Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6681
Yeah we all like Battlefield and like shooting and kill people wich is fun but im wondering if you guys like anime and if so what?

My favorite and the best anime i've ever seen is Berserk (yep thats the first part in my name) damn that anime was awesome really mad how it ended i hope they continue the anime cause its way passed in the manga.

Second favorite would have to be Devilman (from the 80's the 3 ova's very gorey i love amon in the third hes one of my favorite characters first thing he does is eat a little kid and blood squirts all over damn thats bad you just gotta love that guy.

Third would be Elfen Lied very sick and twisted story really shows what humans can be really be like also very gorey those are the 3 best animes i've ever seen.

Fourth would be Fist of the North Star really like that 80's style art in anime and it has nice fighting action and very gorey styles its good shit.

I also liked Violence Jack i mean it was kinda cheesy and crap story but that character is pretty nice hes so damn tall 12 feet tall.

I also say Great Teacher Onizuka is a classic it was not bad it wasnt amazing though but hes a classic anime character.

Also really liked Hajime no Ippo reminds me of little mac from nes.

Alot of other anime ive seen but pretty generic and boring so what do you like?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6840|-
La Blue Girl...
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

I did GTO for awhile, but I'm more of a Naruto, Bleach, One Piece addict. Helps that I understand japanese too so I can read the manga and just DL direct instead of waiting for crappy fan subtitles.
FoodNipple101
I like grapes.
+1|6751
I loved Cowboy Bebop pre airing on Adult Swim. But I really dont like Anime other then that. IMO I just dont like the way its done. Everything to me seems to be the same. You know the some weak hero comes up and stops some "unstoppable" evil. But whatever you like.
oberst_enzian
+234|6735|melb.au
GITS and GITS innocence are some of the best sf i have ever seen i reckon (the series tho, is so 'meh' - why did they have to dress the major like some cheap ass whore? really annoying - it patronises the viewer, like we're all fucking 12yo or something).

i like the studio ghibli stuff (Howl's, Naussica, and spirited away particularly)

also, spriggan, steamboy, akira...

read or die is cool, cowboy bebop, evangelion.

edit: forgot to add the Patlabor movies, which are awesome

it all started with Robotech for me too - back in the late eighties. anyone here a robotech fan?

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-01-15 18:54:38)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

BLEAAAAAAUUUURRRRRRKKK!!!!

Anime is terrible! Honestly people should go through their Pokemon stage, their DBZ stage, and then quit! My friends swear by anime. I try to tell them, "YOU"RE EIGHTEEN!!! GET A CLUE!!"
I've even hit them a few times to try and give them back some sence, but to no evail. They watch all these random as things that they swear are funny and cool, but no-one else agrees with them. I've even humoured them, and said "okay, I can't really be against it if I've never watched it," so I watched a few episodes with them, (from their vast Anime DVD collections which is a vast waste of money,) I remember a few names - Ghost in the Shell, (WTF,) and something about a high school that was funny at times but just embarassing the rest of the time. Honestly, I stand by what I ranted before. Anime is a piece of crap.

Anime is terrible, and watching 16+ year olds swap Anime DVDs and talk about the crappy animation makes me sick.

To be fair, some of the storylines are pretty cool, or they could be with many improvements. I could imagine a fairly decent movie being based on one or two of them, at least have the same kind of plot. However, having it animated is stupid, with characters that seem to insist on being 'cute' even when they're the bad guy who's been horribly disfigured. Sure he may be taking over the universe and only have one eye, the second being a swollen mound of pus, but the guy's fucking cute!

My last point regards the Anime aimed at kids now. I hear about them from my mates.
- 'Yu Gi Oh'
- 'Beyblade'
- 'Beda Battles'

In all of these episodes, are main charecter tries to save the world. In a save the world type thing, guns are used, death-rays, armies of millions, death! Destruction! Coolness!
In these they have different ways of confronting evil.
- 'Yu Gi Oh' - Playing cards.
- 'Beyblade' - Playing with spinning tops.
- 'Beda Battles' - Playing marbles.

HOLY FUCK!!!

Obviously the sole purpose of these shows is to hawk merchandise. Invent a new card game and soon parents will be forking out fifty bucks for ten cards for their kids, just so they can be like that starfish-headed freak with multi personality disorder. Suddenly spinning tops have come back to popularity from the twenties, as have marbles from the turn of last century.

I'm pretty sure you guys have the sence to avoid this crap and watch what Anime 'enthusiasts' consider "Art" instead; the aforementiond shows with the fairly good plots. However, I will still avoid this like the plague. I have given up on that group of my friends who watch anime, I just try to stay out of it, (unfortunatly one of them is the drummer in my band,) and offer a gental reminder accross the back of the head that they're too old to be watching cartons, (except the funny ones. Comedy is good in all it's forms as long as it's funny. The Simpsons and similar shows is exempt from being considered just 'cartoons.')
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6681
well you gotta stay away from gay anime like pokemon etc watch the ones i have listed.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6778|Perth, Western Australia
Well, does the original Transformers count as anime? I also watch the Ghost in the shell TV series sometimes
oberst_enzian
+234|6735|melb.au
well, obviously i disagree with you about this otherwise very entertaining rejoinder, as i have already listed my fav animes, but i will just say two things:

Tyferra wrote:

having it animated is stupid
apart from some serious stylistic decisions which, yeah, I do consider falling into the realm of 'art' that I really like, I also think that anime is great qua anime because narratives can be told that cannot be done with live action. This is something that seems to be on the decline given the advance made by cg, but there are times when I would far prefer watching an anime over a cg-laden movie... I can't really explain this, it's just a preference. Also, anime has a 'japanese-ness' about it that I really like. Nope, don't ask: can't explain that one either.

Tyferra wrote:

- 'Yu Gi Oh'
- 'Beyblade'
- 'Beda Battles'
I don't think of these as 'anime', i think of these as cartoons, partly for the reasons you name, but also for the reason that there is no 'artistry' to it. They're just shows for kids to watch on morning tv. You simply cannot compare them to the metaphysical, philosophical problems concerning consciousness that are being explored in the two Ghost in the Shell movies (tho not the series, bah!).
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6748

lol...i like anime and fuck whoever thinks yu gi oh is anime

watch some of Miyazaki's stuff like Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, or Howl's Moving Castle. Watch some Cowboy Bebop or Hellsing, Last Exile, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai Champloo, or Full Metal Alchemist. Or you could watch some Night Shift Nurses if you are in the mood for that sort of thing...

keep an open mind to the opinions you form. If you think that "American Idol" and the lack of brain cells therein summarizes all of American television or that all white people are like Eminem..well...there's just no hope for you
Aardcore
+60|6706|USA, Arizona

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

La Blue Girl...
LOL!!! YES!!! Short! Sweet and simple! Straight to the point with his answer! I love it!
Skinnister
+43|6718|UK
I LOVE ANIME, I got every and i mean every episode of DB,DBZ,DBGT and all the movies,gundam wing,beserk,full metal alchemist and many more........anime is life
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6836|Bryan/College Station, TX
Last Exile, Cowboy Beebop, Blood+, Full Metal Panic, Air, Speed Grapher, Honey & Clover

A bunch of others. I've been watching Anime for probably 8 years now. I've seen a lot of good ones and a lot of bad ones. Watched them before Adult Swim even existed, before Sailor Moon or Dragonball Z were even on US TV. I enjoy Anime, I enjoy the storylines, I believe they are much better than most American TV these days. Definiately more entertaining at least.

Of course I'm used to the Japanese culture having grown up with it's influence.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6781|England

Tyferra wrote:

BLEAAAAAAUUUURRRRRRKKK!!!!

Anime is terrible! Honestly people should go through their Pokemon stage, their DBZ stage, and then quit! My friends swear by anime. I try to tell them, "YOU"RE EIGHTEEN!!! GET A CLUE!!"
I've even hit them a few times to try and give them back some sence, but to no evail. They watch all these random as things that they swear are funny and cool, but no-one else agrees with them. I've even humoured them, and said "okay, I can't really be against it if I've never watched it," so I watched a few episodes with them, (from their vast Anime DVD collections which is a vast waste of money,) I remember a few names - Ghost in the Shell, (WTF,) and something about a high school that was funny at times but just embarassing the rest of the time. Honestly, I stand by what I ranted before. Anime is a piece of crap.

Anime is terrible, and watching 16+ year olds swap Anime DVDs and talk about the crappy animation makes me sick.
I Agree 100%.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6693|MoVal So-Cal
Love anime...
Top 5 for me are...
5. Azu manga Diaho (very funny and spontanious)
4. GTO (action and comedy as well as some very good voice acting/writing)
3. Samauri Champloo (lots of action, good story, and sometimes funny)
2. Full Metal Panic! (very very good mech action anime with some refreshing comedy thrown in)
1. Full Metal Panic? Fummoffu!!!! (the funniest damn thing i have ever seen, go and buy it because its all out and you will be rolling with laughter. reccomend that you watch Full Metal Panic! first though)
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6723|Uhh... erm...
Anime are fun, right now I'm mainly into Furuba (Fruits Basket) and Shaman King.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6703|Sweden
Lunar Bleach is ok, but it's not special in any way.
Skinnister
+43|6718|UK
If you LOVE anime like i do then you will appreciate this wonderful game animation movie clip from Onimusha3 http://www.wimp.com/animation
R.Rabshaw
+1|6671
No.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6681
I thought this died, but you know what i'd like? It would be nice if they made a Castlevania anime based on Symphony of the Night that would be awesome and the same good music like in the game.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826
Anime owns.
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic
Detective Conan(aka Case Closed)
Naruto(ONLY in the original Japanese, the voices SUCK in english)
Appleseed
Ghost in The Shell
Chobits
Escaflowne
Blue Gender
Lupin III
Witch Hunter Robin
Big O
Wolf's Rain
FLCL
Inuyasha
etc. etc. etc.

Oh yeah and DBZ SUCKS. All those Dragon Ball "anime" are garbage.

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2006-01-30 22:19:42)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826

FoodNipple101 wrote:

I loved Cowboy Bebop pre airing on Adult Swim. But I really dont like Anime other then that. IMO I just dont like the way its done. Everything to me seems to be the same. You know the some weak hero comes up and stops some "unstoppable" evil. But whatever you like.
Cowboy Bebop still airs on AS. I think onlyon sunday nights.. maybe it's saturdays.
Aardcore
+60|6706|USA, Arizona

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

La Blue Girl...
YES! LOL!!!
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6723|Uhh... erm...
No one else likes Furuba...?

/me huddles in a corner and cries.
Aardcore
+60|6706|USA, Arizona

Tetrino wrote:

No one else likes Furuba...?

/me huddles in a corner and cries.
I've actually never even heard of it, come to think of it, I stopped paying attention to anything about anime since... well my last collection was Goldenboy but that's about anything I took seriously, everything else is by word of mouth and what Cartoon Network or some other program has running anime as its undercover LOL

So what is Furuba?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard