DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6481|cuntshitlake

So you guys have never played a quake3 engine game before? I have seen enough proof for these in many other games that I know it is applicable to CoD4 too. The physics are directly connected to fps.

And this is not a fraud like the "lower resolution, less spray" in HL1 engine and thus CS1.5/1.6.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6682|NT, like Mick Dundee

No srs guse its true i used to do th estrafe jum p stuff in q3 lans acn got called hacxker.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6481|cuntshitlake

Flecco wrote:

No srs guse its true i used to do th estrafe jum p stuff in q3 lans acn got called hacxker.
Strafejumping aka the real bunnyhopping, not this lame BF2 bh is really leet
CrazeD
+368|6690|Maine

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Can you make vids with CoD 4? or can you get a freindly with FRAPS to vid you on a server?

Once at 125fps, once at 20 - that'll be the best way to tell - well, ideally find somewhere on a map with good 'landmarks' to judge height/distance against - and do both in same place...
I would, except that FRAPS will kill my FPS...I won't be able to make a decent run at 125 FPS, even with settings on all low.

edit: if someone else wants to do all the jumping around I can fraps/edit it into something presentable. Get something definitive on the issue.
If you want definitive, go to Strike on Search and Destroy and jump onto the B bomb. To do it, you jump off the curb located next to the steel stairs. You can only do it on 125.

Here is a video describing what I'm talking about (don't mind the other one)

http://crazedizzled.com/cod4/strikejumps.wmv

EDIT: Also, pay no attention to the fact that the FPS in the corner is not 125. I fraps'ed a demo, because my FPS did not stay at 125 while fraps'ing.

Last edited by CrazeD (2008-08-31 02:15:01)

RookTgz
The Rookie
+8|5559
I will test jumping with 30-40 fps.

Then I will test with my new video card coming in, surely it will display over 150fps at low settings.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5805|Catherine Black

RookTgz wrote:

I will test jumping with 30-40 fps.

Then I will test with my new video card coming in, surely it will display over 150fps at low settings.
I could save you a lot of time, and tell you that in five months, I can conclusively concur, it works.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6488

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

kajukenbo_kid wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

holy misinformation batman

FPS has absolutely no bearing on rof, in fact nothing does except what gun you are using and whether you have double tap or not. You should have realized this when you switched comps and didn't see any change. No one else is firing faster than you.

You can unlock the FPS on any game if you know how as well.
you are 100% wrong.  the more fps the faster your gun will shoot (only on this game engine).  250 fps: jump higher, shoot faster  125 fps: jump farther, shoot a little faster than normal.  333 fps is illegal on most server configs because you can noticeably shoot faster and sometimes run silently.  go lock your frames at 40 and spray an ak, then lock at 250 and spray.  the difference is clear.
On a scale from one to hard to believe, I have to say this is to the extreme of hard to believe.

If this is remotely true, maybe it changes how fast it APPEARS you are firing. No way it actually changes gameplay.
This is true and has been since Call of Duty 1.

Engine design FTL.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DUnlimited
+1,160|6481|cuntshitlake

Uzique wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

kajukenbo_kid wrote:

you are 100% wrong.  the more fps the faster your gun will shoot (only on this game engine).  250 fps: jump higher, shoot faster  125 fps: jump farther, shoot a little faster than normal.  333 fps is illegal on most server configs because you can noticeably shoot faster and sometimes run silently.  go lock your frames at 40 and spray an ak, then lock at 250 and spray.  the difference is clear.
On a scale from one to hard to believe, I have to say this is to the extreme of hard to believe.

If this is remotely true, maybe it changes how fast it APPEARS you are firing. No way it actually changes gameplay.

Engine design FTL.
Has been since quake3 and in all quake3 engine games (All Unreal Tournament games, all CoD games, all Q3 standalone mods etc) certain sweetspots give advantage.
CrazeD
+368|6690|Maine

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Engine design FTL.
Has been since quake3 and in all quake3 engine games (All Unreal Tournament games, all CoD games, all Q3 standalone mods etc) certain sweetspots give advantage.
UT uses the Unreal engine, not the Q3 engine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard