shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6546|Flower Mound, TX
I have a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe and the headlights at this point in time are covered in a sort of "fog" looking substance.

Any help on how to get this unknown substance off would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I can feel it on the outside of the headlight so whatever it is, it isn't on the inside.
gatorlova
Guess who!
+17|5997
you sand it of with sandpaper that can can be bought in a kit for fog removal at your local autozone or shucksss

EDIT:shadowcell =ricer tbh bwhahaha

Last edited by gatorlova (2008-07-13 15:08:11)

shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?

gatorlova wrote:

lol...

The car was handed down from my mom since she works from home and never needs it so I'm trying to make it fit my teenager needs =P
VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California

gatorlova wrote:

you sand it of with sandpaper that can can be bought in a kit for fog removal at your local autozone or shucksss

QFT.
gatorlova
Guess who!
+17|5997

shadowcell_01 wrote:

gatorlova wrote:

lol...

The car was handed down from my mom since she works from home and never needs it so I'm trying to make it fit my teenager needs =P
then what you do is sell it and buy a decent car.. There is a saying that goes around in my town, it goes like this " sell a hyundai, buy a car"
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

gatorlova wrote:

shadowcell_01 wrote:

gatorlova wrote:

lol...

then what you do is sell it and buy a decent car.. There is a saying that goes around in my town, it goes like this " sell a hyundai, buy a car"
Why isn't his car decent?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
a rag?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
VicktorVauhn

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

gatorlova wrote:

shadowcell_01 wrote:

lol...

Why isn't his car decent?
Because it wont impress highschool kids of course!
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5795|sweden
hyundai + 5 intense days of selling yourself on the streets = mani moni = mustang roush
it'll be worth it.
VicktorVauhn

hiberNative wrote:

hyundai + 5 intense days of selling yourself on the streets = mani moni = mustang roush
it'll be worth it.
Highschool kid + ebay resistors + turbonater = just stick with the car that was free until you actually learn what the fuck you are doing.
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?

VicktorVauhn wrote:

hiberNative wrote:

it'll be worth it.
Highschool kid + ebay resistors + turbonater = just stick with the car that was free until you actually learn what the fuck you are doing.
Chill the fuck out man and quit attacking me in every post I have about my fucking car.

I'm fed up with your immature bullshit on here and every fucking question I have I get some snarky ass answer from you.

So, shut the fuck up and stay out of my topics if you never have anything fucking positive to say.
VicktorVauhn

shadowcell_01 wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

hiberNative wrote:

it'll be worth it.
Chill the fuck out man and quit attacking me in every post I have about my fucking car.

I'm fed up with your immature bullshit on here and every fucking question I have I get some snarky ass answer from you.

So, shut the fuck up and stay out of my topics if you never have anything fucking positive to say.
Dude I have already offered you tons of advice... its not snarky bullshit, you don't know anything about cars. I am not saying your mother is fat and your sister is ugly... You just don't know anything about cars.

Are you in highschool? Did you want to buy the products I listed? Did I say anything that is untrue? You don't need to be driving a roushe mustang, you need more experience.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5795|sweden

VicktorVauhn wrote:

You don't need to be driving a roushe mustang, you need more experience.
lmfao
you want a fucking pipe and deerstalker hat with that comment?

hyundai are ok cars.
kia are ok cars.
actually, anything that rolls, turns and breaks is a good car if you're in high school.

Last edited by hiberNative (2008-07-13 16:29:58)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
Sounds like a bit of water has managed to get into your lights. I think there was a thread on this recently actually - have a search around. Drying your headlights shouldn't be that hard, just a matter of getting into them first lol.
VicktorVauhn

kylef wrote:

Sounds like a bit of water has managed to get into your lights. I think there was a thread on this recently actually - have a search around. Drying your headlights shouldn't be that hard, just a matter of getting into them first lol.
ehhh a lot of cars with plastic headlight covers actually get oxidations, or some other kinda aging that is more then just moisture...

I know the S14 (95+ Nissan 240sx) guys have a lot of problems with their head light covers looking grungy and yellow, plus like he said you can actually feel it on the outside.

Its just old plastics, it can be a bit of a bitch to clean up as I have heard... but gatorlova was pretty spot on that it just needs to be wet sanded/polished off. If the autozone kits don't do it there are more industrial methods, but my car doesn't have headlight covers so its not something I have really paid any extra attention to. Its a common enough problem though that some time on google would probably yield some good tips.
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

My mom's car has this too inside her headlights, kind of like condensation, but yet it isn't.
LOG
dain bramaged
+51|6122|Punta Gorda,Florida
usally the "fog" thing is caused by the plastic cover that protects the bulb. it has to be on of the crappiest ideas in cars. its oxidation of the plastic and road grime,mold etc. 

best and easiest way is to go to a junk yard and get ya a pair that are clear. or order new ones for them from a place like  auto zone i think there like 20 $ each.

i had a car like that and the kit worked but it went back to being fogged up. so i got new ones.
learned that lesson now i wont own a car with those types of head lights.
you learn the true meaning of life when you see houses and cars blow by like leaves on a windy day.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I heard someone once say if you remove the cover and use rubbing compound it would help.

Edit:
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Foggy-Headlight-Covers
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard