DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
It also appears that Hurri has had one for quite some time and didn't tell anyone about it, but has since stopped.

I'd like to help here, but all of this tech talk about ppds, clients, and whatnot is Greek to me.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

I searched but couldn't find hurricanes group.

I'll walk you through installing if you like
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
warhero1
Eon8 failure:O
+12|6447
Just downloaded [email protected] it all up and running on my Q6600.  Also started it on my PS3.  Going to get it on running on my 8800GTS once I get my new fan, stock one broke.

Last edited by warhero1 (2008-07-17 15:28:00)

max
Vela Incident

nice. Welcome to the team. What kind of of GTS do you have?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
warhero1
Eon8 failure:O
+12|6447
8800gts 640mb
max
Vela Incident

should give you between 4000 and 5000 ppd depending on the clocks
max
Vela Incident

Overclocked my Sever. It's running a X2 4800+ (G2). Dropped the multi down to 12, upped the"fsb" to 250. So far rock stable @ 3.0. Due to the Vdroop I'm actually running below stock voltage (1.325V vs. 1.35V). Pretty nice little chip there
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5813
Aw crap. I was thinking in the last few days "why is the the gpu client always calculating "test protaine A"? And when it finished 100%, it just went further with the calculation untill I closed the app (it goes 101% 102% etc.). well I hadn't installed the proper nvidea driver :S :S. All those calculating hours for nothing :S. Well it's working now...

I'm not running the cpu-client anymore, to slow IMO.
max
Vela Incident

I did point out the need for a special driver in the guide

consider installing the smp client. It will give you more points on the CPU, but can't be run as a service. You always have to have the dos window open/minimized. You'll also need to install this
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5813

max wrote:

I did point out the need for a special driver in the guide

consider installing the smp client. It will give you more points on the CPU, but can't be run as a service. You always have to have the dos window open/minimized. You'll also need to install this
yeah I misread the driver part in your guide .
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫
yaai moved up to the 3rd position,    almost at 10K
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
max
Vela Incident

wow, nice amount of points you gained there. Submit a SMP WU?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Sigh, I'm gonna drop down the leaderboards very fast, because I can only fold 4-6 hours per day
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫

max wrote:

wow, nice amount of points you gained there. Submit a SMP WU?
1 smp WU and some GPU WU's
max
Vela Incident

makes sense. 2 of my SMP WUs are due to submit sometime tonight . That is if my PC doesn't decide to throw a EUE
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6190|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
This is an option on the PS3 also, i can just leave that idle and join
max
Vela Incident

Great. Welcome to the team. The PS3 should net you about 900 ppd.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6138|New Jersey
Does the v5.91 SMP client work with 64-bit windows?  Because v5.92 does not.
max
Vela Incident

5.91 works. Running it as a service does not, so you'll need to leave the  "dos" window open/minimized
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6598|S.C.
Ok my new E8200 (stock @ 2.66GHz) is on to this, and downloading the GPU2 thingy to get my new 3870 going aswell.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫
good,  are you running the SMP client?
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6598|S.C.

menzo2003 wrote:

SMP? I am using the 6.1 client demonstrated in the OP.
max
Vela Incident

mikeyb118 wrote:

menzo2003 wrote:

SMP? I am using the 6.1 client demonstrated in the OP.
SMP is the multi core version. Trouble with it is that it's still pretty buggy and will sometimes loose the WU it's working on. It does give you more points though ...
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6138|New Jersey
I just installed the SMP client and my CPU is is getting 793 PPD compared to the 300 PPD it was getting with the regular client.  Cool.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

oh gawd, of course this starts when I'm on vacation

I'll be back for a couple of days this week-end... I'll see if I can set it up on my PC and run it non-stop for 3 weeks while I'm away.....
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard