BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6508|Latvia

Commie Killer wrote:

Not to be sterotypical but the many Russians have a deep hate for the Baltic countries, which is probably, possibly, why you see Russian soldiers volunteering to go fight there.
Yeah, they think we discriminate Russians here. We're the Nazis and so on..

Ottomania wrote:

georgian president is USA's puppet. Can you believe that a normal georgian president would declare war on huge Russia? That has been ordered by USA.
Bush: Invade Russia
Saakashvili: k, sir. But will u help us?
Bush: Maybe.
Saakashvili: thx
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6543|Istanbul-Turkey

SgtHeihn wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Well if you look at it that way, Your Government is our puppet also. So I guess you guys are going to be doing our dirty work.

Doesn't Turkey still have conscription? You better watch out!!
most of our goverments get along with usa but I dont think that wil drive ours crazy like atacking russia.
Kid, you need to stop trolling and popping in your US is the great satan bs.

RUSSIA ATTACKED THEM!!!!! What should they do? Well their stronger than us, so they can kick us around? Don't be fucking stupid, if someone is pushing you around you don't roll over and die.
georgia invaded south osetia first, and russia is a defender of south osetia. doesnt this look like georgia started conflict first?

Last edited by Ottomania (2008-08-10 02:05:17)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6508|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Ottomania wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

most of our goverments get along with usa but I dont think that wil drive ours crazy like atacking russia.

RUSSIA ATTACKED THEM!!!!! What should they do? Well their stronger than us, so they can kick us around? Don't be fucking stupid, if someone is pushing you around you don't roll over and die.
georgia invaded south osetia first, and russia is a defender of south osetia.
South Osetia was not a independent country, it belongs to Georgia. The Russians, want the territory for themselves.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6543|Istanbul-Turkey
georgia is against independence of osetia, thats why they started conflict. georgia did same one abhazya too. Thats why lots of volunteers joined russian side to fight against georgia.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6642|London, England

SgtHeihn wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

South Osetia was not a independent country, it belongs to Georgia. The Russians, want the territory for themselves.
Actually it's had de-facto independance since it had a civil war with Georgia in the 90's (around the breakup of the USSR)

Most Ossetians have Russian passports so when Georgians go and attack Ossetians they're attacking Russian citizens. Most Ossetians would rather have their own country or be autonomous under Russia than be with Georgia. I thought it was Russia aggression too before I read the facts.

I mean what's the difference between this and Kosovo. Kosovo tries to cede from Serbia, Serbia invades, NATO invades Serbia.

S.Ossetia cedes from Georgia, Georgia invades. Russia invades Georgia. Same shit. Except Ossetians are Russian citizens, and Russia actually borders the countries in question.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-08-10 02:13:29)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Ossetia

But all that means that they have a large resident alien population. I know that sounds cold but, from what it sounds like is that they didn't go about trying to declare their independence the right way.

Also it wouldn't be a independent nation, they want to annexed into Russia, it would kinda be like Scotland wanting to break away from England to join Ireland.

But I do see the argument of Russia going in to protect its "citizens"
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6508|Latvia

SgtHeihn wrote:

But all that means that they have a large resident alien population. I know that sounds cold but, from what it sounds like is that they didn't go about trying to declare their independence the right way.

Also it wouldn't be a independent nation, they want to annexed into Russia, it would kinda be like Scotland wanting to break away from England to join Ireland.

Well I hope they don't find no other Russians to protect somewhere here..
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

BALTINS wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Well I hope they don't find no other Russians to protect somewhere here..
No, you guys are in Europe proper, Russia won't fuck around their. From what I have been reading, It sound like Russian attack planes started this whole thing, not a Georgian invasion.
Sorcerer0513
+18|6564|Outer Space

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Actually it's had de-facto independance since it had a civil war with Georgia in the 90's (around the breakup of the USSR)

Most Ossetians have Russian passports so when Georgians go and attack Ossetians they're attacking Russian citizens. Most Ossetians would rather have their own country or be autonomous under Russia than be with Georgia. I thought it was Russia aggression too before I read the facts.
Facts? What facts? All I read was a bunch of he said/she said crap. Georgia says separatists attacked Georgian villages, so the army responded. Russians say Georgians plain and simple invaded. Where are the facts? Cos I don't see them, sorry.

And let's not go and look at Russia giving their passports to anyone that wanted in the past few years too closely, shall we? Because, sooner than you know, some conspiracy theorist may come along and accuse Russia of planning this for a long time... Like people accusing US of being behind this?

Just saying...
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6541|Πάϊ

usmarine wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Wouldn’t this constitute a war crime, if deliberate?  The Russians dropped bombs on the city of Gori today, killing civilians, while announcing that they had taken the capital of South Ossetia back from Georgia.

Everyone else is criticized for targeted strikes against militants who hide among civilians. Shouldn't the same apply here?
you know better then that Kerry.  when the US does it, threads pop up like florida thunder storms.  people are media sheep and are so obsessed with the US thats all they know.  so when stuff like this happens, they are not prepared.  they have to wait until class on monday so their professors can feed them some bollocks.
Kman, this would indeed constitute a war crime. Marine, wtf are you blathering about?

And to all of you who say that Georgia started this, nobody can be sure atm, but always bear in mind that the weak never start anything. In this case, if indeed Georgia started it, they must have made damn sure someone powerful has got their back. And until the latter is proven, I say Russia is to blame.
ƒ³
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6522|so randum
If russia blow that huge pipeline, the EU will go in.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
BVC
+325|6717
Could be that Russia is at fault, could be Georgia, could be both.  I'm just glad its on the other side of the world.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6653|Finland

Pubic wrote:

Could be that Russia is at fault, could be Georgia, could be both.  I'm just glad its on the other side of the world.
It'll be interesting to see how this conflict is reflected in Moscow - I'm travelling there in two weeks.

*prepares for hours of visa/passport controls*
I need around tree fiddy.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6312|Éire

oug wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Wouldn’t this constitute a war crime, if deliberate?  The Russians dropped bombs on the city of Gori today, killing civilians, while announcing that they had taken the capital of South Ossetia back from Georgia.

Everyone else is criticized for targeted strikes against militants who hide among civilians. Shouldn't the same apply here?
you know better then that Kerry.  when the US does it, threads pop up like florida thunder storms.  people are media sheep and are so obsessed with the US thats all they know.  so when stuff like this happens, they are not prepared.  they have to wait until class on monday so their professors can feed them some bollocks.
Kman, this would indeed constitute a war crime. Marine, wtf are you blathering about?

And to all of you who say that Georgia started this, nobody can be sure atm, but always bear in mind that the weak never start anything. In this case, if indeed Georgia started it, they must have made damn sure someone powerful has got their back. And until the latter is proven, I say Russia is to blame.
That would be a war crime but would that not mean Hiroshima and Nagasaki were two of the worst war crimes in the history of human conflict?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6541|Πάϊ

Braddock wrote:

That would be a war crime but would that not mean Hiroshima and Nagasaki were two of the worst war crimes in the history of human conflict?
yep, double standards ftl
ƒ³
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6693|UK

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

I mean what's the difference between this and Kosovo. Kosovo tries to cede from Serbia, Serbia invades, NATO invades Serbia.

S.Ossetia cedes from Georgia, Georgia invades. Russia invades Georgia. Same shit. Except Ossetians are Russian citizens, and Russia actually borders the countries in question.
I mean what's the difference between this and Kosovo. Kosovo tries to cede from Serbia, Serbia invades, Serbia slaughters Kosovo Albanians in mass genocide, NATO invades Serbia.  NATO whoops Serbia.  Kosovo gains independece.  No one gives a shit about Serbia.

I would conclude killing people en mass doesn't help your cause.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6603|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Everyone knows the Russians are a bunch of cunts, so no one expects any better of them.
It's not good, but it's no surprise.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6021|...
wonder what the ruskies are going to do against that.

probably just close the gas pipes leading to ukraine.
inane little opines
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6738
WW3 in the making...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6783

oug wrote:

Braddock wrote:

yep, double standards ftl
what the fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING about this topic?  WTF is wrong with you fucking idiots?  my god just STFU.  nagasaki?  jesus fucking christ.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6244|Escea

Ottomania wrote:

Damn russia blamed us for training and reinforcing georgian army in the past which they think encouraged georgia to declare war on Russia. hope russia wont cut our gas. we are high percently dependent to outside energy.

I think this is a game of usa to make russia busy while dealing with iran.

idiot georgian president btw.
Well Georgia is using these things

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otokar_Cobra
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6783

oug wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ya, ill make it simple for you then.

no "zomg where is the diplomacy"

and "zomg no UN mandate"

and "russia is war mongers who only want more oil'

blah blah blah

fucking get it now?
jord
+2,382|6700|The North, beyond the wall.

Commie Killer wrote:

Europe should do it, as it is their back yard, even if Georgia aint part of the EU. But someone has got to do something, not militarily, least hopefully not, but something that strikes home on the Russians.

First came the Rhineland, then came the Sudetenland, then came Czechoslovakia, and then came Poland and WWII.
No we shouldn't. Unlike saving Iraq or Afghanistan Russia is actually a proper force that would do some serious damage.

I'll pass on saving Georgia for now thanks.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6021|...
Russia has alot of control on oil/gas pipes leading to Europe. Ukraine and many other nations are dependant on Russia for all this kind of stuff. Coincidentifully Ossetia is the most rich place in the entire region, meaning the Russians will gain even more control over the oil/gas supplies. Putting pressure on them without hurting yourselves in the process is kind of problematic.

About saving Georgia's ass; I think we (EU) should try to pressurize Russia but whatever we do don't engage physically. They have, imo, no right to go in there. Ossetia isn't Kosovo, and I highly doubt it's solely about protecting russian citizens, it's for the stuff in the ground.

I don't think S-Ossetia has said it wants to be part of Russia anyway.
inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard