we're tied down in Iraq.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Turquoise wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

I disagree.  The missile defense shield is the best thing we can do.  If anything, we need to establish a military presence in all of the former Soviet republics in order to keep Russia from pulling anymore crazy shit like they did with Georgia.  If we make it known that when they fuck with these countries they fuck directly with us, they'll either back off some, or they'll find out just how much more powerful we are than they are.  They seem to have forgotten that we have a lot more nukes than they have and have a much more powerful military than them --- even when we're tied down in Iraq.
In long term speak I agree, but if Russia sent the same presence they sent to Georgia into Poland right this second, how do you think it would play out? It is in this case I don't think we really have a response.
Turquoise
O Canada

jsnipy wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

In long term speak I agree, but if Russia sent the same presence they sent to Georgia into Poland right this second, how do you think it would play out? It is in this case I don't think we really have a response.
...I agree, but this is why we should get some troops over there as soon as we can.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Lotta_Drool wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oug wrote:

interesting.
by interesting I assume you mean stupid.
yup
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Poland should respond with overwhelming force. Now that they've got a radar station and ten missiles nothing can stop them.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Kmarion wrote:

Poland should respond with overwhelming force. Now that they've got a radar station and ten missiles nothing can stop them.
well, and nato right?
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6512|Gold Coast
I think MAD should take care of itself. If it doesnt, well, I can say that Id like to move to some place nice, away from the shitstorm.
Dont forget, its only some General talking about what can happen, not will happen.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
where is David.P he needs to state his opinion for his countrymen
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6530|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia
Well we all saw what happens the LAST time someone invaded Poland. Maybe we should use that as as precedent?
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6627|Canada

konfusion wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I think this pretty much sums it up. I don't know why they'd attack them - there is no real reason. I think many people are reacting out of proportion to Russia's... what I think of as a defence. Their people were killed. South Ossetia was bombed. You simply don't do that. Just because the USA is on your side, doesn't give you an excuse of acting like an international asshole.

-kon
yeah, but they didnt just defend. they opened up new fronts outside of south ossetia. that is attacking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard