Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6471|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Oooo boi...

IMDb wrote:

According to MTV News, producer Mike Medavoy said the upcoming big-screen version of “RoboCop” will likely be rated R. Darren Aronofsky will direct the flick, which is scheduled for release in 2010.
mr. Director

What the dude has done before:

Black Swan (2008) (announced)
The Fighter (2009) (pre-production)
The Wrestler (2009) (post-production)

The Fountain (2006)
Requiem for a Dream (2000) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pi (1998) !!!!!!
Protozoa (1993)
Fortune Cookie (1991)
Supermarket Sweep (1991)

This sure is going to be one weird ass film if he still makes anything near as Pi and RfaD was
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Haven't watched Req or Pi, I read the movie synopsis and gave them a miss.

Robo-Cop I don't have high expectations for. It's one of the weaker comic book \ hero figures that has any appeal imo.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ultrafunkula

Comicbook? Screw that. Original RoboCop flick was teh shit. Although ED-209 had some challenges to be authentic looking.

Pi then again is a weeeeeird movie. Don't watch it if you have a headache. You'll get bad ideas.

Requiem is a good story about how drugs are bad mkay?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Wasn't robocop also a tv series? (i always assumed it started as a comic book)

This was awhile ago and my memory is probably not that realiable, but i think the series went something like each week a bad guy with a hand gun would shoot robocop, the bullets would bounce off, and the bad guy ends up in jail. And this happened pretty much every episode. lol
Ultrafunkula

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Wasn't robocop also a tv series? (i always assumed it started as a comic book)

This was awhile ago and my memory is probably not that realiable, but i think the series went something like each week a bad guy with a hand gun would shoot robocop, the bullets would bounce off, and the bad guy ends up in jail. And this happened pretty much every episode. lol
You remember correctly. That TV show was awful. RoboCop 2 was already going downhill but was watchable and 3 was pretty much down the toilet. I actually don't know if it was a comic. Well anyhoo the first RoboCop was a kickass movie.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

That's probably why I didn't think to expect much from this movie.

wiki wrote:

RoboCop: The Series is a 1994 television series based on the film of the same name. It stars Richard Eden as the title character. Made to appeal primarily to children and young teens, the graphic violence that was the hallmark of RoboCop and RoboCop 2 is absent. Rather than killing criminals, RoboCop now has several non-lethal alternatives, which ensure that certain villains can be recurring.
lol!

I'll wait for the trailers though, cause you seem to think it's worth watching. Thanks.
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5752
"Give the man a hand"

"I'll buy that for a dollar"

Ahhh how do I love Robocop.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6379|the land of bourbon

TheAussieReaper wrote:

two of the best films ever made.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6826|Grapevine, TX
it will fail, just like every other good movie I grew up watching, follywood sucks these days
Ultrafunkula

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

it will fail, just like every other good movie I grew up watching, follywood sucks these days
Remakewood is out of ideas. Sadly. Hopefully Robo won't be a Guitar Hero athlete runnin around like Ben Johnson chasing evildoers listening to Limp Bizkit on his iPöd and hurling omfgkool oneliners. I really hope that our director gives the same amount of darkness to the movie as in the first one. We don't need another RoboCop3/T3...
RastaBlasta
+9|5744
F**k 'em. I'm calling this Robocop 4.

Where's your reboot now, motherf***ers!!?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

'You have twenty seconds to comply' BLAM
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

5 years later...

Looks better than I thought it would, although the real right hand looks out of place.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I was about to ask how the hell some of those old titles were merely announced or in pre/post, and then i saw the thread date.

e: What's up with one of his hands still being human? Or is it just a convincing robot appendage.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6736|Toronto | Canada

A bunch of these scenes were filmed at my school. I remember walking by him suited up a few times and having no idea what was going on.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.

AussieReaper wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

I read the movie synopsis and gave them a miss.

AussieReaper wrote:

read the movie synopsis and gave them a miss
i
don't
even

also:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I was about to ask how the hell some of those old titles were merely announced or in pre/post, and then i saw the thread date.
samesies. i was like, wtf website are you readin fool

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard