Poll

If a god exists is it most likely good or evil?

Evil22%22% - 13
Good23%23% - 14
Neutral54%54% - 32
Total: 59
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

TrollmeaT wrote:

Come on people, pull yourselves out of the middle ages. Look to reason not some squishy feeling. If there was a God he would have talked to me through prayer the 4 years I was "born again", he didn't therefore he doesn't exist & the doctrine is null & void. I regret those 4 years of wasted life but at least my naive arse learned something.
No if there is a god he would more than likely ignore you as you are nothing as to him.

Just because religion is blatant bullshit doesn't mean god is.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-08-03 18:05:38)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina

Vilham wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Come on people, pull yourselves out of the middle ages. Look to reason not some squishy feeling. If there was a God he would have talked to me through prayer the 4 years I was "born again", he didn't therefore he doesn't exist & the doctrine is null & void. I regret those 4 years of wasted life but at least my naive arse learned something.
No if there is a god he would more than likely ignore you as you are nothing as to him.

True, but without evidence to support its existence, for all practical purposes, it doesn't.  The burden of proof is on faith, not disbelief.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6672|Colorado

Vilham wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Not according to the bible, if you accept him into your heart & life he's suppose to have a personal relationship with you then.
He didn't make his prophets wait 4 years to talk to them, sorry I call bullshit.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

TrollmeaT wrote:

Vilham wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Not according to the bible, if you accept him into your heart & life he's suppose to have a personal relationship with you then.
He didn't make his prophets wait 4 years to talk to them, sorry I call bullshit.
Hence why religion is bullshit and the possible existence of god isn't. Religion doesn't equate to god.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6672|Colorado
I can deal with some type of god that doesn't relate to any religion that fits no other preconceptions. It's when man tells me what to believe is when I get pissed. But come on reason says its a fairy tale.

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2008-08-03 22:40:12)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
There is no god. Earth is just a reality tv show for space aliens.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5985|Aus, Qld

TrollmeaT wrote:

Vilham wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Perhaps he was but you weren't listening

As to this debate id say that God made us as a companion, but he gave us free will, otherwise we would not be a companion but another minion in affect, like the angels.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada

bakinacake wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Vilham wrote:

As to this debate id say that God made us as a companion, but he gave us free will, otherwise we would not be a companion but another minion in affect, like the angels.
It's rather odd to be made as a companion to a being you've yet to perceive.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5985|Aus, Qld

Turquoise wrote:

bakinacake wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Its not really if you think about it, i mean adam knew God personally, even after the fall, and after he ate from the tree of good and evil, we are like friends, made for God
Turquoise
O Canada

bakinacake wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

bakinacake wrote:

Its not really if you think about it, i mean adam knew God personally, even after the fall, and after he ate from the tree of good and evil, we are like friends, made for God
Umm...  well, it would be a lot easier to fathom this creator guy if he'd just show up and reveal himself.  I'm not going to take the word of others or some book.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5985|Aus, Qld

Turquoise wrote:

bakinacake wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Umm...  well, it would be a lot easier to fathom this creator guy if he'd just show up and reveal himself.  I'm not going to take the word of others or some book.
He appears in misterious ways, he may not show his face, but in the actions that he does. E.g. the stars.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

I don't understand why the Pagan god(s) are considered evil. The Pagans believed more in the natural forces and in nature more than a single entity to call God.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Turquoise
O Canada

bakinacake wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

bakinacake wrote:

He appears in misterious ways, he may not show his face, but in the actions that he does. E.g. the stars.
Out of curiosity, how do you know it's the Christian god?  How come it can't be Vishnu or Allah?

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-08-03 19:33:31)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646

TheAussieReaper wrote:

I don't understand why the Pagan god(s) are considered evil. The Pagans believed more in the natural forces and in nature more than a single entity to call God.
Pagans gods were like a kid with a magnifying glass. You make them happy, they help you prosper. You make them mad they fuck up your crops.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Heard this joke the other day:

A Vietnamese man was trying to convince me that Adam & Eve were also Vietnamese.

I said to him "Look, if Adam & Eve were Vietnamese they would've eaten the snake, not the apple."
inb4 that's racist
lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
imortal
+240|6664|Austin, TX

TrollmeaT wrote:

Someone just might have a bit of inflated self worth.  If God spoke to us in terms that would leave no doubt, then there would be no need for faith, would there?

Oh, and the "I did not see or hear it so it does not exist" argument is a bit egocentric as well.  Not to mention fallacious.  I have not seen a black hole with my own eyes, but I believe they exist.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

imortal wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Someone just might have a bit of inflated self worth.  If God spoke to us in terms that would leave no doubt, then there would be no need for faith, would there?

Oh, and the "I did not see or hear it so it does not exist" argument is a bit egocentric as well.  Not to mention fallacious.  I have not seen a black hole with my own eyes, but I believe they exist.
Worst example possible with the black hole. You can see direct effects of the black hole.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5985|Aus, Qld

Vilham wrote:

imortal wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Worst example possible with the black hole. You can see direct effects of the black hole.
You can see direct effects of God, just look down.
imortal
+240|6664|Austin, TX

Vilham wrote:

imortal wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

I would not say the worst possible... but you have a point that it is a bad example.   Granted, there is also an argument that you can see the results of God's handiwork wherever you look, but that is also a bad example, and a good start for the entire thread to decend to a shouting match. 

Would quantum theory be a better argument?

Also, would it be more acceptable to call religeous belief "The Theory of God?"  After all, without proof, all faith really is is an idea.
13rin
+977|6479

Vilham wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Soo.. Does that make him evil for ignoring human suffering?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Soo.. Does that make him evil for ignoring human suffering?
I personally don't believe in God, but if your Christian you believe in a god that does care about you, knows before anyone even came into existence they would live a life of suffering then yes Christian god is "evil".
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Bak, Adam, as referred to in the Old Testament during Genesis for around the first 6 chapters or w/e is actually referring to mankind as a whole. Adam, literally translated from the old Hebrew testament means man. When you say Adam knew God, you are saying man knew god.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
the big man is on team good guys.  Only a great bloke could have invented something as awesome as tits.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6343|tropical regions of london
what about tit cancer?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK

God Save the Queen wrote:

what about tit cancer?
They sinned by not worshipping enough cock.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard