chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

one of the other important things you'll need to do is figure out who's going to admin this server. Right now with the current one I really didn't do that (shame on me) which is part of the reason I think people are never there.

It'd probably be a good idea to start screening people for admin positions -- probably 3-5 would be a good idea.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

don't worry about that. I'll ask our second EU mod, SAS-Lynx. He is just 12 or so and has alot of spare time early afternoon. I'll do the most of the adminning myself.

joking, of course. I cannot let take bf2s.com more of my free time.  I have some people in mind ( namely the guy who pointed me towards i3d.nl in the first place, he is dutch ), and I'll contact a couple of them as soon as the deal is fixed.

bzw, I sent you a PM about the ad stuff.
B.Schuss

lol for the second time. we have another candidate, http://www.gameservers.net.

they sent a mail today asking for some details, site logs, visitors from Europe per week/day/month. I'll see wether I can get hold of that data. Problem is, just like i3d.nl, they also are a dutch company. I don't think either one of them wants to share ad space with one of their competitors on the same homepage....

Right now, gameservers.net is merely interested, while i3d.nl has already committed. Moreover, i3d.nl looks a little more trustworthy, being an EA trusted partner and stuff. So personally, I'd go for i3d.nl.

If course, if they don't mind sharing ad space, I'd be happy to get a server from both of them, one BF2, one SF...
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6819|Belgium

To add to the benifit of i3d.nl , I often play on their servers (you know it's in the benelux so the ping is great) and must say that I haven't encountered a problem on their servers, and 'like' the community in general.

Had some problems before with k-play.de and multiplay.co.uk; lost connection, foul play and such. But that can also depend on a specific clan playing there so... Just see what deals they are willing to offer

Cheers mate, and thanks for the effort.

R
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6714|Germany
great, does i3d.nl offer teamspeak-servers along with the gameservers?

i can't read dutch and in english is nothing written on it.
and b. as i said, give me a shout if u need some help with the administration.
B.Schuss

here we go....

"
Hello,

Looks interesting, do you have pricing available to us? Or might we be
able to help you out with free hosting in exchange for bannering?

Regards,

Robbert Louman
GameServers - Sales"

just great. After having had a look at our logfiles, gameservers.net seems interested in hosting a server in exchange for bannering.

Problem is, as mentioned above, they are from the netherlands also. I don't think they would want to share ad space with one of their competitors on the same homepage...

chuy? how do we proceed from here ? do we need 2 servers ? Alternative: how about gameservers.net sponsors a teamspeak server for our ranked server ?

comments ?
bigship
+0|6645
put auto kick and ban on ..

close all kick votes ... put 1 map on 7/24 and you got a full server soon ( warlord is cool )
and have a normaal but nice server name ..

Last edited by bigship (2006-02-14 16:16:37)

B.Schuss

you gotta be kidding me...

this just in via mail from our good friends at multiplay.co.uk:

"Hi,

Certainly! This won't be a problem

We're actually running a BF2 torunament at our upcoming LAN party, i27,
for £5000, so I've got some banners for that which can be used.

What size server would you be looking for?

Regards,

Robin 'RTO' Oldham
Multiplay UK Ltd."

so we basically have three offers on the table right now.

I already told i3d.nl, we are taking up theirs, but that was monday and I haven't heard from them since.
Don't know what's going on there.
Multiplay.co.uk are from the UK ( as most of you will have figured out already ), so we won't get into trouble with our dutch friends, I suppose...
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6819|Belgium

Hmm either have multiple servers... or play out the competition and get more out of the deal.

Anyways, great job...
R
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6714|Germany
bf2 + bf2:sf + bf:ef ?
B.Schuss

good news. Server is up and running. 64 slots, ranked

IP: 84.244.130.169:16567

Fill it up, guys. You demanded it, we got it for you, so now everybody get on there !
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6819|Belgium

I was planning on having a game later on...

Great work B!

Cheers,
R
voltage
+46|6839|Sweden
Yay! Peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly time!

Edit: perhaps you should change the name so that it starts with bf2s. Might be one or two who don't know about %.

Last edited by voltage (2006-03-03 06:24:14)

Herbmaster007
+-4|6740
Checked it out last night but it was empty.  Still, it's in my favourites now so whenever there's enough of you in there to get a game on, I'll come and show you how to die with dignity.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6834|Deutschland/Germany
Not many people will notice it in this thread. Maybe someone should put it into the "Announcement" box up there.

Btw: I cant find the server is it down?

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-03-03 13:55:44)

Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6706|NL
Cool the EU server is in Holland. That speeds things up...

only one small thing... what for freaking maps does it run? I mean... wake island? come on... thats the biggest CAMPERS - BOMB the freaking Ship with Camp China Jets - map in history of BF2. Seriously...it scks.

i prefer something like a city map (karkand)... but of course you need to keep both sides happy... but (plz) dont put in the Wake Island map...no, let me put it different. not with plz but..."you wont see me in that server if its running wake island"

poncho
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6661|The Netherlands
Suggestions for maprotation can be placed here http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16488

That means SUGGESTIONS...

Edit:  yes the server is currently unavailable  (I guess Schuss turned it off when he went out )

Edit2: thanks for moving and closing

Lt.Goldman

Last edited by Lt.Goldman (2006-03-03 15:40:58)

=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6819|Belgium

Actually that is a good idea...
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6836|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Lt.Goldman wrote:

(I guess Schuss turned it off when he went out )
I just saw no one but Schuss in there...all by himself
B.Schuss

mikeshw wrote:

Lt.Goldman wrote:

(I guess Schuss turned it off when he went out )
I just saw no one but Schuss in there...all by himself
well, I don't know. Goldman and I were on the server yesterday evening, having fun with the choppers when the server went down. I tried to restart it via the webinterface, but failed. 5 minutes later I receive a mail from our GSP telling me the server will be down from time to time over the weekend while they finish the tuning and stuff.

So there is nothing I can do about it. GSP assured me though that the testing will be through til monday.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6842|Bryan/College Station, TX
So I see a mention of it being in Holland. Which one of the three did you go with?
I'll log into it later tonight and see what kind of ping I can get from the US.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
karl
+11|6506|Oslo-Norway
when is every body gonna play?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

The BF2s Eu server has its on section in the forum, check the thread called *Meeting point on the Eu server*

We usually gang up around 20:00 your local time, click the link belove and find all you want to know about the server

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewforum.php?id=46
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
hus444
+0|6446|kuwait
may my ping 350 is that ok
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6743|The Island of Carls Jr.
Ive only played a good game once out of three in that server. I won and there were A LOT of people.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard