Poll

Presidential Predictions

McCain35%35% - 33
Obama64%64% - 61
Total: 94
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6693|Canberra, AUS
Obama really only needs to sit back, campaign and try not to piss anyone off or make any stupid mistakes and he will win.
Exactly right. It's a shame, in some senses...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CameronPoe
+2,925|6574
I think Thorax has it about right, but it'll be tight.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6343|New Haven, CT
McCain can't disassociate himself from Bush enough to possibly prevail.
Vax
+42|5871|Flyover country

Reciprocity wrote:

It's pretty close right now, but I think on election day we're gunna see a low turnout for the republican party.  I know a lot of conservatives hate McCain as much as Obama and will either vote for some third party or just stay home and be pissy.  Some of the fiscal conservatives will purposely stay home as a sort of silent Obama vote.

I think Obama will squeak by.

It'll be interesting.
Living in a Red state it's tough to imagine but I think you have some insight there. I saw a poll earlier on CNN about 'top issues on voters minds' and the economy was the clear winner...people who think the war is a top issue are way off, and not paying attention... they are both the same on the war right now.

Also, this may sound dumb but, aside from the "rockstar factor" Obama enjoys, it's the dem's turn. Historically the pendulum should be swinging their way.
Then again, people who love Obama due to his celebrity appeal are the same types who talk a lot and then forget to actually show up and vote on election day (especially younger people)

Too close to call right now, but since the point is to make a prediction, I will say Mccain by a hair.

To echo, it will be interesting.
Vax
+42|5871|Flyover country

Kmarion wrote:

It depends on who looks like the lesser idiot at the debates.
Point. 
I forgot for a second there how wooden Mccain comes off. Unless he shapes up in that department he could be sunk by Mr Charisma...

Still my prediction must stand ....
JahManRed
wank
+646|6647|IRELAND

Obama Husain Bin Ladden.

Myself and the rest of the non US world are hoping Obama. Mc Cain is a war monger who wants to continue the policies which have run the country into debt and wants to continue to pour money into the Middle east.

Hopefully when the debates starts the American people will see McCain for who he really is. Look out for an ear piece!

@ATG
Are you predicting Mc Cain will win or are you hoping he wins? Things are rosy at home with the Republicans in charge and long may it continue?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6574

Vax wrote:

Historically the pendulum should be swinging their way.
I think you have a point there. Ultimately Republican fiscal policy wasn't/isn't sustainable and it's time to swing the other way.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-08-07 03:14:40)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6776|Argentina
Isn't Obama leading the polls?  And McCain has GWB in the office so I predict Obama will win.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6640|London, England

Thorax wrote:

Prediction:
OBAMA-56% PV
McCAIN-44% PV
With McCain still winning because of the Electoral College, lol
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6125|eXtreme to the maX
Obama - but could be very close.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6668

I'd put my money on McCain. That way, if he wins, I make some money, and if he doesn't, at least I can console myself with the thought that the US isn't stuck with an entirely useless President for a change.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6202|Ireland
I predict OBAMA because Republicans have nothing to get them motivated after what Bush and the Republican Congress did when they were put in power.  I hear too many Republicans saying " meh, were fucked so who cares " while the Democraps say " yipee, OBAMA is Black so I am gonna vote for him ". 

I personally couldn't give a rat's ass because they are both working for the same bankers who are about to go into a full court press with their plan to globalize the world power structure, so we can expect who ever is elected to be starting more political wars, opening up our borders MORE, and opening up US coffers to the world.

My motto for this election is " It's the Central Bank stupid! ",  the internet is the worst thing to ever happen to the powerbrokers of the world and they know they have to jump soon.  Perhaps Clinton and Gore knew what they were doing when they opened up the internet to public use.  Believe me, its going down in the next decade.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6568|UK

McCain, for all Obamas fame it would seem, as ATG said, many just cant afford it.  Particularly those who can wont want to part with there cash.  The ''better'' candidate (and I use that term very alusivly) isnt set for the win.

An event may occur on the run up to this.  Not nescesarily terroroism, but, there is plenty ammo out there to hit Obama where it hurts (specifically to do with this religion thing) that could really damage him beyond repair.

Martyn
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

Presidential predictions can be fun. Like masturbation.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5880
either John "terrorist" McCain, who is no different to Bush so no change and it will seem like Bush has been in charge for 12 years, also a puppet of the zionist lobbies

or Obama who is a bit different but also a puppet of the zionist lobbies.

Obama gets my vote and i believe most of America wants some form of change, thus i think he will win

Last edited by rammunition (2008-08-07 08:14:11)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6668

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Presidential predictions can be fun. Like masturbation.
Masturbation is always fun.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6355|Oregon
Obama, 60-40.
In the upcoming months, something will happen to give obama a little shove, and he'll win.
Thorax
Banned
+77|5823

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Thorax wrote:

Prediction:
OBAMA-56% PV
McCAIN-44% PV
With McCain still winning because of the Electoral College, lol
Actually, then states that Obama is polling high in ATM would give him a 30 point lead in the EC.
imortal
+240|6684|Austin, TX

Thorax wrote:

Obama will win.

Obama is going to have:
The Black Vote.
The Latino Vote.
The Youth Vote.
Disenfranchised Republican vote.
Typical Democratic Vote.
Liberal Vote.
Independent Vote.

McCain on the other hand, I only see having the:
Hardcore Republican Vote.
Evangelical Vote.
Conservative Vote.
Elderly Vote.

Granted the elderly and evangelical voters make up probably 40% of voters, I think McCains downfall is going to be strictly because people are fed up with Bush and all the scandals surrounding the Republican party.  He's also going to have a hard time keeping Republicans that are AGAINST the war because of his adamant and thorough vocal support of the war and his promises to continue it.  He will most likely win all the hardliner red states but I have a feeling most of the swing states are going to fall in Obama's court.

Obama on the other hand is going to have a hard time with blue collar workers and white southerners.  He's got the majority of the black vote in his pocket for obvious reasons and we'll probably see a record turnout for young African Americans at the polls.  This coupled with the fact that Democrats routinely pull in the majority of the Latino vote will assure big numbers for him, if he manages to pull in a VP candidate close the Hillary the Latino vote is guaranteed. 

McCain has the unfortunate position of having to win people over AND keep the everyday anti-war republicans on his side.  Obama really only needs to sit back, campaign and try not to piss anyone off or make any stupid mistakes and he will win.

Prediction:
OBAMA-56% PV
McCAIN-44% PV
I did not realize there were only 11 votes in the election.  Or that we were neatly grouped into conglomerates for ease in catagorizing.  What if you are a liberal, black woman?  Who gets that vote?

Calling it "the liberal vote" and "the hispanic vote" is too simplistic.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6848|Grapevine, TX
I predict with reluctance, McCain. Obama isnt much of a choice just like McCain; neither is worthy of being our next President but it is what it is.

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2008-08-07 09:52:17)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6709|Tampa Bay Florida

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

I predict with reluctance, McCain. Obama isnt much of a choice just like McCain; neither is worthy of being our next President but it is what it is.
And Bush is?  Or is no one ever worthy of being president in the current system?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6548|Global Command

JahManRed wrote:

@ATG
Are you predicting Mc Cain will win or are you hoping he wins? Things are rosy at home with the Republicans in charge and long may it continue?
I dislike McCain on many levels.

I think that Obamas tax and spend weath redistribution will finish of our economy.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6556|Long Island, New York
Thorax
Banned
+77|5823

imortal wrote:

Calling it "the liberal vote" and "the hispanic vote" is too simplistic.
Those are the major voter denominations.  Anything else is just nitpicking as far as I'm concerned.
SealXo
+309|6555
McCain, obama says more stupid shit every day.

People say McCains campaign sucks right now but i think hes just staying quiet and letting obama say stupid shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard