too_money2007
+145|6309|Keller, Tx
http://www.click2houston.com/news/17198377/detail.html

HOUSTON -- A 3-year-old boy who died when he was left inside a pickup truck tried to save himself from the sweltering heat, detectives told KPRC Local 2.

"The child was aware," said Lt. John Denholm of the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "He was trying to get out, trying to survive."

Cameron Thomas Boone, 3, fought for his life inside a sweltering pickup truck in the parking lot of North Cypress Medical Center on Thursday.

Investigators said Boone got out of his car seat, found an extra key and tried to put it in the ignition.

"It's like he was trying to put a window down or open a door but was unable to," said Denholm.

Detectives said Cameron's mother was supposed to drop off her son at day care around 6 a.m., before heading to work at the hospital, but forgot.

"She just has to be distraught right now," said a hospital employee who did not want to be named.

Fellow employees said Boone's mother works as an operating room technician. They were shocked the incident happened just outside a hospital.

"How could somebody do that? How could you forget your son inside a truck?" said one employee.

Detectives said the mother arrived at work at 6:30 a.m. and did not realize her son was in the truck until her shift was over at 3:30 p.m.

"Her clicker wouldn't work," said Denholm. "She goes to check, why not; there's her son."

He was in the front seat, where he apparently tried to get out. When the mother found him and could not get in, she smashed the back window and rushed him into the emergency room, but it was too late. Detectives said he likely died several hours earlier.

Detectives said temperatures can reach 150 degrees inside a vehicle in less than 30 minutes.

The Harris County District Attorney's Office will determine if Boone's mother will face any charges.
This shit is so fucking inexusable. Seriously, how the fucking fuck do you forget your fucking child in the backseat of your truck? You pull up to work and I'm sure you'd have to look around your vehicle before exiting and seeing your child still in his carseat, it might dawn on you not to leave him there.

This woman should be fucking gang raped by monkeys until she dies. Someone should put her in a metal box in the desert of Arizona until she dies like her child did.

Being a father now, these stories fucking KILL ME!!! There absolutely NO REASON FOR THESE INCIDENTS TO KEEP HAPPENING. What's worse is the child tried to get himself out, but couldn't. This breaks my heart.

I'm so pissed reading this shit right now, its not even funny.

Fuck that cunt.

Last edited by too_money2007 (2008-08-15 09:45:52)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

How could you leave your child like that?

A prison sentence would not be against my recommendation of what she deserves.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
How can people be so stupid!?!?! I mean its YOUR fucking child that you have in YOUR car...there is no way you cant forget him unless your high on something or not all there in your head.

Damn.

@Aussie:  See man i would more be for letting her in the communauty but having a way to remember her EACH fucking days of her life how she let her baby die because she was a stupid cunt.

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2008-08-15 09:54:39)

Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho
As terrible and inexcusable as this is, I don't think this women did this on purpose, or is a negligent parent. I simply think she was a distracted, busy women, who was in a rush to get to her job, and did not see her son as she left.

Now, this does not excuse what she did. She made a horrible mistake that was easily avoidable. But seriously, I think losing her son is punishment enough, along with the fact that she's going to have to live with the fact that she was basically his cause of death, all her life.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Humans are flawed, stupid and ignorant. This is the world. Shit happens. It's inexcusable, but it will still happen.

The woman should be put in prison for the rest of her life. "Will determine if she faces any charges"? What the fuck is that? That just means she will get off with what? 3 years? She killed her son because she was too stupid to realise he was still there, that is murder in my eyes. Stupid people like that shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6439

Bulldogz wrote:

As terrible and inexcusable as this is, I don't think this women did this on purpose, or is a negligent parent. I simply think she was a distracted, busy women, who was in a rush to get to her job, and did not see her son as she left.

Now, this does not excuse what she did. She made a horrible mistake that was easily avoidable. But seriously, I think losing her son is punishment enough, along with the fact that she's going to have to live with the fact that she was basically his cause of death, all her life.
too_money2007
+145|6309|Keller, Tx
Her husband should be legally allowed to bludgeon her to death.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

too_money2007 wrote:

Her husband should be legally allowed to bludgeon her to death.
I like this idea...
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6180
I have a daughter of this age and I just cant see how this can happen. For me it would just be impossible. Every where I go, she goes with me and the first thing I do is get my daughter out of the car. I run my own business and still can not see how being busy could allow someone to forget their own children....it is just mind boggling....its as if they let it happen...it happens more than we know and honestly, I believe some are on purpose.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
Obviously, there are no busy distracted parents here.

My wife is an awesome dedicated mother. Last year she went to the grocery store and forgot my daughter in the car.
A child will not die after ten minutes in a car, but she still was devastated that she forgot.

The firetrucks and police cars awaiting her when she came out left a lasting impression. Child protective services filed a incident report. It is serious shit.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6184|Ireland

ATG wrote:

My wife is an awesome dedicated mother. Last year she went to the grocery store and forgot my daughter in the car.
A child will not die after ten minutes in a car, but she still was devastated that she forgot.

The firetrucks and police cars awaiting her when she came out left a lasting impression. Child protective services filed a incident report. It is serious shit.
I agree 100%, I too have been distracted due to daily pressures and forgot to pick up my son from school when I told my wife I would.  It is not that you love your kid any less than the next person, it is just a severe mental lapse like putting your cell phone in the fridge or something.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5996
Agree with ATG; I've probably been forgot to be picked up by my parents maybe 2 times in my life. A lot of it has to do with stress, lots of parents are stressed and things just leave their mind, he could of well been sleeping and she may have been a little late, maybe he had a blanket over him which could have reduced the chances of noticing even more. It's just a shame that it had such a nasty outcome. And I'm not too sure what putting her in prison will do, she didn't do it on purpose and it sure as hell wasn't what she wanted - forgetting stuff isn't a crime, it's a flaw of the mind to not have a system of constant reminding. If anything she should be in a home.

And @ Lotta_Drool, I can't tell you how many times I've but the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard.
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
HE WAS IN THE FRONT SEAT. How did she not see him before exiting the car after driving with the boy next to her to work?
liquix
+51|6454|Peoples Republic of Portland
What should we do? Kill her? I say its horrible, and nobody feels worse about it than her; so let her grieve and hate herself in peace. It's not like kids don't get hurt or killed every day by parental failures. It sucks, but leave it alone, it's really none of your business.

Besides, you could always attack the auto manufacturers for making the cars get too hot inside.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)
:'(
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6366|California
That's why your kids have to bother you on the road, SO YOU KNOW THEY ARE THERE.
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

liquix wrote:

Kill her?
That's all I read.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6230|NSW, Australia

Hakei wrote:

And @ Lotta_Drool, I can't tell you how many times I've but the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard.
lol me too. or my dirty dishes in the washing basket, or my washing in the fridge or me walking into the laundry to take a piss then i get there in front of the washing machine and im like...wtf, i dont even know how to use the washing machine.

its odd because ive lived here my whole life, nearly 19 years and i still do weird shit like that
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I can't imagine the guilt she will live with for rest of her life.  That's likely punishment enough.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

ATG wrote:

Clearly.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6343|California
Can we please rip out her ovaries, uterus, and sentence her to life in solitary confinement? Please? I would find a comfort in the fact one less incompetent parent and person out in the world.

Forgetting to pick up your child is not barely close to leaving you're child in a situation like leaving them in the car. Leaving them in the car in almost always seriously life threatening as many statistics will show you. If you are incompetent enough to not realize your fucking child right fucking next to you in the next fucking seat making noises, you don't deserve to have a child, or free will to do as such.

Being under some stress is not anywhere near excusable for something like this. Especially not for something like this. Everyone goes through the same things, or at least many have been through it before, so not one person should think what their going through is anything excusable for a horror such as what happened in this story. Want a comparison??? That's like if you got drunk (or drank alcohol), drove home, crashed into someone killing them and claiming you did it because you were 'stressed' and that's why you drank and then drove home.

EDIT:

Spark wrote:

ATG wrote:

Clearly.
Being busy and distracted is no, absolutely no, excuse for an action like this. Children are an immense responsibility, as I'm sure you know, and if you are incompetent enough to not be able to handle it, then you shouldn't be allowed the right.

Also, as someone brought up earlier, in some cases a child can die in 15-20 minutes in a closed car

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2008-08-16 02:35:14)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647
It can be called inexcusable and yet understandable.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6343|California
Imho, it's very un-understandable.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
Being busy and distracted is no, absolutely no, excuse for an action like this. Children are an immense responsibility, as I'm sure you know, and if you are incompetent enough to not be able to handle it, then you shouldn't be allowed the right.
I don't think I would care to be dictated to by anyone, much less you, on how children ought to be raised. Suggestions, fine. But don't blast me with your almighty ego.

This goes to anyone else who reckons they can dictate what people can and can't do.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Its Darwinism, rednecks are too dumb to be allowed to breed.
If they are Darwin gets them.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard