Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Turquoise wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

McCain = another 4 years of Bush

I'll take my chances with Obama -- staying on the same course we've been on for almost the last 8 years is suicidal.
How much did Obama pay you to say that?
He paid me in common sense.

Seriously, do you think a guy who has almost all the same policy stances as Bush (McCain) is really going to improve our situation?  I know Obama can be out there on certain topics, but seriously, I'm ready for a change at this point.  I'd even say that if I was Republican.
It just looks like you took it straight from his campaign. His campaign managers would probably all jerk off each other if they read that.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
And if I said, "McCain is clearly the better choice because of his experience and his service to our country" the McCain campaign would jerk off instead.  You know how this works.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Turquoise wrote:

And if I said, "McCain is clearly the better choice because of his experience and his service to our country" the McCain campaign would jerk off instead.  You know how this works.
Yeah, and I would harass you for that too. You can choose either candidate without quoting their campaigns, I just found the way you said it pretty funny.
Turquoise
O Canada
If it's any consolation, I only agree with Obama half of the time.  Of course, I only agree with McCain a quarter of the time.
13rin
+977|6480

Turquoise wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

McCain = another 4 years of Bush

I'll take my chances with Obama -- staying on the same course we've been on for almost the last 8 years is suicidal.
How much did Obama pay you to say that?
He paid me in common sense.

Seriously, do you think a guy who has almost all the same policy stances as Bush (McCain) is really going to improve our situation?  I know Obama can be out there on certain topics, but seriously, I'm ready for a change at this point.  I'd even say that if I was Republican.
Did ya give him back change?  Obama is everywhere on every topic.  It merely depends on which day of the week.  He's a friggin' pole policy maker.  Did I mention that he has no friggin' experience? example: troop surge.

Imagine if you sat on the board of a big ass company that you're heavily invested in and one of the board members brings forward some guy without a resume or any business experience, stating that for some reason we need to get this guy in the CEO chair asap without ever telling you anything other and change- Would you vote to seat him as CEO?  Yea...

Which bring me to my next point.  We do know who McCain is. Hell, we all know McCain is the "renegade" Senator, "reaching across the aisles to" ....  Which means that McCain is hardly the conservative candidate.   However, he is the more predictable of the two.  McCain IS NO Bush.  But thank god he isn't as left as Ob.

*edit:

Turquoise wrote:

If it's any consolation, I only agree with Obama half of the time.  Of course, I only agree with McCain a quarter of the time.
It'd be much higher for McCain if the media was really doing their job... Wait, if the media was really doing their job, we probably wouldn't have either canidate......  I need a drink.

Just kidding about the change line

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-08-06 19:22:33)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Turquoise
O Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Did ya give him back change?  Obama is everywhere on every topic.  It merely depends on which day of the week.  He's a friggin' pole policy maker.  Did I mention that he has no friggin' experience? example: troop surge.

Imagine if you sat on the board of a big ass company that you're heavily invested in and one of the board members brings forward some guy without a resume or any business experience, stating that for some reason we need to get this guy in the CEO chair asap without ever telling you anything other and change- Would you vote to seat him as CEO?  Yea...

Which bring me to my next point.  We do know who McCain is. Hell, we all know McCain is the "renegade" Senator, "reaching across the aisles to" ....  Which means that McCain is hardly the conservative candidate.   However, he is the more predictable of the two.  McCain IS NO Bush.  But thank god he isn't as left as Ob.
Our version of the Left would be considered Right in Europe.  We're by far the most conservative country in the First World, which actually makes us closer to the Third World in mindset (since the Third World tends to be very conservative).  With as conservative as Bush has been about certain things, I'd like things to swing leftward now.

Of course, if it swings too far leftward, we'll just see 1994 all over again in 2010.  McCain may not be exactly like Bush, but he's run his campaign like he wants to be the next Bush.  I don't want that.  I'll take the flip flopper...  just somebody other than another neocon.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
Obama is cool though.
13rin
+977|6480

Turquoise wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Our version of the Left would be considered Right in Europe.  We're by far the most conservative country in the First World, which actually makes us closer to the Third World in mindset (since the Third World tends to be very conservative).  With as conservative as Bush has been about certain things, I'd like things to swing leftward now.

Of course, if it swings too far leftward, we'll just see 1994 all over again in 2010.  McCain may not be exactly like Bush, but he's run his campaign like he wants to be the next Bush.  I don't want that.  I'll take the flip flopper...  just somebody other than another neocon.
Swing, left as in more government, more taxation, more subsidized services?  More regulation?  No Oil? No Nuclear power? Solar and hybrid? Canadian type health care?  Gun bans?  McCain is no neocon. Sorry.  For what it is worth, I respect your vote.  You really haven't the burden of explaining it or why to anyone.  Shit, you could vote for Obama because you saw him make a free throw.  -And it your right to do so.  That's the great thing about the US.... But me personally,  I really don't want a current wind of change President with a "spotty" past.  You've seen the types of people he associates with (until caught).  Then his loyalty to them (g-ma, preacher man, rapper man, general).  How quick do you think he'd toss you or me (Two guys that "don't look like the rest of" ) under the bus to achieve his personal goals... That was a poor attempt at racial humor but seriously, this man is merely saying whatever he thinks will get him elected.  For anything that is dear to you though, we don't know what the guy REALLY thinks and will do once he no longer has to listen to his puppet masters. I am not willing to take that chance -I can't afford to.  With the Nancy Pelosi types in power, this unopposed majority would be extremely dangerous.  McCain sadly is the only choice I have.

*edit

wah1188 wrote:

Obama is cool though.
No he isn't.  He's a fucking Hanna Montanna, A Backstreet Boys group.  Your are being spoon fed well calculated propaganda.  Hit me baby one more time!

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-08-06 20:47:36)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
I never said Mccain wasn't cool he is one tough bastard.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

The US is third world like now? Turq has finally gone off the deep end. Either that or hasn't any idea of what defines a nation as third world.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

The US is third world like now? Turq has finally gone off the deep end. Either that or hasn't any idea of what defines a nation as third world.
Politics wise he was talking about.  Our beliefs are very backwards compared to other first world nations.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Yeah, and I would harass you for that too. You can choose either candidate without quoting their campaigns, I just found the way you said it pretty funny.
As if DBBinson doesnt repeat what McCain says?

Instead of seeing "Turq sounds like Obama" why dont you see "Obama sounds like moderate free thinking informed people"?

I think thats whats really going on here.  Lots of right wingers have predisposed opinions and fail to realize it.  They hold their opponents up to higher standards than they hold up people they support.  At least that's how I see it.

No one can dispute the fact that McCain is an entirely different person now than he was 8 years ago.  If the Democrats played like the Republicans they'd be bitching and moaning about it all day and night.

SealXo wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

LOL.... and Fox New isnt biased.

thanks for proving it (second youtube video)
They also has Tom Daschle speak for an equel amount of time. And atleast they don't donate money to mccain like NBC does to obama. Thats REAL fair news. And atleast they take both sides, unlike the New York Times (there stock is doing great atm)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ailes

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-08-06 21:45:03)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Spearhead wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Politics wise he was talking about.  Our beliefs are very backwards compared to other first world nations.
mkay.. so Venezuela is to the right now? What about Cuba?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Kmarion wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Any real left winger does not support the destruction of human rights and freedom of speech.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Spearhead wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Any real left winger does not support the destruction of human rights and freedom of speech.
Nor does any real conservative.. next.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Kmarion wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Exactly

The Republicans arent real conservatives.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Spearhead wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Exactly

The Republicans arent real conservatives.
Hallelujah I'm not the only one saying it..lol.

Don't forget the Democrats (Dixiecrats) used to be the slave party. It's hard to argue the party has always been morally superior when it comes to "destruction of human rights".

What the hell.. here we go again. This label obsession is beyond absurd now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Definitely dude.  Neither parties today represent what the media likes to label them as (conservative and liberal).

Right and left really has no meaning anymore.  What Turq was saying is that compared to other first world countries, which are progressive, or whatever, it seems that US is alone.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Spearhead wrote:

Definitely dude.  Neither parties today represent what the media likes to label them as (conservative and liberal).

Right and left really has no meaning anymore.  What Turq was saying is that compared to other first world countries, which are progressive, or whatever, it seems that US is alone.
There is a big difference and that is scale. Europe would have a tough time socializing it's entire continent under one umbrella. Not that the Irish would ever let that happen (lulz).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
The smaller the country, the more successful/wealthy?  What do you think?

Luxembourg, San Marino and Vatican City are freaking loaded.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Spearhead wrote:

The smaller the country, the more successful/wealthy?  What do you think?

Luxembourg, San Marino and Vatican City are freaking loaded.
Probably because it's easier to keep their leaders in line. Responsibility tends to get diluted the more massive/bureaucratic the government.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
IMO the best thing for the USA would be for all 50 states to secede from the union.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Spearhead wrote:

IMO the best thing for the USA would be for all 50 states to secede from the union.
Just remain together for "the common defense" maybe? It's funny because that was the original plan.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Yeah but our influence would severely diminish, thus reducing the threat.

The British empire doesnt exist anymore obviously.

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-08-06 23:22:27)

13rin
+977|6480

Spearhead wrote:

I don't regurgitate what McCain says.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I don't regurgitate what McCain says.
Shame.. that would be entertaining.

Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard