Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6453
I got like seven achievements when I first booted the game, mostly grinds like "kill 50 scouts with nastasha" but like someone said in-game, reboot the game and they're gone. So now I don't have the requirements for the milestone achievements, but I still have them.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Really?

When I started the game after the update it said I had the eat 100 sandwiches achievement and 5 second plan, but now they're both gone and I only have the ones I earned.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|6002|Perth, Australia
Well I officially hate Natascha.

Whilst i haven't used it yet, i have been playing quite a bit of scout and it leads to a rather catastrophic loss. The gun basically stops you if your jumping, at which point escape is hopeless. Killing Sascha wielding heavy's is infinitely more succesful. Or at least that's what i'm noticing.

Also, Badwater Basin + Spy = WIN = Steel + Scout.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6453
Same here but when I had those achievements, I got the milestones. Now that they're gone, I don't have the necessary achievements for the milestones, but I still have the milestone achievements.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6420|dm_maidenhead
https://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z227/petermassingale/TF2/arena_badlands0000.jpg
I killed every motherfucker.

Last edited by Peter (2008-08-20 09:09:34)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
Haha nice one .

Spies are even more annoying now in Arena (and I didn't think that was physically possible)- the gametype and map-designs are basically giveaway points for the pubhero Spies that run around hoovering up all the points. Also, I don't understand why they have crits enabled in an arena gametype. Come on! If you're going to have a 'serious' gametype with stricter rules, remove the random and arbitrary crit mechanic!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6453
Crits ruin the game? Well bugger me blind, this is new.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
Crits are alright in normal gametypes but in arena with no respawns it's a bit of a no-win. The gametype is supposed to be more 'skilled' and far more demanding on teamwork, cooperation and ability... but successful rushes and captures still boil down to random crit rockets or something of the like. In my opinion crits do have a place in this game but they're definitely unnecessary in Arena.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6453
I'll give you that. If there's one place where crits serve no purpose, it's a game mode that focuses on a more competitive edge.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Crits ruin the game? Well bugger me blind, this is new.
Well the 'problem' gets magnified about 100 times when everyone only had one life. The new server browser means though that you can find nocrit arena servers with no problems whatsoever .

I'm still happy to play on any though. Crits don't bother me.

Ok further thoughts on the update:

Still only 7 Heavy achievements D:
Badwater Basin seems very bland, directionless and doesn't feel at all like a Valve map.
Arena is a LOT of fun.
Arena servers need to start cycling through the maps more quickly. I was on one before that was doing arena_badlands for about 20 minutes. It should be 5 max.
Ravine and Lumberyard rock.
There never seem to be too many Heavies in Arena. In fact most of the time there don't seem to be enough.
We never got all the new Heavy speech that is hidden away in the foreign TF2 .GCF files .

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-08-20 10:44:06)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6556|Long Island, New York
I still haven't even played for like a month.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486

Uzique wrote:

Crits are alright in normal gametypes but in arena with no respawns it's a bit of a no-win. The gametype is supposed to be more 'skilled' and far more demanding on teamwork, cooperation and ability... but successful rushes and captures still boil down to random crit rockets or something of the like. In my opinion crits do have a place in this game but they're definitely unnecessary in Arena.
While I'm not disagreeing with you, the game is balanced taking critical attacks into consideration, and the removal of crits make weapons that get crits through a special way (Like the KGB, BackBurner and Kritzkrieg) over-powered, and that's why crits are on by default.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
All of those weapons have been added in updates and are non-essential, and their use is restricted on a lot of leagues and match-types.

So in consideration of arena as a 'serious' gametype I could still do without crits, quite frankly .
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6291

Poseidon wrote:

I still haven't even played for like a month.
same here pc fucxed
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6486

Uzique wrote:

All of those weapons have been added in updates and are non-essential, and their use is restricted on a lot of leagues and match-types.
But they're in the game...
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6291

kerry on msn wrote:

tell bf2s i said hi
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum
HI KERRY I MISS YOU BABE I STILL SUCK AT TF2 LOVE YOU LONGTIME
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Dustbowl + New Kritzkrieg + Noobest =
https://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2/Spidery_Yoda/cp_dustbowl0110.jpg

I got 28 assists in one life there.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-08-20 16:16:44)

dill13
+67|6212

Arena mode officially fails at least from what ive played no teamwork plus 5 spies not doing anything its retarded

Last edited by dill13 (2008-08-20 18:56:25)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489

dill13 wrote:

Arena mode officially fails at least from what ive played no teamwork plus 5 spies not doing anything its retarded
I don't quite understand how this was meant to work when you can't even choose your team.

Coordinating teamwork and cooperation between random strangers is never going to be easy .

It's almost as if Steam are saying to the community "Here's a gametype that you're going to HAVE to run PCW-match scripts on in order to make it work". Bah!
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6486

Uzique wrote:

dill13 wrote:

I don't quite understand how this was meant to work when you can't even choose your team.

Coordinating teamwork and cooperation between random strangers is never going to be easy .

It's almost as if Steam are saying to the community "Here's a gametype that you're going to HAVE to run PCW-match scripts on in order to make it work". Bah!
TeamStacking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard