blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645

Turquoise wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Even if the offensive cartoons successfully riled the Muslims in Europe and aided racists against Muslims, the point was made clear: many Muslims do not understand or respect the freedom of speech.  Anyone who threatens to maim or kill others over being offended by a cartoon is not compatible with Western society and should be deported or imprisoned.
That was a tiny minority of Muslims who protested the cartoons, just as many Muslims have marched and protested against extremism and yet this is conveniently ignored by both the mainstream media and Islamophobes across the world.
Agreed.  The vast majority of Muslims are fine, but that minority of them that is extremist should be imprisoned or deported.
thats what I posted 2 I dont have problems with normal Muslims as long as no problems occur
paul386
+22|6245
I am not sure what Lowing is trying to get at with his live on your own and pay your bills crap. Someone can form an educated opinion without living in their own house?

Racism is not disliking someone, it is thinking you are superior to someone because of their race. You can hate a group of people because of their race, and thats not racism. Just as long as you don't think you are superior.

This ad that cropped up in this thread really humored me:

https://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4822/capturead0.jpg
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)

paul386 wrote:

Racism is not disliking someone, it is thinking you are superior to someone because of their race. You can hate a group of people because of their race, and thats not racism. Just as long as you don't think you are superior.
If you hate someone, you think they are a lesser person than you.

If you hate a whole race, just for being said race, then you are a racist.

There are no two ways about it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Which is why I'm in Australia
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
lol lowing
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
lol lowing
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire

paul386 wrote:

I am not sure what Lowing is trying to get at with his live on your own and pay your bills crap. Someone can form an educated opinion without living in their own house?
I agree, in lowing's world you have to have walked in his shoes to have a valid opinion yet he does not have to walk in anyone else's shoes to validate his own.

paul386 wrote:

I disagree, for me racism is the hating of a race based on preconceptions about said race. Feelings of superiority don't have to come into it, though they often do.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1 Braddock
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Braddock wrote:

paul386 wrote:

I agree, in lowing's world you have to have walked in his shoes to have a valid opinion yet he does not have to walk in anyone else's shoes to validate his own.

paul386 wrote:

I disagree, for me racism is the hating of a race based on preconceptions about said race. Feelings of superiority don't have to come into it, though they often do.
You do not have to walk in my shoes, but I believe that if you do not work,or pay bills, or have been charged with the responsibility of taking care of yourself, you know, like in REAL life, then you really are not qualified to tell anyone that does, how they are supposed to do it or that they are doing it wrong, or what they should be doing instead.

Nothing more nothing less.

As for the other, Braddock is correct.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
but I believe that if you do not work,or pay bills, or have been charged with the responsibility of taking care of yourself, you know, like in REAL life, then you really are not qualified to tell anyone that does, how they are supposed to do it or that they are doing it wrong, or what they should be doing instead
Wow Lowing, I didn't know you were the only person on earth who had a job, bills to pay, responsibilities etc.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

paul386 wrote:

Actually racism, sexism, prejudice etc are all to do with basing a negative connotation with someone merely because they are of a certain race/sexual preference/sex/etc Rather than basing that negative connotation on experience with that particular person.

Lowing is right he's not being racist hes being prejudice to Muslims.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

but I believe that if you do not work,or pay bills, or have been charged with the responsibility of taking care of yourself, you know, like in REAL life, then you really are not qualified to tell anyone that does, how they are supposed to do it or that they are doing it wrong, or what they should be doing instead
Wow Lowing, I didn't know you were the only person on earth who had a job, bills to pay, responsibilities etc.
I am not, only one of the few in this forum that does apparently. If my comment does not apply to you, then you really shouldn't be offended should ya?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Vilham wrote:

paul386 wrote:

Actually racism, sexism, prejudice etc are all to do with basing a negative connotation with someone merely because they are of a certain race/sexual preference/sex/etc Rather than basing that negative connotation on experience with that particular person.

Nope, I am being prejudice against ISLAM, I judge people individually. Based on actions, effort, and/or appearance
liquix
+51|6453|Peoples Republic of Portland

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

liquix wrote:

Anybody remember this? in 100 years, blue eyes will be gone from the human gene pool!
No they won't.

Or is that your point?
That's my point.

It was a blundering falsity, as is this.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Dilbert_X wrote:

Don't worry about that. He thinks I shouldn't have the right to an opinion because I haven't moved out of home yet.

Despite my 4 years at university, he see's me as unworthy of an opinion because I haven't paid taxes yet, or raised my own family. He probably feels offended that I'm only 21 too, and don't know what it's like in his so called "real world". lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

lowing wrote:

Vilham wrote:

paul386 wrote:

Nope, I am being prejudice against ISLAM, I judge people individually. Based on actions, effort, and/or appearance
Clearly you don't your own previous statements totally contradict what you just claimed.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I am not, only one of the few in this forum that does apparently. If my comment does not apply to you, then you really shouldn't be offended should ya?
It's not really offensive, it's just a fucking stupid opinion to have
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6542|Texas - Bigger than France
Well fellas...

...I remember 10 to 15 years ago hearing the same thing about the Hispanic population in the United States: the immigration rate was high and the birth rate was 2-3 times higher than the otheres.  I remember seeing the same logic in this thread...a general denial....a general "that's not true"...a general "never happen"....a general "that's ridiculous".

Increasing immigration + large positive fertility rate = lots of muslims
Negative fertility rate = less Europeans

Cultural friction + increasingly powerful minority = ????
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

Pug wrote:

Well fellas...

...I remember 10 to 15 years ago hearing the same thing about the Hispanic population in the United States: the immigration rate was high and the birth rate was 2-3 times higher than the otheres.  I remember seeing the same logic in this thread...a general denial....a general "that's not true"...a general "never happen"....a general "that's ridiculous".

Increasing immigration + large positive fertility rate = lots of muslims
Negative fertility rate = less Europeans

Cultural friction + increasingly powerful minority = ????
I have yet to meet any illegal immigrant who has voting rights. You must remember we started from a position of relative ethnic purity. The US did not. It willingly had wide open doors for years. There is no manner in which this so called 'invasion' can attain voting rights and we detain all those found and inter them in camps prior to shipping them out (which admittedly takes a couple of years of red tape). I'm not aware of anything similar in scale on the US-Mexico issue. The fact several south-western states have large indigenous hispanic populations and legal immigrant hispanic populations is what the problem is in the US. You also forget that European political parties are getting ever more anti-illegal immigrant by the day, in line with sentiment on the ground. I don't see any such thing occurring in the US.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6542|Texas - Bigger than France

CameronPoe wrote:

I have yet to meet any illegal immigrant who has voting rights. You must remember we started from a position of relative ethnic purity. The US did not. It willingly had wide open doors for years. There is no manner in which this so called 'invasion' can attain voting rights and we detain all those found and inter them in camps prior to shipping them out (which admittedly takes a couple of years of red tape). I'm not aware of anything similar in scale on the US-Mexico issue. The fact several south-western states have large indigenous hispanic populations and legal immigrant hispanic populations is what the problem is in the US. You also forget that European political parties are getting ever more anti-illegal immigrant by the day, in line with sentiment on the ground. I don't see any such thing occurring in the US.
Yep, that's the same kind of statement I remember from years ago.  I hope you guys were watching what happened.

I'll run the maths for you guys and post it in a couple days.  Maybe I can pinpoint the exact year.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Don't worry about that. He thinks I shouldn't have the right to an opinion because I haven't moved out of home yet.

Despite my 4 years at university, he see's me as unworthy of an opinion because I haven't paid taxes yet, or raised my own family. He probably feels offended that I'm only 21 too, and don't know what it's like in his so called "real world". lol
Not at all, I see it as if you have nothing you have nothing to loose, you have no ties to what you have worked for, only to what you were given.

Basically what I am saying is this, WHEN you have worked, paid your way, earned your possessions, your attitude toward life and those that want to sponge off of yours will change. Almost a guarantee.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Not at all, I see it as if you have nothing you have nothing to loose, you have no ties to what you have worked for, only to what you were given.

Basically what I am saying is this, WHEN you have worked, paid your way, earned your possessions, your attitude toward life and those that want to sponge off of yours will change. Almost a guarantee.
Mine didn't.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Mine didn't.
Ditto. It is just an unfortunate part of reality to be accepted. My disposable income is ridiculous, complaining about sponging would be pretty damn vulgar when all I'd be doing with the money is pouring it down my throat on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Vilham wrote:

lowing wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Clearly you don't your own previous statements totally contradict what you just claimed.
really? show me please
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

It's not really offensive, it's just a fucking stupid opinion to have
If it doesn't affect you don't worry about it, it is just an opinion

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard