whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5252
fucking joke of a sport really. idk why i even support it
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas

FEOS wrote:

Had a similar, but less emotional, discussion with a UT fan last night. If the loss of a single player had that much of an impact on the entire team, then there are systemic issues at Texas. And you have to admit that the frosh started clicking after halftime, so the "McCoy got hurt" argument rings sort of hollow...it was a closer game than the final score would indicate.
Most accurate qb minus the rookie mistakes of the freshers could have easily been the difference in the game.

how many points did alabama make off turnovers?

now im not saying that there was no depth in our QBs, there clearly was no depth. It was colt or bust. I'm saying if colt was in whole game, it would have been much, much, different. If you think otherwise, you're kidding yourself.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5252
better luck next year
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
The SEC is the beneficiary of hype and a friendly perception, as well as a fortuitous opponents in the "championship" games. Utah or USC would have given Florida a better game (and beat them) last year, for example, and was saved from humiliation by Oregon in 2007 because of Dennis Dixon's knee injury.

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

well it sucks that you have to rely so much on one person in a team sport. if bamas qb went down, they still would have won because they have an amazing TEAM. oh and to rub it in a little more

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?secti … id=4807296

you guys really have no argument against the sec. try again next year, scrubs
I mean, two cracked ribs, treatable with painkillers and with no potential of altering future NFL prospects, is so comparable to a throwing shoulder injury. Nice try, though.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-01-08 15:33:43)

whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5252
did i say it was the same thing? fuck off please
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Bevo wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Had a similar, but less emotional, discussion with a UT fan last night. If the loss of a single player had that much of an impact on the entire team, then there are systemic issues at Texas. And you have to admit that the frosh started clicking after halftime, so the "McCoy got hurt" argument rings sort of hollow...it was a closer game than the final score would indicate.
Most accurate qb minus the rookie mistakes of the freshers could have easily been the difference in the game.

how many points did alabama make off turnovers?

now im not saying that there was no depth in our QBs, there clearly was no depth. It was colt or bust. I'm saying if colt was in whole game, it would have been much, much, different. If you think otherwise, you're kidding yourself.
Interception run back for touchdown =/= QB's fault. Totally the receiver's fault. The QB put the ball in his hands.

One interception downfield was clearly a maturity problem for the QB. He didn't see the DB waiting to poach the ball.

The fumble was questionable. I call that more of a blocking scheme problem than a young QB problem, but you could say a more seasoned QB would've sensed the pressure coming...but I think that's a stretch. I blame the line and backs for that one.

At least two downfield dropped balls were clearly the fault of the receivers. That young, inexperienced QB put the ball right where it needed to be and those older, experienced receivers brought skillets instead of hands (including Shipley).

I think putting the loss solely on the freshman QB's shoulders is bullshit and cowardly. He was clicking after halftime, as evidenced by a 21-24 score at one point. UT's defense played fairly well, with the exception of a couple of biffed plays (46-yard run right up the middle for a TD, similar play on the goal line for a TD). There's an entire team there, not just one player and if the coaches don't develop gameplans to account for the losses of key players, then they clearly aren't doing their jobs in preparation.

Then there's the fact that Alabama actually played a damn good game after the first couple of series, and their D played well the ENTIRE game (notice that even with McCoy in, UT could only get FGs with the field position they got handed?).
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

did i say it was the same thing? fuck off please
Kind of implied it. You don't really need to be a complete douchebag, especially when your team had no prayer of competing for the national championship this year.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-01-09 00:24:34)

whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5252
and yours did? at least we won our bowl game. once again, please fuck off
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas

FEOS wrote:

I think putting the loss solely on the freshman QB's shoulders is bullshit and cowardly. He was clicking after halftime, as evidenced by a 21-24 score at one point. UT's defense played fairly well, with the exception of a couple of biffed plays (46-yard run right up the middle for a TD, similar play on the goal line for a TD). There's an entire team there, not just one player and if the coaches don't develop gameplans to account for the losses of key players, then they clearly aren't doing their jobs in preparation.

Then there's the fact that Alabama actually played a damn good game after the first couple of series, and their D played well the ENTIRE game (notice that even with McCoy in, UT could only get FGs with the field position they got handed?).
I'm not blaming him for the loss, you're misinterpreting my point.

He is clearly less seasoned than colt to the point that it would have a major impact on the game. At least one interception, low completion percentage, inability to scramble, leadership skills, etc...

Bringing up the fact that Texas was down by 3 at a late stage in the game doesn't mean "he was doing just fine". Yes, he did find a rhythm, but to think that he's the same caliber QB as Colt during that time is completely erroneous.

Now if colt would have "won the game", how would we ever know? The O line looked shaky at times and a hot/cold run defense. There were clearly other factors. Honestly though if you don't think Colt staying in the entire game wouldn't have made a difference, that's just ignorant.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5252
better luck next yr
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Bevo wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I'm not blaming him for the loss, you're misinterpreting my point.

He is clearly less seasoned than colt to the point that it would have a major impact on the game. At least one interception, low completion percentage, inability to scramble, leadership skills, etc...

Bringing up the fact that Texas was down by 3 at a late stage in the game doesn't mean "he was doing just fine". Yes, he did find a rhythm, but to think that he's the same caliber QB as Colt during that time is completely erroneous.

Now if colt would have "won the game", how would we ever know? The O line looked shaky at times and a hot/cold run defense. There were clearly other factors. Honestly though if you don't think Colt staying in the entire game wouldn't have made a difference, that's just ignorant.
I firmly believe McCoy staying in the game would've made a difference in UT's performance, but I'm not sure it would've made a difference in the overall outcome.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't saying Gilbert/McCoy's injury was the reason UT lost. Unfortunately, I think Gilbert probably feels that way...and Austin/San Antonio media will probably reinforce that for him.

Last edited by FEOS (2010-01-09 09:14:11)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

and yours did? at least we won our bowl game. once again, please fuck off
Mine had double digit wins and was the conference champion, which is slightly closer to contention than an admirable 7-5 record. Also, could you kindly do this site a favor and grow the fuck up. You sound like a third grader.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5252
8-5*

ill take 4-4 in the sec over winning the pac 10 any year. and how about you do this site a favor and leave forever
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
Nah, 7-5. You don't factor in the bowl record when determining who is in contention for the title game. As it stands, Oregon had better regular season than Georgia did, despite your laughable statement that 4-4 in the SEC is superior to winning the Pac-10 (only conference apologists compensating for their own team's inadequacies would assert that.)

And seriously, me leave? I never would have guessed you'd say that. I would, but I feel the board needs a certain intelligence level to sustain itself, and that would be damaged irreparably should I cease to post here.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas

FEOS wrote:

I firmly believe McCoy staying in the game would've made a difference in UT's performance, but I'm not sure it would've made a difference in the overall outcome.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't saying Gilbert/McCoy's injury was the reason UT lost. Unfortunately, I think Gilbert probably feels that way...and Austin/San Antonio media will probably reinforce that for him.
Quite the opposite. Everyone I know had a positive reaction to Gilbert. The guy's got a freakin' cannon. I look forward to him being the starting QB. He has a shitton of potential, and under Maj. Applewhite, I'm confident that he'll do well.
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Fair enough. I honestly felt bad for the kid, because it was obvious he was putting all of it on his own shoulders. I can't feel bad for UT, being a diehard Sooner fan (and graduate), but I can feel bad for Gilbert as a fellow human being in spite of his clear poor taste in undergraduate schools.
― Albert Einstein

whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5252
lol at kiffin. i hope usc fails for years to come
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

That's some weakass shit. I have zero respect for coaches who pull that kind of shit.
― Albert Einstein

whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5252
nobody is worse than petrino
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Saban? I'm sure there's others.
― Albert Einstein

whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5252
neg. im soooooooo glad petrino did what he did, though. best thing to ever happen to our franchise
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6696|The Ville

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

neg. im soooooooo glad petrino did what he did, though. best thing to ever happen to our franchise
I hate that guy. He left UofL to go to the NFL to come back to Arkansas. We dealt with Kragcrap for 3 years 15-21 and now we have Strong as our coach. Top 25 again for UofL
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5252
well see about that
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6696|The Ville
Pitt lost to Utah in the first overtime game of the year by 3. USC's shaky defense kept giving Hawaii hope along with knockin Hawaii's QB to the ground. Couldn't ask for a better start to this years season. UofL versus Kentucky on Saturday is going to be a Strong game filled with hopes lol.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

Obiwan wrote:

... USC's shaky defense ...
Monte Kiffin doesn't realize that the Tampa 2 defense doesn't work against many of the NCAA offensive schemes.   I couldn't be happier for USC ...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard