gurdeep
­
+812|4797|proll­y
lol tressel
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6580|Long Island, New York
lol i just saw that

Miami opens up against them at home this season. Wonder who'll take over.
gurdeep
­
+812|4797|proll­y
pryor out too lol
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6674|949

the ncaa/bcs sham is slowly being unraveled
gurdeep
­
+812|4797|proll­y
bout time. shit is a joke
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6453|'Murka

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Maybe they read Macbeth's NCAA/UoP rant thread?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6621|Columbus, OH
maurice clarett is now chiming in. from the sounds of it, he has grown a bit wiser.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6674|949

FEOS wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Haha.  I think they are slowly realizing the hypocrisy and that they can't just sweep it under the rug and pretend there isn't a widespread problem.  The ironic thing is in that thread we were discussing the benefit sports teams give to their schools and the pride people display.  It's largely excessive pride for schools demonstrated through slimy alumni/boosters that gets these schools in trouble with the NCAA.  Funny at the different ways the NCAA dealt with USC as opposed to Auburn though.  Punish USC after the fact, take no action for Auburn during.

loubot wrote:

maurice clarett is now chiming in. from the sounds of it, he has grown a bit wiser.
Jail time and a lack of a big league contract will do that from time to time.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6453|'Murka

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

FEOS wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Haha.  I think they are slowly realizing the hypocrisy and that they can't just sweep it under the rug and pretend there isn't a widespread problem.  The ironic thing is in that thread we were discussing the benefit sports teams give to their schools and the pride people display.  It's largely excessive pride for schools demonstrated through slimy alumni/boosters that gets these schools in trouble with the NCAA.  Funny at the different ways the NCAA dealt with USC as opposed to Auburn though.  Punish USC after the fact, take no action for Auburn during.
Part of that is the stupid, hypocritical, nonsensical rules that ignore reality that NCAA puts on student athletes and athletic programs. They make it nearly impossible to live without violating some nitnoy rule.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Roc18
`
+655|5833|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6580|Long Island, New York
guess it's almost a good thing i couldn't end up affording it

ho-lee shit

really wonder if they'll get the death penalty
Scratch[USA]
+105|6590

Poseidon wrote:

lol i just saw that

double lol  Miami opening against Ohio State

Last edited by Scratch[USA] (2011-08-19 03:30:39)

gurdeep
­
+812|4797|proll­y
triple lol, college football
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6692|Washington DC

Scratch[USA] wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lol i just saw that

double lol  Miami opening against Ohio State
It is being called the Ineligibowl.

Oh, and I doubt that Miami gets the death penalty ... there's too much money in college football to allow such a thing any longer.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6540

here in Salt Lake City, we have triple A baseball (the Bees, an Angels farm club) minor league hockey (the Grizzlies) and one pro team (the Jazz). i always wondered why football didn't have a farm league and if Utah could support a team if it did.

then the U of U had two undefeated seasons and i realized we already did.
Roc18
`

gurdeep wrote:

triple lol, college football
quadruple lol Georgia

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-08-19 11:52:39)

gurdeep
­
+812|4797|proll­y
aaron murray is a beast
Roc18
`

wrote:

“Who’s got the marijuana in the car?” Stallsworth asked shortly after approaching the vehicle.

“We smoked it all,” Harris replied.
http://www.registerguard.com/web/sports … e.html.csp
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6692|Washington DC

OK ... game weeks are on ... do you follow a team, and if so what is your prediction for that team?

Tennessee:  8-4 ... upset wins against both Florida and Georgia ... losses to Bammer, LSU, South Carolina and Arkansas

I'm making the 7 1/2 trip to go to the Cincinnati game in two weeks with my two sons. 
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6540

Utah, 8-4. they're in a new conference so i don't really know. it will be cool to see some PAC 10 teams on the hill.
Roc18
`
Boise State 12-0 and win the BCS effectively breaking the shitty system.
gurdeep
­
+812|4797|proll­y
ya prolly

aaron murray for heisman
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6540

Roc18 wrote:

Boise State 12-0 and win the BCS effectively breaking the shitty system.
Utah's gone undefeated twice, and never got a shot. this year's BSU team won't even match last years record.

a BCS champion is just that, since the BCS started we haven't had a true national champion.
gurdeep
­
+812|4797|proll­y
bcs champ = sec champ

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard