t0mhank5
+319|6711|Surge

steelie34 wrote:

i like a joystick for heli.  you can do prettier tricks.

oh and make sure you swap the yaw and roll controls on the stick, or you'll find it difficult to stay steady.
psh, p(r)etty tricks. Dodge AA missiles in the HIND with your joystick, then come talk to me.

Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6239|Man Diego

The ultimate flying mouse

https://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee13/Perv3rt/trackballmouse.jpg

Pretty tricks sold separately.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

Perv3rt wrote:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee13 … lmouse.jpg

At least you don't run out of desk space.

My friend actually play's infantry with that mouse. I think he's nuts but apparently it works for him.
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6198|Daqing Oilfields?

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

lol so how u get out
You don't, every good pilot goes down with his equipment.

Like everybody said:

- Helicopter with mouse and keyboard
- Jet with joystick
And every good pilot also needs a way to get into his equipment, and its the same key so...
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.

JdeFalconr wrote:

Pfft. Joystick for both. [/scoff]
Same here

Although I always get raped in a chopper because of my slow response time .

I'm going to try getting used to M&K for chopper.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6380|the land of bourbon

t0mhank5 wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

i like a joystick for heli.  you can do prettier tricks.

oh and make sure you swap the yaw and roll controls on the stick, or you'll find it difficult to stay steady.
psh, p(r)etty tricks. Dodge AA missiles in the HIND with your joystick, then come talk to me.

lol no such thing as dodging missles in a hind.  flares are worthless so as soon as i get toned i start flying to base
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5998|Aberdeen, Scotland
Shooting silly Hind pilots with a tank is fun
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5763|Belgium

Perv3rt wrote:

Lol I have that mouse at work, maybe I should steal it O.o
Wallpaper
+303|5993|The pool

t0mhank5 wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

Mouse and keyboard FTW!

BTW, anyone know if its possible to make the sens higher than 10? (maybe via controls.con?)
get a mouse with adjustable DPI, preferably one that has little buttons on it to adjust it on the fly (see what i did there?).

Logitech G5, G7 both do that I believe. I have a G7.
Poo. I would get a DPI adjustable mouse, but I love my little HP travel mouse too much
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6368

blacklupus wrote:

Get some Logitech stuff for that.

G9 Mouse for inf and chopper.

Extreme3D Pro Joystick for jet.

And get a big mousepad if possible.
G5 is good too....

anyway i pwnd with bf2 with a 3$ mouse off the market, that thing still works but the g5 was nicer
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5763|Belgium

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

blacklupus wrote:

G5 is good too....

anyway i pwnd with bf2 with a 3$ mouse off the market, that thing still works but the g5 was nicer
Yeah, you sure can pwn people with a $3 mouse on Karkland with nades.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6368

Jebus wrote:

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

blacklupus wrote:

G5 is good too....

o_0 whut, im medic whore no nadespammer.......
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

Jebus wrote:

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

G5 is good too....

o_0 whut, im medic whore no nadespammer.......
Your 16 thousand grenades you've thrown says otherwise.
zVelocity
+13|5921|California

Perv3rt wrote:

ShugJr actually uses that exact same trackball...
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6745|Mexico City
Alt-f4
Ctrl+alt+del
Jage
<3
+4|5998|Finland, Europe

100% Irishpride wrote:

M&K - Heli.
Joystick - Jet
Usersettings - Inf
Merlin
+3|6555|Ireland
If you can get your hands on one of these
https://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk166/Merlin851526/st290_1.jpg
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6113|SC | USA |
Microsoft Sidewinder 2

/win
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6326|Australia
Mouse and keyboard for chopper, keyboard only for jet.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5994
M + K for chopper, K + Joystick for jet

Jet controls:

Joystick controls UDLR as well as firing prim/sec weapons. Throttle set to reverse

WASD, to control speed/the other left and right.
C for view change
F for weapons
1-4 for view change (quicker to get into flyby)
Etc etc
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5867|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I prefer joystick for both, I don't know for certain but even if you set the sensitivity and yaw etc. to 10 if you use a mouse, don't certain mice have a higher sensitivity anyway? If so, that would put you at a disadvantage if you were playing against someone with a higher sensitivity mouse, I think a joysticks easier anyway but a lot of people say mouse and key, I suppose they can both be as good as each other if you spend enough time practicing
Hakei
Banned
+295|5994

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I prefer joystick for both, I don't know for certain but even if you set the sensitivity and yaw etc. to 10 if you use a mouse, don't certain mice have a higher sensitivity anyway? If so, that would put you at a disadvantage if you were playing against someone with a higher sensitivity mouse, I think a joysticks easier anyway but a lot of people say mouse and key, I suppose they can both be as good as each other if you spend enough time practicing
Sorry to say but, a joystick pilot will never out do a mouse pilot, the joystick doesn't favor flying choppers one bit.

Also, if you set yaw/pitch to 10, I'm pretty sure that doesn't change a thing, yaw/pitch is a setting used for people to alter the ratio of mouse movement in relation to up down left right (Ie, 10 yaw 1 pitch will make you move 10 times up and down more easily than side to side, or the other way around)

Basic settings for chopper, apart from binding views to 1 2 3 and 4.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5867|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Ok well i never really fly a chopper, but surely they can be the same with practice (unless you are soloing) because I can do the spinning upside down thing and all the manuevers just as quick and well as with key and mouse, apart from I find it easier because you haven't got a mouse wandering all over the place lol but what makes you think the joystick doesn't favor choppers? Don't worry I'm not "having a go" if it seems like that, but I'm just curious as to why people are so certain M&K is so much better if you can do the same things with joy? I am talking about piloting not soloing btw, as unless you use macro with a joy, I can see where M&K would be better for solo there
Hakei
Banned
+295|5994

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Ok well i never really fly a chopper, but surely they can be the same with practice (unless you are soloing) because I can do the spinning upside down thing and all the manuevers just as quick and well as with key and mouse, apart from I find it easier because you haven't got a mouse wandering all over the place lol but what makes you think the joystick doesn't favor choppers? Don't worry I'm not "having a go" if it seems like that, but I'm just curious as to why people are so certain M&K is so much better if you can do the same things with joy? I am talking about piloting not soloing btw, as unless you use macro with a joy, I can see where M&K would be better for solo there
It's to do with the feel of a chopper, after 300+ hours in them I know that mouse and keyboard flyers really outdo joystick pilots, joysticks are really better for straight line movement, a chopper isn't about that, it's curves, flips and rolls - Being able to do  barrel roll is just one thing that you can on both a mouse and joystick.

It's hard to explain, I too thought a joystick would be great for flying (Joysticks are an extra toy, extra toys must be better right?) but after an hour of playing about with the mouse, I learned that you have so much more control over your chopper than if you just had a joystick, try it some time - you'll see what I mean.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5998|Aberdeen, Scotland

Hakei wrote:

Ie, 10 yaw 1 pitch will make you move 10 times up and down more easily than side to side, or the other way around.
I would like to see someone fly with settings like that

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard