Poll

Presidential Predictions

McCain35%35% - 33
Obama64%64% - 61
Total: 94
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
I think it will be interesting for us to call it now. Say why you think the guy will win.

I predict that McCain will win.

Despite the full court press by the media for Obama many fear we cannot afford his policies. Tax and spend is not change.

We are a country divided. Despite the colosal fuck up that is George Bush we seem split down the middle according to the polls.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85
I don't think Obama can maintain the whole "change" thing long enough, especially if Bush doesn't do anything else to further fuck up his public image. If it weren't for the democratic nomination process being so long and arduous I think he would have been able to save the big guns a little longer.

Therefore I predict McCain will win.

We should have some sort of stakes.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

I want to say obama, but the repubs will pull some rabbit out of their hat to give grandpa the go ahead.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
Obama...  unless an October surprise is in store.

Here's why I say that...  www.electoral-vote.com
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6382|MN
McCain.

People that are leaning towards Obama right now will get too scared when time comes to pull the trigger.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Obama.

McCain was been underestimated, but Obama is more likely to get voters attention. The media focus has been all Obama's way and the Republicans are still suffering from Bush's bad public image.

If Obama were to have Hilary as VP I think he would be unstoppable.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Obama. I just think that when people get into the voting booth, even if they were McCain supporters or teetering on the edge, they'll realize that another 4 years of Republicans in the White House will do nothing but harm.
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

I'm going to say Obama. So far he's been marketing himself quite well. Unless something goes wrong, and he doesn't keep up what he's got going, I say he'll win just by superstar status. It will be close though.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

McCain; it's only a matter of time before people catch on to how full of shit he is... but then again, there are massive amounts of stupid people and idiot teen votes who vote for the "cool" guy just because everyone else is doing it. This is too close to call.
13rin
+977|6481
Obama was ahead in the polls, now he's even.  People are getting sick of hearing about him.  And the Republicans haven't really unleashed the hounds on him yet.  But then again you know how I feel about polls.. or is it pools?  No matter.

I do recall my bad prediction about as to the Republican keeping the Senate last go round.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Reciprocity
+721|6583|the dank(super) side of Oregon
It's pretty close right now, but I think on election day we're gunna see a low turnout for the republican party.  I know a lot of conservatives hate McCain as much as Obama and will either vote for some third party or just stay home and be pissy.  Some of the fiscal conservatives will purposely stay home as a sort of silent Obama vote.

I think Obama will squeak by.

It'll be interesting.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK

mtb0minime wrote:

McCain; it's only a matter of time before people catch on to how full of shit he is... but then again, there are massive amounts of stupid people and idiot teen votes who vote for the "cool" guy just because everyone else is doing it. This is too close to call.
You raise a fair point but the idiot teens would probably forget to vote.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
Quick question

Why do people who support someone always think their going to win?  Why does it even matter?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5967|London, England

Obama, but I want McCain to win
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Reciprocity
+721|6583|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Spearhead wrote:

Quick question

Why do people who support someone always think their going to win?  Why does it even matter?
it's part of our culture.  Who wants to be on the losing team?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Reciprocity wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Quick question

it's part of our culture.  Who wants to be on the losing team?
Underestimating your opponent is how you get defeated
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

It depends on who looks like the lesser idiot at the debates. I preditcted Obama getting to this point.. not McCain .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Spearhead wrote:

not really.  it usually means they played better than you.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

usmarine wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

not really.  it usually means they played better than you.
Well of course.  But when people get cocky they do stupid stuff.  And then they get owned.

Like Kerry in 04.  Epic failure.  Hitler during WW2.

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-08-06 20:51:56)

13rin
+977|6481

Kmarion wrote:

It depends on who looks like the lesser idiot at the debates. I preditcted Obama getting to this point.. not McCain .
I dunno. I think that people kinda watch the debates with their minds all ready made up.  It's more like a football game.  have you ever heard anyone say that they are on the fence and waiting until the debates to make up their mind? 

Actually McCain has been trying to get Obama to debate him on several occasions, to no avail.  Just the standard debates.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6768|Cambridge (UK)
Null Vote: Hilton.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I dunno. I think that people kinda watch the debates with their minds all ready made up.  It's more like a football game.  have you ever heard anyone say that they are on the fence and waiting until the debates to make up their mind? 

Actually McCain has been trying to get Obama to debate him on several occasions, to no avail.  Just the standard debates.
I don't think so. I think one of the reasons the polls are so close is that so many people have yet to decide. Personally I don't see a whole lot of difference between the two.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6001|...
I think McCain has a good chance but I really wouldn't like to see that guy as president.

Media is pressing hard for Obama though, especially abroad. The only time McCain comes on screen it's to make fun of him.
inane little opines
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS
Obama will win if McCain continues to make this a one-man show.

Whether he should win is a different matter.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Thorax
Banned
+77|5806
Obama will win.

Obama is going to have:
The Black Vote.
The Latino Vote.
The Youth Vote.
Disenfranchised Republican vote.
Typical Democratic Vote.
Liberal Vote.
Independent Vote.

McCain on the other hand, I only see having the:
Hardcore Republican Vote.
Evangelical Vote.
Conservative Vote.
Elderly Vote.

Granted the elderly and evangelical voters make up probably 40% of voters, I think McCains downfall is going to be strictly because people are fed up with Bush and all the scandals surrounding the Republican party.  He's also going to have a hard time keeping Republicans that are AGAINST the war because of his adamant and thorough vocal support of the war and his promises to continue it.  He will most likely win all the hardliner red states but I have a feeling most of the swing states are going to fall in Obama's court.

Obama on the other hand is going to have a hard time with blue collar workers and white southerners.  He's got the majority of the black vote in his pocket for obvious reasons and we'll probably see a record turnout for young African Americans at the polls.  This coupled with the fact that Democrats routinely pull in the majority of the Latino vote will assure big numbers for him, if he manages to pull in a VP candidate close the Hillary the Latino vote is guaranteed. 

McCain has the unfortunate position of having to win people over AND keep the everyday anti-war republicans on his side.  Obama really only needs to sit back, campaign and try not to piss anyone off or make any stupid mistakes and he will win.

Prediction:
OBAMA-56% PV
McCAIN-44% PV

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard