HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC
http://rawstory.com//news/2008/American … _0717.html

TL;DR: Basically, KBR did shoddy work with electrical systems and showers. In turn, a few soldiers have died from electrocution and many more have been jolted by this shitty construction.

But the internal documents, including dozens of memos, e-mail messages and reports from the Army, the Defense Contract Management Agency and other agencies, show that electrical problems were widely recognized as a major safety threat among Pentagon contracting experts.
Slimy, slimy company. Same company that hired that woman that was later apparently gangraped by fellow contractors. And their company contract essentially protects them from all litigation against them. WTF?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
Well, I guess it's time to dust off my Dragunov.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
war profiteering is the lulz
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5792|Dublin, Ohio

Turquoise wrote:

is your sig making fun of me?
Turquoise
O Canada
No actually...  I really liked it.  Take it as a compliment.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK

usmarine2 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

is your sig making fun of me?
YES! Turq thinks you're a uber dork.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Turquoise
O Canada
Religion would seem to be one of the few areas we agree on.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5792|Dublin, Ohio

Turquoise wrote:

Religion would seem to be one of the few areas we agree on.
like the vatican hiding nazi war criminals and smuggling them to places like argentina?  love religion.
Turquoise
O Canada
Catholicism puzzles me almost as much as Islam.  I don't see how anyone can have faith in such a corrupt institution.  Believing in Christ is one thing, but believing in a Church known for so much proven evil....  it's hard to figure out.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-07-18 16:15:38)

topthrill05
+125|6579|Rochester NY USA
I would be willing to bet many followers of the Catholic Church or any church for that matter don't  have a clue about their history. For many it's still because mommy said you would go to hell. Or the lack of understanding that the Bible is the basis for the institution and that they are separate.

Shit that's why I believed for as long as I did. Fear.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6344|tropical regions of london

Turquoise wrote:

i bet

Turquoise wrote:

Catholicism puzzles me almost as much as Islam.  I don't see how anyone can have faith in such a corrupt institution.  Believing in Christ is one thing, but believing in a Church known for so much proven evil....  it's hard to figure out.
but you defend slavery as a southern cultural institution

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-07-18 20:24:22)

ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5828
I'd laugh if the contractors who don't speak English are doing this on purpose because they want to cause damage to the US Army.

Kind of like Schindler's List, but more poetic, what with the US using the electric chair and all.

Not that I think it's likely.
Turquoise
O Canada

God Save the Queen wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

i bet

Turquoise wrote:

but you defend slavery as a southern cultural institution
Incorrect,  I defended slavery as an economic institution.  It had nothing to do with the cultural aspect.  And yes, given the situation, they were seen as property, not humans.  I'm not saying that made it right, but it was rather unrealistic for the North to expect the South to just drop slavery when its economy depended on it.
Turquoise
O Canada

ZombieVampire! wrote:

I'd laugh if the contractors who don't speak English are doing this on purpose because they want to cause damage to the US Army.

Kind of like Schindler's List, but more poetic, what with the US using the electric chair and all.

Not that I think it's likely.
Yes, electrocuting random people is so poetic.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5828
Well, if you're of the opinion that they're murderous invaders it is.

Not that I am, but if it were done on purpose those who did it probably would be.
Turquoise
O Canada

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Well, if you're of the opinion that they're murderous invaders it is.

Not that I am, but if it were done on purpose those who did it probably would be.
Eh, fair point.  If that really was the case, it would be a great excuse to withdraw immediately.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard