Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6326|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Oh my lawd. Sorry PS3 guise, but this takes the cake. SEXBAWKS HERE I COME
:blacKOut:
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6306|'Merica
http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/default.htm  'nuff said

I would defiantly go with the xbox.  Plus, playing online with your friends is good times and GoW2 is only 114 long days away.

Last edited by :blacKOut: (2008-07-16 18:03:34)

lilbaily2
+12|6682|OH
if you get a 360 go ahead and call xbox support so you can have your shipping box ready in a few months once it dies. im waiting on my 3rd repaired 360 to come back. All i can say is at least my ps3 doesnt have the RROD
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6037|Belgium

Undetected_Killer wrote:

I am in serious thought over this. I really want an Xbox 360 because all my friends have it, so we could play CoD4 and Gears of War (which is the absolute sex) together, but at the same time, Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2 look really good for the PS3, not to mention MGS4, which looks amazing. So, which one guise?
The thing is if you want to play with friends you might consider the xbox 360, if you just want to play Resistance and MGS 4 with bf2s/trackr you'd better get the PS 3.

I own a 360 and I played on my friends' PS3, the PS3 controller is way lighter and the dashboard feels faster on the ps3.
The xbox has IMO a better controller for FPS, I found the analog sticks on ps3 to flicky.....

My 2 cents...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6731|Devon, England
Consoles for me are all about multiplayer with friends, and the occasional good singleplayer game.

For me, 360 was the obvious choice. It had Halo, my friends had one, and I loved a load of other games for it (Ace Combat, Gears of War, Guitar Hero).

I've never had a hardware failure with it, either.

I've played on a PS3 a few times, and I don't like the controller for FPS games at all. It's way to small. The shoulder trigger buttons are shocking, in my opinion, and I hated this bug on CoD4 where it wouldn't invert the look.

So yeah, 360.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5875|Australia
PS3, i played bad company a few days at a mates place and it was absolutely terrific, its a really good console game, especially for somebody who is coming from PC gaming, but the driving is kinda retarded.

oh, and VSS FTMFW
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6731|Devon, England

Acreta wrote:

PS3, i played bad company a few days at a mates place and it was absolutely terrific, its a really good console game, especially for somebody who is coming from PC gaming, but the driving is kinda retarded.

oh, and VSS FTMFW
Bad Company is for the 360, too...

And yeah, what's up with the driving in it?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6713|Colorado
When it's too hard to make a decision then the only choice is to get both, why limit yourself.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5875|Australia
yeah, if your totally LOADED.

the driving is wierd, L1 to go and L2 to reverse, its just...odd.

id have X to go, square to reverse, and R1 to shoot, R2 to..idk, tow or whatever and triangle to get out (vice city controls)
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK

Acreta wrote:

id have X to go, square to reverse, and R1 to shoot, R2 to..idk, tow or whatever and triangle to get out (vice city controls)
X does go and [] does reverse, it uses both sets of controls.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6661|London, England
these kind of threads make baby jesus cry
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6798|Argentina

Acreta wrote:

I totally agree, I hate the new controls.  X to accelerate and the directional buttons to move around you fucking morons designing games.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|6014|England

i like using the shoulder buttons to accelerate etc, its easier to control your speed

Last edited by SamTheMan:D (2008-07-17 11:09:38)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6578|Long Island, New York

Acreta wrote:

I have both and I'm not exactly what you'd call "loaded".
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6798|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

Acreta wrote:

I have both and I'm not exactly what you'd call "loaded".
We know you are on the Fortune's 500 list dude.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK
lol serg. You can change the controls in options. I don't even have the game and I know this. Seriously nab.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6798|Argentina

Vilham wrote:

lol serg. You can change the controls in options. I don't even have the game and I know this. Seriously nab.
GTA IV?  I searched all over the options.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK
No BF:BC which is what he was talking about.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6310
BFBC gives you one other option, and its even worse than the default.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6327|eng
Not worth it.
#rekt
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6533|Land of Cotton
For your consideration: If you fancy movies, the Bluray tech won the race for that format war. The PS3 is a Bluray movie player in a box so you could weigh that as part of your purchase consideration.
MECtallica
+73|6545|jalalabad
Get a ps3

A lot of games on the xb360 has gone to PC or is going to PC

It's not like that with PS3, don't think the PC will ever see MGS4
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6754|Purplicious Wisconsin
If it was that cheap I would buy one and mail it to Undetected_Killer so he could have both. But go for the xbox 360, you not only get to play with your friends, but with me too, and its price tag is now $300(they dropped the price recently) compared to ps3's $400 price tag.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard