stratozyck
+35|6631
Much has been made over the decades as to why blacks still lag behind in IQ scores, income, and have high incarceration rates.  All to often the answer becomes, "oh its a legacy of racism and slavery."

The answer and the real reason is known but kept really quiet.  Are you ready?

The percentage of black children born to single moms is 70%.  Thats right, 70% of black children are born to single moms.  In some areas it is much higher.  Also, the rate peaked at around 74% a few years ago. 

As late as 1950 the rate was 20%.  What happened? 

This is why no one wants to talk about it - it would muddy the name of LBJ and his Great Society program.  During the 1960s his welfare schemes actually gave more money to single moms than married couples.  So, a lot of black parents would divorce to get more money.  The rate shot up from 20-30% to 70%+ almost overnight. 

Of course, no one will ever talk about this in public.  The 60s value system says that if a woman wants to be a single mom, she should be.  Nothing wrong, no harm, no foul, no consequences.  In todays society the ultimate hero is the single mom that works and supports her kids.  No one in liberal America wants to admit that the conservative family of a mother and a father has worked best for millions of years, and continues to do so. 

So there you have it.  There are two generations of black children raised without fathers. 

I'm not going to bother to check this thread, I am sure I am going to get flamed for this.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
I agree that people who are raised without two parents are more likely to end up being fucked over. Infact, I can vouch for that by looking at my cousins...although they're doing pretty well now. Their child/teenage years they weren't exactly ontop of their game. So to say..

As to whether you're getting more single parents due to the welfare state, I don't think that's the reason alot of black people have grown up with single parents, usually mums...but I don't know the real situation over there, but my guess it's other reasons.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-07-22 10:06:23)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Maybe the trouble is the cause of the single parentage rates, rather than result.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon
yay for racism!
i cant believe this is getting left open, but whatever.

so, what about white people? will they have lower IQ scores, income and have higher incarceration rates if they are raised by a single mother?
i mean, if you have something to back this up with, then by all means, lets see it.

this just sounds like some shit you got out of the monthly klan newsletter.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK

Parker wrote:

yay for racism!

so, what about white people? will they have lower IQ scores, income and have higher incarceration rates if they are raised by a single mother?
i mean, if you have something to back this up with, then by all means, lets see it.

What he is saying isn't racist, he is not saying they are stupid because they are black, he is saying they are stupid because they have one parent. That could be influenced by many things such as living environment, culture, etc.
Parker
isteal

Vilham wrote:

Parker wrote:

yay for racism!

What he is saying isn't racist, he is not saying they are stupid because they are black, he is saying they are stupid because they have one parent. That could be influenced by many things such as living environment, culture, etc.
i didnt see him talking about anyone but black people.
i didnt see statistics for asians, hispanics or any other race...
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6619|Mhz

Apparently I should be a fuck up too, oddly enough I'm in a well paid, skilled job. I must be an exception to the rule.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Apparently I should be a fuck up too, oddly enough I'm in a well paid, skilled job. I must be an exception to the rule.
I'm not one to brag but, I'm not a retard either, high five! o/\o
Parker
isteal

The Sheriff wrote:

hey, we should start a club!
IRONCHEF
+385|6490|Northern California

Parker wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Parker wrote:

yay for racism!

i didnt see him talking about anyone but black people.
i didnt see statistics for asians, hispanics or any other race...
He's not being racist.  He does think he's got some unique news though, which is funny.  Yeah, don't want to blow LBJ's plan out of the water!  Keep it on the low-down! lol

He doesn't have to give stats on asians or hispanics because he's only talking about blacks.  I'm sure they have their issues too...though not as salacious or newsworthy as blacks. 

I'm of a religion that believes family is the source of all things good and bad.  When there's a complete family, nourishment, love, and education...you get good, wise, civic minded kids...when you have incomplete or dysfunctional families..then you are tossing a coin with the kids.  Sure, kids from broken homes can do just fine, but many times (perhaps the majority of times), they fail at everything and become the statistics the OP is talking about.   I agree with the OPs opinion on one point...that single moms aren't as good as a mom and dad in raising children.  DOes it make them more stupid, not necessarily...it isn't something so easily identifiable probably...does it lead to lessened ethics and poor choice making, hell yes..and that's what leads to bigger and badder things...  As far as this being a racial topic, I believe black culture assists in the decline of black families...it espouses the selfishness, the vanity, and the victim attitude we see daily in it.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6648|Washington DC

I'm not going to disagree with your statistics ...

I work regularly with inner city blacks, but I can tell you that your conclusion is only partially correct.  Here are some of my observations based on interactions with hundreds of blacks in Washington DC who are struggling (homeless, poverty).

(1)  At the root of the problem is an epidemic attitude with black males in the inner city.  I assume that it emerges from racism.  This attitude is both one of defeat and one of self-centeredness.  They have no hope in anything but themselves, and they tend to collapse into only trusting themselves.  Some churches try to preach a message of strength, but the experience of most inner city youth still results in defeat ... and peers in youth discourage academic excellence and participation in the institutions of the "whites".

(2)  Black males, who have collapsed into this self-centered mode, do not take on any responsibility for children.   Young males do not have quality mentors ... in fact, the most prominent mentors they have are gang leaders and drug dealers who give them some semblance of hope (well, until they are incarcerated).

(3)  Those black males who emerge out of this environment and make it to adulthood have poor educations, poor values, and a whole host of attitudes that are socially destructive.

(4)  If they can manipulate the system, they might get on some sort of social program ... welfare ... or, more frequently, they attempt to get social security disability.  Once on this system, they are effectively now in modern slavery.

(5)  It is a myth to think that black females have babies to get bigger welfare payments.  That is ignorance.  In the black inner cities, having children is a status symbol.  It gives them a sense of importance and worth.

So, yes, welfare systems contribute to the problem ... but it is much deeper than that.
Mavik
+22|5775|Germany
I wouldn't be surprised if the single-mom-rate were increasing throughout all ethnicitys.
What we over here in Europe hear from US sex-ed, the Bush government enforces the "Dont ya do it" in favor of the "If you do it use a condom" policy. Resulting in teenagers doing it anyway but knowing nothing about it.
IRONCHEF
It's not a myth that recipients of welfare (mothers) will have more kids to get more cash.  It can be a status symbol and financial derivative at the same time equally.  Watch some documentaries over the last 30 years or so discussing welfare, ghettos, and crack ho's.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-07-22 10:40:56)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715

Mavik wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the single-mom-rate were increasing throughout all ethnicitys.
What we over here in Europe hear from US sex-ed, the Bush government enforces the "Dont ya do it" in favor of the "If you do it use a condom" policy. Resulting in teenagers doing it anyway but knowing nothing about it.
Haven't heard of the "Don't ya do it"  campaign...lol...
Love is the answer
OrangeHound

IRONCHEF wrote:

It's not a myth that recipients of welfare (mothers) will have more kids to get more cash.  It can be a status symbol and financial derivative at the same time equally.  Watch some documentaries over the last 30 years or so discussing welfare, ghettos, and crack ho's.
It is a myth ... I work the streets ... I'm even intimately involved with organizations that work with mothers who are having children.

Sure, you'll be able to find some black women who have babies for welfare payments, and they'll tell their stories to someone doing a documentary ... but, that is not the predominant reason, and it is not the motivation for moms.
IRONCHEF

OrangeHound wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

It is a myth ... I work the streets ... I'm even intimately involved with organizations that work with mothers who are having children.

Sure, you'll be able to find some black women who have babies for welfare payments, and they'll tell their stories to someone doing a documentary ... but, that is not the predominant reason, and it is not the motivation for moms.
I wasn't saying it's the only reason, or when it is "a reason" it's not just the primary one.  I'm just saying that it is something considered in having more children (or even, not aborting one).  And sadly, I have no doubt that there's crack ho's who feed their habit by having more kids to increase those payments.

Yes, welfare is something that perpetuates ghetto lifestyle.  I see it in the form of section 8 dwellers that have utterly RUINED my city here in California.  Free government money to pay the majority of rent...free government money for food and other subsidy so you can sit on your butt all day playing stolen console games, or go out and shine your 22's on your new escalade...or, for the real go getters, go out and burglarize neighboring wealthy cities while they're at work paying for your welfare.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6462|meh-land
It is largely because the black culture in america glorifies violence and crime...

same thing for hispanics, probably due in part to racism in the old days, and because minorities like to stick together
they rebel against society, and this rebellion become so integral to their culture that even when it is unnecessary they still abide by it

tbh
IRONCHEF

Blehm98 wrote:

It is largely because the black culture in america glorifies violence and crime...
I think that's more "American" culture.  But yes, black culture puts a nice twist on that..and adds way more vanity, way more promiscuity, way more selfishness, and many other bad ethics...moreso than the rest of America.  Watch a rap video.  Then watch a country music video.  Can't get much more contrasting than that.
OrangeHound

IRONCHEF wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

I wasn't saying it's the only reason, or when it is "a reason" it's not just the primary one.  I'm just saying that it is something considered in having more children (or even, not aborting one).  And sadly, I have no doubt that there's crack ho's who feed their habit by having more kids to increase those payments.

Yes, welfare is something that perpetuates ghetto lifestyle.  I see it in the form of section 8 dwellers that have utterly RUINED my city here in California.  Free government money to pay the majority of rent...free government money for food and other subsidy so you can sit on your butt all day playing stolen console games, or go out and shine your 22's on your new escalade...or, for the real go getters, go out and burglarize neighboring wealthy cities while they're at work paying for your welfare.
You won't get any argument from me that TANF and Food Stamps (and other assistance) perpetuates the ghetto lifestyle.  It is modern slavery in my opinion.  By the way, I believe that the combined TANF/Food Stamp benefit is about $280 per child per month.  Not much, and defiantly not a reason to have a kid just for money.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England

I only said some not all people raised by single parents. But tbh, Parker....I've heard what you've done when you were my age....

I'm not saying i'm an angel because I've grown up with two parents, far from it. Infact, infact I'll tell you this. My cousins who grew up without a mum taught me more about being a decent person and having values than anyone else. And it stems down to the fact that they knew that they weren't exactly on the "straight and narrow" and didn't want to see anyone else fall off. If you get me.

I started ignoring everything they said towards the end of high school and in Uni though, and that's when I started doing weed and shit properly lol. Although all that drugs/sex/alcohol and generic "bad lifestyle" hasn't nearly affected me as badly as it has others

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-07-22 11:07:45)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

OrangeHound wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

I work the streets ...
Tell me I wasn't the only one that spotted that gem.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5790|Dublin, Ohio
braddock or cam will call you a racist sir.  run for your life
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6356|CA, USA
failures of traditional family unit and faith based support in the community are contributing factors into why certain ethnic groups have more troubles than others. 

Also, cultural values play an enormous role here.  Certain ethnicities place value in the 'woe is me' rather than the 'pull up by bootstrap' mentality.  is it that they think they are owed something?  why?  when is enough enough?  when is the debt paid in full?  for that matter, why should i have to pay (and my children and childrens children) for something that i didn't even do?  my family came to US on boat from Eastern Europe in early 1900s - we didn't have anything to do with slavery or segregation or oppression.

Unfortunately some groups appear to be milking the system more than others and why not - the govt enables them to do this.  it would be much better to provide these people with effective job training and educational programs, bolster the faith based community programs, and also through concerted efforts to make gangsta lifestyle LESS appealing.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6735|Salt Lake City

I don't the single mother factor and welfare as large of role as you think they are.  Since "No Fault" divorce came about in the 60s the divorce rate in this country is hovering near 50%, and in 98% of cases the mother ends up with the children, but you don't see incarceration rates increasing that dramatically within other groups.  And as Hound noted, there is a strong belief among the black community that if you are successful you have sold out to "whitey".
13rin
+977|6478

Parker wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

hey, we should start a club!
Shit, Pops grew up without a dad.  He was a helicopter pilot for the Coast Guard 28 yrs, retired as a Captain at 48 yrs old to the FL keys.  He has a very nice quality of life... I don't agree with the OP.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard