Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85

Mavik wrote:

Some people just do not deserve to live in a democracy.
We should take a vote on it.
Home
Section.80
+447|6857|Seattle, Washington, USA

Not all graffiti artists are in gangs. In fact, most aren't. Taggers are different, and you all should realize that they are more a gangster than they are a tagger and that tagging is not the worst thing about them.

In some cities, graffiti is even left on walls because it is good (ex: Banksy).
Hakei
Banned
+295|6005

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

But how is you or anyone else going to define "pretty"?
Why is it always definitions with you? Define this, define that. You know exactly what I mean by pretty, you know the difference between a good and bad piece, yet you want to make the point void because one out of a hundred might not like it?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Hakei wrote:

If the art sucks, sure. If it's good? Leave them be.
right, define good art
Taggers and Graffiti artists are two different things
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6353|California

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Hakei wrote:

right, define good art
Exactly.

Why the fuck would you say shoot someone on site for expressing themselves? Albeit 94% of all taggers and gangtas are wannabe dumbass posers who tag to be accepted by other people. But that doesn't give you the right to say or actually commit the act of shooting them on sight. Everyone said fuck you to Van Gogh as well as many many MANY other artists when they were alive and even many years after they were dead simply because they thought their art was hideous. Graffiti Art is a relatively new form of art but it's already started the path to mild acceptance. Who the hell know. In 100 years when LA is wrecked and you can't see 10 feet in front of you from the smog (I live near enough to LA [a.k.a Karkand] to know) that there could still be Graffiti Art masterpieces amongst the wreckage. I used spray paint to do a complete re-paint job to two old surfboards in my back yard. Let me tell you, how about you go use a minimum 2 inch paintbrush (the width of the spray of a spray can from a close distance) on a canvas to do detail work. Let alone a 6 inch brush. If you can prove to me you can do that then I'll consider revising. Until then don't be such an activist and extremist.

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2008-08-02 05:27:23)

BVC
+325|6705
Locally, one city makes convicted taggers wear fluro pink vests with "TAGGER" on the back when they're cleaning up their work.  Tagging has dropped 80% since this punishment policy has been in force.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6353|California

Pubic wrote:

Locally, one city makes convicted taggers wear fluro pink vests with "TAGGER" on the back when they're cleaning up their work.  Tagging has dropped 80% since this punishment policy has been in force.
Gee I wonder why....

I hate people who are unmasculinophobic. Figure out what i mean.
jsnipy
+3,276|6532|...

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Gee I wonder why....

un-masculino-phobic
* not scared of men?
* not scared of Italian men?
* not scared of Marianne Masculino

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-08-02 06:08:23)

xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6353|California

jsnipy wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Gee I wonder why....

un-masculino-phobic
* not scared of men?
Scared of coming off as un-masculine. Unmasculineophobic = Being afraid of being seen as un-masculine or afraid of the un-masculine.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

A topic close to my own heart, since a couple of friends of mine have just been sent to prison for 18 month sentences for graffiti. They weren't exactly just taggers, they were artists - even the judge acknowledged that:
Sentencing at Southwark Crown Court, Judge Christopher Hardy said he had to acknowledge that some of the graffiti written by DPM showed "considerable talent".
Bromley Times
There's been a lot of media interest in this, since it was pretty much the largest police operation to catch graffiti artists ever in the UK. There were quite prolific, even getting up (legally) on the set of Eastenders.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter … 68736.html
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u … 029655.ece

Paul and Ziggy were friends of mine and I'm very sad to see them given such a harsh sentence for something so minor.
http://www.myspace.com/supportdpm

If after reading some of these articles anyone here agrees, I'd appreciate it if you'd sign the petition to reduce their sentences.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-08-02 07:07:55)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

i think people who hire illegals should be shot on site.  what you think of that ATG?
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6353|tropical regions of london
I was arrested for tagging when I was 16.  IM not an illegal.  The people that I was arrested with werent illegal.  Most hispanics arent fucking illegal!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England

God Save the Queen wrote:

I was arrested for tagging when I was 16.  IM not an illegal.  The people that I was arrested with werent illegal.  Most hispanics arent fucking illegal!
Post your tag, use ms paint
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6353|tropical regions of london

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Post your tag, use ms paint
Im not happy about my younger days.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

Most hispanics arent fucking illegal!
easy killer.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6845|Kubra, Damn it!

Hakei wrote:

I'm going come over and make some "good art" on your house. By your reasoning, I'll be punishment free. After that, I might hold you down and tattoo some good art on your forehead. Leave me be.
Commie Killer
+192|6397

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I honestly think the US should make Prison Work Camps all along our southernborder and make them build/maintain the wall to secure our border.  Make prison suck for criminals again, motivation works well on a weak mind.

There are also millions of square miles of forest land that needs underbrush cleared, lock a shock collar with a locator on them and put them to work doing that.  I see criminals as free labor to bring down the deficit, wtf went wrong with capitalism in this country.
Because the ACLU would legally rape the State and Feds for lack of TVs and air conditioning.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command

S3v3N wrote:

ATG wrote:

They are nothing more than criminal vandals, and mostly illegal aliens.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - One man got stabbed. Another got shot in the chest. A 6-year-old boy was temporarily blinded when he was spray-painted in the face.

And they were the lucky ones among those who have had run-ins with graffiti "crews," or gangs.

Over the past 2 1/2 years in Southern California, three people have been killed after trying to stop graffiti vandals in the act. A fourth died after being shot while watching a confrontation between crews in a park.
I suggest no mercy, no warning. There should be a special order signed by Arnold to allow police and citizens to shoot these maggots down like the rabid chav dogs that they are.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id … _article=1
I'm sorry Alex but WHAT THE FUCK?

You scream about police brutality and blah blah blah.. but yet Idiots with paint cans deserve to be shot? 

they deserve to scub that shit off with a tooth brush and a can of WD40 while wearing a pink jumpsuit.
Fine. They should issue special permits, kind of like a hunting license.

I agree, keep the fuzz out of it.

Taggers should be shot.

If they want to make art, buy some paper.

https://www.fnfamous.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/2008-05-30-buket.jpg

This isn't art, it's vandalism.

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

right, define good art
Exactly.

Why the fuck would you say shoot someone on site for expressing themselves? Albeit 94% of all taggers and gangtas are wannabe dumbass posers who tag to be accepted by other people. But that doesn't give you the right to say or actually commit the act of shooting them on sight. Everyone said fuck you to Van Gogh as well as many many MANY other artists when they were alive and even many years after they were dead simply because they thought their art was hideous. Graffiti Art is a relatively new form of art but it's already started the path to mild acceptance. Who the hell know. In 100 years when LA is wrecked and you can't see 10 feet in front of you from the smog (I live near enough to LA [a.k.a Karkand] to know) that there could still be Graffiti Art masterpieces amongst the wreckage. I used spray paint to do a complete re-paint job to two old surfboards in my back yard. Let me tell you, how about you go use a minimum 2 inch paintbrush (the width of the spray of a spray can from a close distance) on a canvas to do detail work. Let alone a 6 inch brush. If you can prove to me you can do that then I'll consider revising. Until then don't be such an activist and extremist.
Did Van Gogh paint his neighbors barn, or did he use a canvas?

usmarine wrote:

i think people who hire illegals should be shot on site.  what you think of that ATG?
Whatever.
Shoot the gaddamned illegals.

I told you, I'm basically out of business.
jsnipy
+3,276|6532|...

xBlackPantherx wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Gee I wonder why....

un-masculino-phobic
* not scared of men?
Scared of coming off as un-masculine. Unmasculineophobic = Being afraid of being seen as un-masculine or afraid of the un-masculine.

Google.com wrote:

Your search - Unmasculineophobic - did not match any documents.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85

Hakei wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

But how is you or anyone else going to define "pretty"?
Why is it always definitions with you? Define this, define that. You know exactly what I mean by pretty, you know the difference between a good and bad piece, yet you want to make the point void because one out of a hundred might not like it?
Because defining art is impossible. You can't say this is art and this isn't, art is in the eye of the beholder. That's why it's not fair to some people to arrest them for making what they think is art, while letting others go because a select few think it's pretty.

Not to mention it is the biggest loophole on the face of the legal planet.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

ATG wrote:

OK.

Crack addicts are mostly Mormons.
Policemen are mostly bisexual.

Let's go around making wildly unfounded claims.

I am wondering about ATG's thought process: I hate taggers.  I hate illegal aliens.  Taggers must be illegal aliens.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-08-02 11:35:18)

ATG
Banned

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ATG wrote:

OK.

I am wondering about ATG's thought process: I hate taggers.  I hate illegal aliens.  Taggers must be illegal aliens.
How many gringos you see tagging Ken, for five hundred?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

ATG wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ATG wrote:

OK.

A lot of my friends and I did it in high school, for what it's worth.  Most of us are white-bread folk from upscale South Orange County.  Two even turned it into a career in art.

http://www.artconnect.com/category-s/116.htm
http://www.artconnect.com/Art-Connect-a … -s/114.htm

Perhaps you have seen some of ^^^ on some old buildings in Live Oak Canyon.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-08-02 11:55:40)

ATG
Banned

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ATG wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

OK.

A lot of my friends and I did it in high school, for what it's worth.  Most of us are white-bread folk from upscale South Orange County.  Two even turned it into a career in art.

http://www.artconnect.com/category-s/116.htm
http://www.artconnect.com/Art-Connect-a … -s/114.htm

Perhaps you have seen some of ^^^ on some old buildings in Live Oak Canyon.
Double Jeopardy.

( crowd claps )

If your upscale faux middle class cinder block wall gets tagged ( or should I say, your parents ) will  you admire it or feel like a crime has been committed?
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
+167|5789|loves Stimey <3 |
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg1-6Caz … re=related
I wouldn't want to shoot them.

Last edited by Ecilop Murof (2008-08-02 12:08:03)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard