+22|5898
noobs
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

No, it would be the exact opposite.  It'd be like an 8 yr old beating the shit out of you, and then you saying because the age limit is 9, that he cheated.  At least IMO
The benefits of an age advantage was my point. In Gymnastics yes, it is the opposite.

And I'm absolutely sure that if the rest of the world had 14yr olds that could hang, they would have been in the Olympics.
What makes you so sure, absolutely?
Ok maybe absolutely is an overshot, but for example every country slides ppl in and out of citizenship specifically for the olympics.  When so much civic pride is on the line, I never think cheating is out of the question...
I agree there. You could point to the numerous cases of steroid abuse to see that.

One of China's Olympic medalist (Yang Yun) admitted to being underage after the 2000 Olympics. Again, arguing this stuff once the medals have been passed out ..pfft whatever.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina
Is anyone really surprised?  If there's one thing China is known for, it's child labor. 
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Is anyone really surprised?  If there's one thing China is known for, it's child labor. 
Olympic failure = sweatshop.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Olympic failure = sweatshop.
Well, flexibility does help in reaching around machinery...  lol
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6166
Americans are such sore loosers.  You lost to a bunch of kids.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

its about rules.  break the rules and you do not deserve the medal.  hence why people who used roids got stripped of their medals.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
The only bad thing to come from young Asians is I don't know whether to look at their asses and legs or whether that's fucking sick.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

jord wrote:

The only bad thing to come from young Asians is I don't know whether to look at their asses and legs or whether that's fucking sick.
It is, they're children. Don't let the make up fool you.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
oChaos.Haze
+90|6437

usmarine wrote:

its about rules.  break the rules and you do not deserve the medal.  hence why people who used roids got stripped of their medals.
Excuse me but since when have the Olympics, or sports in general EVER been about rules.  It's about winning, always has been, always will be.  So if baseball made a rule that you have to wear cleats, but someone didn't, to an OBVIOUS disadvantage, would you care?
jord

Kmarion wrote:

jord wrote:

Them ones are, but throughout the Olympics and all the pics that are posted you can't know. They're 20 year olds like 15 year olds.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

jord wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

jord wrote:

Them ones are, but throughout the Olympics and all the pics that are posted you can't know. They're 20 year olds like 15 year olds.
"... why don't you have a seat over there".
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

oChaos.Haze wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Excuse me but since when have the Olympics, or sports in general EVER been about rules.  It's about winning, always has been, always will be.  So if baseball made a rule that you have to wear cleats, but someone didn't, to an OBVIOUS disadvantage, would you care?
what?

i was talking about age and roids, not cleats.  you can play what if all you want, i will stick to the RULES.  and what do you mean since when?  were you paying attention any all to the olympics, or are you just trolling?  if you were, you would know like six russian athletes were not allowed to compete because the tested positive for a banned substance, and thats just one case.
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

jord wrote:

13 and older is legal in South Korea...  hmmm...  14 is legal in China... 

https://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/chris-hansen.jpg
jord

Kmarion wrote:

jord wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

What? Asians look younger than they are...

I'm referring to all athletes not just the thread ones.
Turquoise
O Canada

jord wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

jord wrote:

What? Asians look younger than they are...

I'm referring to all athletes not just the thread ones.
Agreed...  East Asians do tend to look younger than they really are.  I can't say the same for most South Asians though....
oChaos.Haze
+90|6437

usmarine wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

usmarine wrote:

what?

i was talking about age and roids, not cleats.  you can play what if all you want, i will stick to the RULES.  and what do you mean since when?  were you paying attention any all to the olympics, or are you just trolling?  if you were, you would know like six russian athletes were not allowed to compete because the tested positive for a banned substance, and thats just one case.
Oh so age and roids are similar?  I never understand how you have such a hard time dealing with concepts such as analogies and metaphors.  My point was that the rules can be pointless, and breaking them might give you a disadvantage, but I guess you didn't get that.  Any other brain busters?

Oh so the 6 athletes that weren't allowed to compete makes up for the hundreds that have competed and cheated?  Nice logic.  Sorry my fault, the Olympics are pure and no one who's in them cheats...

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-08-14 15:43:38)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

oChaos.Haze wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

what?

Oh so age and roids are similar?  I never understand how you have such a hard time dealing with concepts such as analogies and metaphors.  My point was that the rules can be pointless, and breaking them might give you a disadvantage, but I guess you didn't get that.  Any other brain busters?
are they rules yes or no?   you think age is a pointless rule?  can you answer without being such a fucking asshole?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK

usmarine wrote:

Carl Lewis was caught doing roids plenty of times, nothing happend to him.  Read it in the Times when i was having a log yesterday.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

m3thod wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Carl Lewis was caught doing roids plenty of times, nothing happend to him.  Read it in the Times when i was having a log yesterday.
well it should.  seems its only enforced during the modern era.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6437
Being UNDERage, is a pointless rule,yes.  If the Olympics are so pure and about being the best athlete, then why would you not permit someone to compete for being too YOUNG?  I don't mean to come off as an asshole but dear lord, I just don't see how being disadvantaged could possibly be cheating...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Being UNDERage, is a pointless rule,yes.  If the Olympics are so pure and about being the best athlete, then why would you not permit someone to compete for being too YOUNG?  I don't mean to come off as an asshole but dear lord, I just don't see how being disadvantaged could possibly be cheating...
there has to be an advantage or they would not pluck them when there are 4 yrs old right?  I mean, you dont do shit that will hurt the outcome.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6437

usmarine wrote:

m3thod wrote:

usmarine wrote:

well it should.  seems its only enforced during the modern era.
It's only enforced when they get caught.  My dad is an Olympic drug tester.  When the Olympics come around, he leaves for almost half a year to test the athletes.   Trust me, the only way the games would really be fair is if they let EVERYONE juice.  There are ALWAYS dopers who are smarter and faster than the testers.  Every year, every game.  And the US tends to be really good at getting away with it.  How many US athletes have later admitted to doping, when the testers never knew?
oChaos.Haze
+90|6437

usmarine wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

there has to be an advantage or they would not pluck them when there are 4 yrs old right?  I mean, you dont do shit that will hurt the outcome.
You put your BEST athletes together to make the BEST team.  If a 14 yr old is your best, then I say by all means let them participate.

Dude I'm really sorry if I'm coming off like an asshole.  I will just never see any sense in not letting everyone who's not cheating thru superhuman methods, participate.  I mean if they are clean, let them play.  I cannot see the sense in saying someone is too young so they cheated.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-08-14 15:56:49)

jord

usmarine wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Actually GB put a 14 year old diver in the competitions and he was fucking shit. Nobber.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard