Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6487

Mutantsteak wrote:

freezies never going to live that down
Sad thing is that he probably would if we didn't remind him of it every time he posts.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

freezies never going to live that down
Sad thing is that he probably would if we didn't remind him of it every time he posts.
like u just did.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6308|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

the opening ceremonies were incredibly good

go my peoples, go
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

Communism always brings out the best large scale acting as one parades/ The Russians were great at doing it, so are the Chinese.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6749|Uhh... erm...

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Communism always brings out the best large scale acting as one parades/ The Russians were great at doing it, so are the Chinese.
What he said. I especially liked the people who were painting on the canvas while dancing.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6732|Purplicious Wisconsin
This thread is getting boring, bf2s used to be a good site in 2005 until the new guys came to town. Anyway China is not a paradise for me, it is a horse load of crap giving out free lead to customers. Oh and guess what some of the western money China is receiving is going to, their own military WOW!!!

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

No one gives a shit about Taiwan
I do.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5769|شمال
I dont have time to watch it anyways
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Wallpaper
+303|6013|The pool

RastaBlasta wrote:

Is anybody else on here planning on boycotting the Olympics, cos I'm sure I'm not the only one?
No, excluding the Tibetans, youre the only one

I havent read through all 10 pages, but I assume youve never played competitive sports at any level beyond summer leagues? (if anything at all)
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6384|California

cowami wrote:

the opening ceremonies were incredibly good

go my peoples, go
aw, i must watch it, i was celebrating my friends little brothers birthday, he was asian too
his bday on 8/8/08!!
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6291
I'll watch them.
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5885
Sorry Tibet. Survival of the fittest.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6732|Purplicious Wisconsin

Uzique wrote:

.Sup wrote:

RastaBlasta wrote:

It's plain and simple: If enough people stop buying a company's products, they'll start take notice pretty quick.

It happened with McDonalds (a juggernaut) within the last few years.

And anybody whose bothered with lame personal attacks get nothing but a cos you're not even worth a snappy comeback.

Nobody's asking you to give a fuck about it, but why are you so offended that some people do?
Uzique defends China. I defend their inhabitants. As soon as you mention China you get bashed.
WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH.

Pointing out clear facts of economic-relations between the West and China (i.e. we couldn't survive without them nowadays) is not 'supporting China'. What is this, America in the grips of Red fever? Any comment that isn't devotedly in favour of aggressive capitalism and democratic freedom for all countries makes me a hardline Marxist? I don't have to be Pro-China to point out that boycotting a bunch of Western corporations such as Adidas, McDonalds and all the rest won't tickle the Chinese economy one bit. I don't have to be pro-China to say that the Olympic games is one big propaganda tool for the Chinese state to use in order to incite the feeling of great national pride and prosperity in its people. This is a basic observation on a political theory; Communism and other forms of near/absolute totalitarian political rule need propaganda and 'nationalism' / patriotism in order to keep the great majority subdued and on the right side. Anyone that's read basic-level stuff such as The Communist Manifesto grasps this... it doesn't mean I have a portrait of Chairman Mao above my bed that I salute every night before I go to bed.

We're through Rasta? You didn't even address any of my arguments... is that how feverently you support your Free Tibet argument? I'm all for the freedom of Tibet, but again I must say that boycotting or politically acting over the Olympic games achieves nothing. Not even the acknowledgement or recognition of the Chinese government. Let alone action. So the only acknowledgement you have of my posts in this thread is my 12-year old knowledge of ancient civilisation. Thanks for proving your intellectual infallibility. I do suggest you re-read my posts and consider what exactly either a) the boycott of Chinese product/export or b) the boycott of sponsor companies will achieve. As I've already mentioned, a total boycott of China is about as realistic as human colonisation of Pluto... all of our Western economies are reliant and in the back-pocket of huge industrial producers and labourers such as China, as well as in the wallets of huge investments from countries such as China, Japan and the Middle-East. We cannot afford to sustain our standard of living and economical growth without them on our side; and that is the realistic truth, that is why our governments continue to deal with them and continue to tolerate their morally and politically abhorrent decisions. Without China right now, we would be fucked. Simple. Plus, the concept of boycotting also implicates this concept of self-sufficiency. Forget it... most of the Western countries don't have the resources, the working-labouring segments of population or the willpower to turn around their culture and society to be self-sufficient. Globalisation has made us all lazy and seeking the most convenient option. Could our lifestyle, industry, economy and global place remain constant if we never ever took anything from China again? Of course not- they're the next world superpower that will rise in the next century or so, we have to be riding their profitable wave of industrialisation and economic expansion with them, not against the tide.

Your mentality and attitude towards this issue, and your approaches to being pro-Tibet really were summed up appropriately when I called you "self-aggrandizing". That's not a personal insult or putdown as such... I just think you put far too much value and self-worth into yourself and into the Western world. We're powerless in every sense when it comes to being activist on the Tibet situation; militarily, economically and influentially. China aren't some dirt-poor dustbowl in the middle of the Middle-East that we can walk over to and bully into going our way on an issue. Politicizing the Olympics is stupid, illogical and ultimately a waste of time and effort.

Now I hope you read this, I summarized all of my contentions and arguments nicely for you. I'm willing to elaborate on any points that you disagree with or don't understand my explanation of.
Did you forget about USA? We could do such a thing for the world just like we did after ww1 until the damn depression came along(it was caused by easy credit). Seriously, I am tired of lead made products from China.

TheAussieReaper wrote:

WTF? You just made me smack myself, communism is a bunch of "People's Republic" bullshit.

Last edited by War Man (2008-08-09 01:40:42)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

War Man wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

WTF? You just made me smack myself, communism is a bunch of "People's Republic" bullshit.
What?
GTFO.

Last edited by TheAussieReaper (2008-08-09 01:55:17)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6413|The Gem Saloon

War Man wrote:

This thread is getting boring, bf2s used to be a good site in 2005 until the new guys came to town.
just for shits and giggles, who are "the new guys"?
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6508|Gogledd Cymru

War Man wrote:

This thread is getting boring, bf2s used to be a good site in 2005 until the new guys came to town.
Go take another two year break then.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6126|Birmingham, UK

.Sup wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

pyscofrawg wrote:

You are going to ignore/boycott all the hard work that all the people from all those different sports and different countries put into the Olympics just becuase you disagree with where the events are taking place. You sir, fail at life.
So if the Olympics were held in Somalia or Serbia when they were going through their civil war/genocide of muslims, you wouldn't mind?

The IOC is such shit.

I think usm will agree with me here when he's finished drinking.
Or in America when cowboys murdered Indians.
Actually it was the national army supported by the population.

Infact, if you want a history lesson, there was no such thing as "The Wild West" but it was just a place for all the criminals to shoot each other. If i had my book about America, then i could name names

And, the news said even if no-one watches it it doesn't matter, all the sponsors and everything paid out way before, so they made all the money.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489

War Man wrote:

Uzique wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Uzique defends China. I defend their inhabitants. As soon as you mention China you get bashed.
WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH.

Pointing out clear facts of economic-relations between the West and China (i.e. we couldn't survive without them nowadays) is not 'supporting China'. What is this, America in the grips of Red fever? Any comment that isn't devotedly in favour of aggressive capitalism and democratic freedom for all countries makes me a hardline Marxist? I don't have to be Pro-China to point out that boycotting a bunch of Western corporations such as Adidas, McDonalds and all the rest won't tickle the Chinese economy one bit. I don't have to be pro-China to say that the Olympic games is one big propaganda tool for the Chinese state to use in order to incite the feeling of great national pride and prosperity in its people. This is a basic observation on a political theory; Communism and other forms of near/absolute totalitarian political rule need propaganda and 'nationalism' / patriotism in order to keep the great majority subdued and on the right side. Anyone that's read basic-level stuff such as The Communist Manifesto grasps this... it doesn't mean I have a portrait of Chairman Mao above my bed that I salute every night before I go to bed.

We're through Rasta? You didn't even address any of my arguments... is that how feverently you support your Free Tibet argument? I'm all for the freedom of Tibet, but again I must say that boycotting or politically acting over the Olympic games achieves nothing. Not even the acknowledgement or recognition of the Chinese government. Let alone action. So the only acknowledgement you have of my posts in this thread is my 12-year old knowledge of ancient civilisation. Thanks for proving your intellectual infallibility. I do suggest you re-read my posts and consider what exactly either a) the boycott of Chinese product/export or b) the boycott of sponsor companies will achieve. As I've already mentioned, a total boycott of China is about as realistic as human colonisation of Pluto... all of our Western economies are reliant and in the back-pocket of huge industrial producers and labourers such as China, as well as in the wallets of huge investments from countries such as China, Japan and the Middle-East. We cannot afford to sustain our standard of living and economical growth without them on our side; and that is the realistic truth, that is why our governments continue to deal with them and continue to tolerate their morally and politically abhorrent decisions. Without China right now, we would be fucked. Simple. Plus, the concept of boycotting also implicates this concept of self-sufficiency. Forget it... most of the Western countries don't have the resources, the working-labouring segments of population or the willpower to turn around their culture and society to be self-sufficient. Globalisation has made us all lazy and seeking the most convenient option. Could our lifestyle, industry, economy and global place remain constant if we never ever took anything from China again? Of course not- they're the next world superpower that will rise in the next century or so, we have to be riding their profitable wave of industrialisation and economic expansion with them, not against the tide.

Your mentality and attitude towards this issue, and your approaches to being pro-Tibet really were summed up appropriately when I called you "self-aggrandizing". That's not a personal insult or putdown as such... I just think you put far too much value and self-worth into yourself and into the Western world. We're powerless in every sense when it comes to being activist on the Tibet situation; militarily, economically and influentially. China aren't some dirt-poor dustbowl in the middle of the Middle-East that we can walk over to and bully into going our way on an issue. Politicizing the Olympics is stupid, illogical and ultimately a waste of time and effort.

Now I hope you read this, I summarized all of my contentions and arguments nicely for you. I'm willing to elaborate on any points that you disagree with or don't understand my explanation of.
Did you forget about USA? We could do such a thing for the world just like we did after ww1 until the damn depression came along(it was caused by easy credit). Seriously, I am tired of lead made products from China.
No, you seriously couldn't. The way you guys got out of the Depression was by government intervention in the free-trade economy, and massive public spending to stimulate growth in the economy. The way the US economy works now in the macroeconomic way is by a way called Keynesian economics. Look it up. You could not have a total reform of your industrial/manufacturing system and become self-sustaining- not without another return to 1930's-era Depression and unemployment anyway. And what's to say that your comfortable middle-class would want to be thrown back into something loosely resembling an agrarian revolution? Would all of these people working white-collar jobs in the cities from their comfortable homes in the suburbs want to go back to rural work to fill the gap that foreign imports would leave? You'd need not only a revolution in fiscal policy but a social revolution too... forget about it.

Besides if you're suggesting that the USA could theoretically become a 'replacement' to the industrial-model of China, again no chance! The American people are used to a pretty nice standard of living that they've built up through the consumerist and materialist booms of liberal 1960's/1970's America; they're used to prosperity and indulging in personal luxuries. You really think anyone in the American population would want to go revert back to a Chinese standard of living? Low income, long hours of manual-labour work etc. Even if it did happen you would demand a standard of living and an income that wouldn't compete with the mass-manufacturing capabilities of China and it's dilligent people. Plus, perhaps the biggest complication that cannot be overlooked is the physical geography of it all. You don't have all the resources you need to be self-sustaining; you don't have all of the crops and agriculture to feed your own people; you don't have the facilities to churn out mass-made products because over the last 50 years you've outsourced it all to Asia. So there's a physical geographical impossibility involved too.

Nice thought though.

Oh and earlier on in this thread you made a point that a lot of money going into China from the West (or from the Olympics even) is going into their military spending. Well, where's the controversy? A huge amount of the foreign-investment in America goes into your military spending program and Pentagon budget also. I'll refer you back to the Keynesian macroeconomic theory again; the government intervention and economic stimulation must be spent somewhere- and where do you think your government likes to throw all that cash? Military sector of course! They'd be insane to actually spend all that money stimulating and improving the public-sector, that would bring the peoples' quality of life and the peoples politicisation up far too much. Completely undesirable by the fat-cats in command. So yes, China spends a lot of investment and incoming money on military spending... but so do you guys, so you're both culprits of the same economic 'crime'.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-08-09 08:39:07)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

retard
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6640|London, England
damn commies
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6482|meh-land
flame thread is smoldering tbh

Last edited by Blehm98 (2008-08-09 09:28:14)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489

usmarine wrote:

retard
Do you ever actually have anything intelligent to say?

By 'intelligent' I mean something that doesn't just consist of a link to a news article, because that seems to be the capacity of your intellect. I'm open to criticism on my posts, after all they're all subjective and opinionated... but if all you have to put forward in a serious thread is a load of ad hominem bullshite, then really you're a waste of scrollspace.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-08-09 09:41:15)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6482|meh-land
he uses a tactic known as 'grunting,' and if you are unable to cope with it then you lose and he wins

deal with it, he doesn't feel like typing up a response to your horrendously long post, but he wishes to exhibit his disapproval of it
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
Sorry, logic would have suggested that someone who frequents a Forum (i.e. where the mode of communication is written) would be willing and capable of reading. Some arguments and messages cannot be communicated in a single sentence, I guess that's a sad reality for him to face.
jord
+2,382|6697|The North, beyond the wall.

Uzique wrote:

Sorry, logic would have suggested that someone who frequents a Forum (i.e. where the mode of communication is written) would be willing and capable of reading. Some arguments and messages cannot be communicated in a single sentence, I guess that's a sad reality for him to face.
You gotta admit, your posts are pretty long...
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6126|Birmingham, UK

Uzique wrote:

War Man wrote:

Uzique wrote:

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH.

No, you seriously couldn't. The way you guys got out of the Depression was by government intervention in the free-trade economy, and massive public spending to stimulate growth in the economy. The way the US economy works now in the macroeconomic way is by a way called Keynesian economics. Look it up. You could not have a total reform of your industrial/manufacturing system and become self-sustaining- not without another return to 1930's-era Depression and unemployment anyway. And what's to say that your comfortable middle-class would want to be thrown back into something loosely resembling an agrarian revolution? Would all of these people working white-collar jobs in the cities from their comfortable homes in the suburbs want to go back to rural work to fill the gap that foreign imports would leave? You'd need not only a revolution in fiscal policy but a social revolution too... forget about it.

Besides if you're suggesting that the USA could theoretically become a 'replacement' to the industrial-model of China, again no chance! The American people are used to a pretty nice standard of living that they've built up through the consumerist and materialist booms of liberal 1960's/1970's America; they're used to prosperity and indulging in personal luxuries. You really think anyone in the American population would want to go revert back to a Chinese standard of living? Low income, long hours of manual-labour work etc. Even if it did happen you would demand a standard of living and an income that wouldn't compete with the mass-manufacturing capabilities of China and it's dilligent people. Plus, perhaps the biggest complication that cannot be overlooked is the physical geography of it all. You don't have all the resources you need to be self-sustaining; you don't have all of the crops and agriculture to feed your own people; you don't have the facilities to churn out mass-made products because over the last 50 years you've outsourced it all to Asia. So there's a physical geographical impossibility involved too.

Nice thought though.

Oh and earlier on in this thread you made a point that a lot of money going into China from the West (or from the Olympics even) is going into their military spending. Well, where's the controversy? A huge amount of the foreign-investment in America goes into your military spending program and Pentagon budget also. I'll refer you back to the Keynesian macroeconomic theory again; the government intervention and economic stimulation must be spent somewhere- and where do you think your government likes to throw all that cash? Military sector of course! They'd be insane to actually spend all that money stimulating and improving the public-sector, that would bring the peoples' quality of life and the peoples politicisation up far too much. Completely undesirable by the fat-cats in command. So yes, China spends a lot of investment and incoming money on military spending... but so do you guys, so you're both culprits of the same economic 'crime'.
Well said, +1.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard