RastaBlasta
+9|5765

Parker wrote:

RastaBlasta wrote:

Parker wrote:

RastaBlasta wrote:

If you read the rest of the thread, you'd be able to work out my answer to that.
dont directly answer it, cause you know that you are wrong, and i will clearly point it out.
much like Uzique did....and then you just "we're done".
yep, thats defeat.
stick around, you are going to be fun
It was in my second post.

RastaBlasta wrote:

The athletes? Because it's their political decision too, imo. They've decided to support China by attending those games. They've effectively traded people's basic rights for their own shot at fame and fortune.
And I'm done with this. Anybody left is only here for the sake of an argument. It's been fun, really.

Edited typo. That was my quote, not Parkers

Last edited by RastaBlasta (2008-08-08 14:19:58)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489

.Sup wrote:

RastaBlasta wrote:

It's plain and simple: If enough people stop buying a company's products, they'll start take notice pretty quick.

It happened with McDonalds (a juggernaut) within the last few years.

And anybody whose bothered with lame personal attacks get nothing but a cos you're not even worth a snappy comeback.

Nobody's asking you to give a fuck about it, but why are you so offended that some people do?
Uzique defends China. I defend their inhabitants. As soon as you mention China you get bashed.
WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH.

Pointing out clear facts of economic-relations between the West and China (i.e. we couldn't survive without them nowadays) is not 'supporting China'. What is this, America in the grips of Red fever? Any comment that isn't devotedly in favour of aggressive capitalism and democratic freedom for all countries makes me a hardline Marxist? I don't have to be Pro-China to point out that boycotting a bunch of Western corporations such as Adidas, McDonalds and all the rest won't tickle the Chinese economy one bit. I don't have to be pro-China to say that the Olympic games is one big propaganda tool for the Chinese state to use in order to incite the feeling of great national pride and prosperity in its people. This is a basic observation on a political theory; Communism and other forms of near/absolute totalitarian political rule need propaganda and 'nationalism' / patriotism in order to keep the great majority subdued and on the right side. Anyone that's read basic-level stuff such as The Communist Manifesto grasps this... it doesn't mean I have a portrait of Chairman Mao above my bed that I salute every night before I go to bed.

We're through Rasta? You didn't even address any of my arguments... is that how feverently you support your Free Tibet argument? I'm all for the freedom of Tibet, but again I must say that boycotting or politically acting over the Olympic games achieves nothing. Not even the acknowledgement or recognition of the Chinese government. Let alone action. So the only acknowledgement you have of my posts in this thread is my 12-year old knowledge of ancient civilisation. Thanks for proving your intellectual infallibility. I do suggest you re-read my posts and consider what exactly either a) the boycott of Chinese product/export or b) the boycott of sponsor companies will achieve. As I've already mentioned, a total boycott of China is about as realistic as human colonisation of Pluto... all of our Western economies are reliant and in the back-pocket of huge industrial producers and labourers such as China, as well as in the wallets of huge investments from countries such as China, Japan and the Middle-East. We cannot afford to sustain our standard of living and economical growth without them on our side; and that is the realistic truth, that is why our governments continue to deal with them and continue to tolerate their morally and politically abhorrent decisions. Without China right now, we would be fucked. Simple. Plus, the concept of boycotting also implicates this concept of self-sufficiency. Forget it... most of the Western countries don't have the resources, the working-labouring segments of population or the willpower to turn around their culture and society to be self-sufficient. Globalisation has made us all lazy and seeking the most convenient option. Could our lifestyle, industry, economy and global place remain constant if we never ever took anything from China again? Of course not- they're the next world superpower that will rise in the next century or so, we have to be riding their profitable wave of industrialisation and economic expansion with them, not against the tide.

Your mentality and attitude towards this issue, and your approaches to being pro-Tibet really were summed up appropriately when I called you "self-aggrandizing". That's not a personal insult or putdown as such... I just think you put far too much value and self-worth into yourself and into the Western world. We're powerless in every sense when it comes to being activist on the Tibet situation; militarily, economically and influentially. China aren't some dirt-poor dustbowl in the middle of the Middle-East that we can walk over to and bully into going our way on an issue. Politicizing the Olympics is stupid, illogical and ultimately a waste of time and effort.

Now I hope you read this, I summarized all of my contentions and arguments nicely for you. I'm willing to elaborate on any points that you disagree with or don't understand my explanation of.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
jord
+2,382|6697|The North, beyond the wall.
As long as you picked up a few things about how much of an effect your boycott is going to have, today has been constructive.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6472|The Twilight Zone
Lets not make it about the OP. Express your disagreement with China if you'd like and thats it.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6556|Long Island, New York

Uzique wrote:

.Sup wrote:

RastaBlasta wrote:

It's plain and simple: If enough people stop buying a company's products, they'll start take notice pretty quick.

It happened with McDonalds (a juggernaut) within the last few years.

And anybody whose bothered with lame personal attacks get nothing but a cos you're not even worth a snappy comeback.

Nobody's asking you to give a fuck about it, but why are you so offended that some people do?
Uzique defends China. I defend their inhabitants. As soon as you mention China you get bashed.
WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH.

Pointing out clear facts of economic-relations between the West and China (i.e. we couldn't survive without them nowadays) is not 'supporting China'. What is this, America in the grips of Red fever? Any comment that isn't devotedly in favour of aggressive capitalism and democratic freedom for all countries makes me a hardline Marxist? I don't have to be Pro-China to point out that boycotting a bunch of Western corporations such as Adidas, McDonalds and all the rest won't tickle the Chinese economy one bit. I don't have to be pro-China to say that the Olympic games is one big propaganda tool for the Chinese state to use in order to incite the feeling of great national pride and prosperity in its people. This is a basic observation on a political theory; Communism and other forms of near/absolute totalitarian political rule need propaganda and 'nationalism' / patriotism in order to keep the great majority subdued and on the right side. Anyone that's read basic-level stuff such as The Communist Manifesto grasps this... it doesn't mean I have a portrait of Chairman Mao above my bed that I salute every night before I go to bed.

We're through Rasta? You didn't even address any of my arguments... is that how feverently you support your Free Tibet argument? I'm all for the freedom of Tibet, but again I must say that boycotting or politically acting over the Olympic games achieves nothing. Not even the acknowledgement or recognition of the Chinese government. Let alone action. So the only acknowledgement you have of my posts in this thread is my 12-year old knowledge of ancient civilisation. Thanks for proving your intellectual infallibility. I do suggest you re-read my posts and consider what exactly either a) the boycott of Chinese product/export or b) the boycott of sponsor companies will achieve. As I've already mentioned, a total boycott of China is about as realistic as human colonisation of Pluto... all of our Western economies are reliant and in the back-pocket of huge industrial producers and labourers such as China, as well as in the wallets of huge investments from countries such as China, Japan and the Middle-East. We cannot afford to sustain our standard of living and economical growth without them on our side; and that is the realistic truth, that is why our governments continue to deal with them and continue to tolerate their morally and politically abhorrent decisions. Without China right now, we would be fucked. Simple. Plus, the concept of boycotting also implicates this concept of self-sufficiency. Forget it... most of the Western countries don't have the resources, the working-labouring segments of population or the willpower to turn around their culture and society to be self-sufficient. Globalisation has made us all lazy and seeking the most convenient option. Could our lifestyle, industry, economy and global place remain constant if we never ever took anything from China again? Of course not- they're the next world superpower that will rise in the next century or so, we have to be riding their profitable wave of industrialisation and economic expansion with them, not against the tide.

Your mentality and attitude towards this issue, and your approaches to being pro-Tibet really were summed up appropriately when I called you "self-aggrandizing". That's not a personal insult or putdown as such... I just think you put far too much value and self-worth into yourself and into the Western world. We're powerless in every sense when it comes to being activist on the Tibet situation; militarily, economically and influentially. China aren't some dirt-poor dustbowl in the middle of the Middle-East that we can walk over to and bully into going our way on an issue. Politicizing the Olympics is stupid, illogical and ultimately a waste of time and effort.

Now I hope you read this, I summarized all of my contentions and arguments nicely for you. I'm willing to elaborate on any points that you disagree with or don't understand my explanation of.
I think eaglecorps put it best when he said:

"that wall of text would stop a tank"
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6018|...
I don't like China but ffs why should you boycott the olympics for it.

Besides it's not going to change anything, only going to make them really, really angry. There's little logic in this whole idea.
inane little opines
jord

Poseidon wrote:

Uzique wrote:

.Sup wrote:

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH.

I think eaglecorps put it best when he said:

"that wall of text would stop a tank"
I said that...

Goddam I swear bf2s is tryna get rid of me.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Parker wrote:

why are jewish people always worried about money?
because we've actually got it

sorry if you don't

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

Poseidon wrote:

Parker wrote:

sorry if you don't

Shuttuppa yo face!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

stryyker wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Parker wrote:

sorry if you don't

Shuttuppa yo face!
Boppada boopy? Bippada boopedy boopedy bippy boopa boppa?

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6413|The Gem Saloon

RastaBlasta wrote:

The athletes? Because it's their political decision too, imo.
they are athletes. they arent politically motivated, they are athletes. they are there to compete at what they do best.

RastaBlasta wrote:

They've decided to support China by attending those games.
really? i would think they are supporting the fact that they have put YEARS of training into what they do.
IF they were politically motivated, that would be a valid point....but, see above.

RastaBlasta wrote:

They've effectively traded people's basic rights for their own shot at fame and fortune.
ignorance is bliss!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6519|so randum
boycott parker 08
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
.Sup
be nice

FatherTed wrote:

boycott parker 08
I won't agree to that!
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6018|...
wow, athletes support china by attending the olympics.

that's a fucking stupid thing to say.
inane little opines
jord
It's hard to get people to listen to common sense on the internet. At least in real life you can make them out to be the retard that they are.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6508|Gogledd Cymru

I'm going to show my support to China by watching it.
Parker
isteal

FatherTed wrote:

boycott parker 08
I am Parker, and I support this idea.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6519|so randum

The Sheriff wrote:

and i'm gona get a takeaway too.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord

The Sheriff wrote:

I wasn't going to watch much, I might match more now to make up the numbers so the minuscule effect the 50 teens not watching has won't be visible.
.Sup
be nice
Ok boycott Parker. Good night all. Praise the athletes.
Surgeons

I'm with Jord, infact we're going to cancel out your whiny emo rage fit because there will be two extra people watching it now, I wasn't even going to watch it before you made this topic.
Parker
isteal

The Sheriff wrote:

I'm with Jord, infact we're going to cancel out your whiny emo rage fit because there will be two extra people watching it now, I wasn't even going to watch it before you made this topic.
i turned my TV on and im not even watching!

so im supporting china AND pollution!!!!

its so wrong, its right

edit:
ted you are 4.
get it right

Last edited by Parker (2008-08-08 14:45:59)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6519|so randum

The Sheriff wrote:

boys order a chinese too, so they can send money home to their family and boost chinas economy
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Surgeons

Parker wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

i turned my TV on and im not even watching!

so im supporting china AND pollution!!!!

its so wrong, its right
Thats 4 people now lulz, your quest brings failure of unberable levels to this forum.

Ordered my chink Ted
jord

FatherTed wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

boys order a chinese too, so they can send money home to their family and boost chinas economy
I used to get free Chinese off Carl. He was well sound, fucking strong as well.

Remember to drink more Coca Cola as it is an evil sponsor of China.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard