All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK

ghettoperson wrote:

m3thod wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

what would you know, you don't shave.

Que racist irish karma
Ya half right.  I shave twice a week.

lawl I'm a anomaly amongst all the bearded uncles in my tribe.
Twice a week? Really? Doesn't work mind?

I use a Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium. I only allow titanium near my face. However a lot of the time I'm bearded, because as someone previously pointed out, beards fucking rawk.
doesnt grow fast enough to need to shave every day.  It starts to look unprofessional late Wednesday, by then it's time to go home.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Smithereener
+138|6314|California
Used this one when I got a free sample.
But prefer these for some reason. For some reason, 2 blades feel the most comfortable for me. Plus, these are cheap.
On a related note - do you guys use shaving cream? My friends think I'm bullshitting when I say I just use water and I've never cut myself (except once when I moved the razor sideways on my face like a dumbass).
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5866|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I've never tried a straight blade, but from reviews it definately gives a closer shave than anything else. I tried an electric but couldn't stand it, I could shave with an electric and have enough hair left to be able to shave quite a bit off straight after with a manual razor. Best razor I ever used like other people posted is Gillette Mach 3 the newest one with 4 blades and 1 on back it's really comfortable and gives a very close shave, the only problem with it is the blades are so expensive! I'm not the type of person who likes to use blades more than once, but as they are so expensive I'd use a Mach 3 blade about 3 or 4 times before chucking it (if it's not blunt by then), but being low on funds I'm just using Tesco's own fixed head and swivel head (wannabe Mach 3's) disposables- which aren't that bad actually. Bic's are terrible I hate the way you have to hold them at an accurate angle just for the blade to work, plus they cut me on the bottom of my neck 100% of the time, and they get really dirty quick, plus they come with this annoying hole in the handle so that water pours out the bottom of it all the time- if you want cheap one's I'd go with Tesco's own brand, if not then definately Mach 3 Fusion

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2008-08-06 15:07:10)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...

Smithereener wrote:

On a related note - do you guys use shaving cream? My friends think I'm bullshitting when I say I just use water and I've never cut myself (except once when I moved the razor sideways on my face like a dumbass).
Yeah, I do.

I don't believe you either :p!
inane little opines
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK

dayarath wrote:

Smithereener wrote:

Yeah, I do.

You're right, but you need to wait 2-3 minutes before the hair is totally saturated until you can shave without any foam or oils.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Zimmer wrote:

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/content/eb … 3200_m.jpg
Got it free, haven't changed since.
Same as me. How cool are we?
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6547|UK

Most manly thread eva
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5866|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I haven't tried the Wilkinson Quattro, can anyone compare to the Mach 3 Fusion? And are blades cheaper/dearer? Or the same?
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5752|Roma
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...

m3thod wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Smithereener wrote:

Yeah, I do.

You're right, but you need to wait 2-3 minutes before the hair is totally saturated until you can shave without any foam or oils.
well suit yourself, I just use the shaving cream :p.
inane little opines
Brasso
+1,549|6629

ghettoperson wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/content/eb … 3200_m.jpg
Got it free, haven't changed since.
Same as me. How cool are we?
I got the regular version free (orange instead of the grey), haven't changed since.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Smithereener
+138|6314|California

dayarath wrote:

m3thod wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Yeah, I do.

well suit yourself, I just use the shaving cream :p.
Maybe it's cause I don't grow much facial hair (it grows very sparse/thin), I just wash my face, shave, then wash my face again. No cuts at all.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
I always used to shave with just water and never ever cut myself. And that's just wetting my face with warm water as well as the Razor. However I got a load of gift boxes at Christmas with Deodorant/shower gel/cream and that and so started using it.
Smithereener
+138|6314|California

jord wrote:

I always used to shave with just water and never ever cut myself. And that's just wetting my face with warm water as well as the Razor. However I got a load of gift boxes at Christmas with Deodorant/shower gel/cream and that and so started using it.
Do you feel a difference? Is it better? If it is, I might as well try it.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD

NateWiese wrote:

Had a gillette fusion. used it twice and went back to bic disposables.

http://www.makingthemodernworld.org.uk/ … 884_zp.jpg
Yeah, I use those too but they're blue and I use the same one as long as I can.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2008-08-06 16:45:43)

jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

Smithereener wrote:

jord wrote:

Do you feel a difference? Is it better? If it is, I might as well try it.
It's been a few months since I just used water but the difference is minuscule. I don't think I'll be buying my own cream, I'll either get it as a lame gift or not use it.
BlackKoala
+215|6323
Warm water is fine for me if I run out of shaving cream.  I just let a towel moisten my face for a minute or so, with warm/hot water.  I just make sure to use a good after shave, and no need for cream.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5984|Aus, Qld
Umm mach3 i think, its the one with the buzzy thing, which noone uses
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5963|London, England

bakinacake wrote:

Umm mach3 i think, its the one with the buzzy thing, which noone uses
theres a commercial that has derek jeter hitting balls at you if you use a mach 3
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Mavik
+22|5775|Germany

Bell wrote:

Most manly thread eva
´
Is that so? Exchanging beauty tips and all? ;o)
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6392|The Gem Saloon

Mutantsteak wrote:

derek
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6715|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Nothing else really gives me a close enough shave tbh.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
aight I guess parker wins this thread, those things look way cool.

how do you shave with them though

(I bet you made that one yourself?)
inane little opines
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6233|S.A. Australia

Smithereener wrote:

I dont use shaving cream either, I only use water and I haven't cut myself yet...(how tough am I)
Serious Flex
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
bamp

I use the one in the OP. It's awsm.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard