Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
The OP asked where the Christian extremists are.
They're running your country, except you don't notice as extremist is now mainstream.
https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Dilbert_X/george-w-bush-picture.jpg
'I am driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did'

'this crusade, this war on terrorism, is going to take awhile.'

'All of you -- all in this generation of our military -- have taken up the highest calling of history. You're defending your country, and protecting the innocent from harm. And wherever you go, you carry a message of hope -- a message that is ancient and ever new. In the words of the prophet Isaiah, "To the captives, 'come out,' -- and to those in darkness, 'be free.''

'We gather to mark a momentous occasion. Sixty years ago in Tel Aviv, David Ben-Gurion proclaimed Israel's independence, founded on the "natural right of the Jewish people to be masters of their own fate." What followed was more than the establishment of a new country. It was the redemption of an ancient promise given to Abraham and Moses and David -- a homeland for the chosen people Eretz Yisrael'

The Christian extremists don't need to strap bombs to themselves, they have the whole US military at their disposal.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-07-12 05:53:29)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5790|Dublin, Ohio

Dilbert_X wrote:

The Christian extremists don't need to strap bombs to themselves, they have the whole US military at their disposal.
eh?  Show me where US troops, or English, Canadian, or Aussie troops go into a coffee shop and blow themselves up in the name of god?

Show me that please.  Until then you are just spewing udder shit out of your pie hole.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

rammunition wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

rammunition wrote:

did you know i was the first man on the moon???
lmao are you insinuating that Marine is lying about his service? Believe or disbelieve all you want; claiming you were in the USMC and that you later became a pilot is nowhere near as out there as saying you're the first man on the moon.
my point is this is the internet, people here pretend who they are, i believe no one on the internet tbh
Oh god... Go ask anyone who has been on the forums long enough about marine. Jesus, just stfu before you talk shit about people.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

The OP asked where the Christian extremists are.
Actually, since I wrote the OP, let me correct you: I asked for specific sects within Christianity and Judaism that are similar to Wahhabism. Specific sects. Not individual pastors or entire religions...individual sects.

Thus far, only Cam has actually answered the OP.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5827
Within your narrow frame of reference, yes.

usmarine2 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

eh?  Show me where US troops, or English, Canadian, or Aussie troops go into a coffee shop and blow themselves up in the name of god?

Show me that please.  Until then you are just spewing udder shit out of your pie hole.
So, blowing up a coffee shop is worse than invading a country?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
I asked for specific sects within Christianity and Judaism that are similar to Wahhabism.
I don't know which specific sects - whatever GWB subscribes to I guess.
My point is the extremist view that Israel must be supported at all costs, and if this means invading and/or destroying any country which threatens them then so be it, is not limited to specific sects but is now mainstream christianity - at least in the US.
Unless you're saying GWB is a member of an extremist Christian Wahhabist style cult?
Show me where US troops, or English, Canadian, or Aussie troops go into a coffee shop and blow themselves up in the name of god?
As usual you're too slow to grasp the point - try reading the sentence you quoted again.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-07-11 23:03:34)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5790|Dublin, Ohio

ZombieVampire! wrote:

US troops dont run around looking for civilians and yellling "all praise" to some magic man in the sky.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5790|Dublin, Ohio

usmarine2 wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

rammunition wrote:

i haven't told anyone what i do, who i am etc. i only share my views. thats enough to believe
your sig makes no sense.  bin laden was a rich mo fo.
ram ram?
ello?  come on mate
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5827

usmarine2 wrote:

US troops dont run around looking for civilians
And Islamic extremists attack military targets where they present themselves.

usmarine2 wrote:

and yellling "all praise" to some magic man in the sky.
Their leader has claimed that he is directed by God.  And plenty of them say it, even if they aren't yelling at the time.
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Well, since it's MY OP and MY question...that's the only frame of reference that really counts.

Sorry if it's too narrow of a "frame of reference" for you to be able to answer the question. If you can't answer it, just say so and move on.

Dilbert_X wrote:

I asked for specific sects within Christianity and Judaism that are similar to Wahhabism.
I don't know which specific sects - whatever GWB subscribes to I guess.
My point is the extremist view that Israel must be supported at all costs, and if this means invading and/or destroying any country which threatens them then so be it, is not limited to specific sects but is now mainstream christianity - at least in the US.
Unless you're saying GWB is a member of an extremist Christian Wahhabist style cult?
Show me where US troops, or English, Canadian, or Aussie troops go into a coffee shop and blow themselves up in the name of god?
As usual you're too slow to grasp the point - try reading the sentence you quoted again.
Go back and read the OP, Dilbert. Read the description of what I'm looking for: sects within Christianity or Judaism (or additional sects in Islam other than Wahhabism) that preach, incite, and encourage violence against those who don't follow that sect or the parent religion at large.

Even if your GWB assessment was correct (it's not), you still haven't named a sect. You've named an individual.

And you assume that all of "mainstream Christianity" blindly supports Israel in the hopes that the Final Judgment Day will come. Your assumption is wrong.

So...back to the OP: What sects of Christianity or Judaism have approaches similar to Wahhabism? Which ones preach killing non-believers, martyring yourself, etc?

Reading comprehension...try it.

Edit: Fixed for whiny grammar Nazis

Last edited by FEOS (2008-07-12 07:35:12)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5827

FEOS wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Well, since it's MY OP and MY question...that's the only frame of reference that really counts.
Not if others are interested in the broader question.

FEOS wrote:

Sorry if it's too narrow of a "scope of reference" for you to be able to answer the question. If you can't answer it, just say so and move on.
When using quotation marks you're supposed to use exact words.  That's the point of quotation marks.

Did it occour to you that if all discussions were limited only to exactly what was said in the OP then half the posts made ought be new threads?
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

ZombieVampire! wrote:

FEOS wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Not if others are interested in the broader question.

FEOS wrote:

Sorry if it's too narrow of a "scope of reference" for you to be able to answer the question. If you can't answer it, just say so and move on.
When using quotation marks you're supposed to use exact words.  That's the point of quotation marks.

Did it occour to you that if all discussions were limited only to exactly what was said in the OP then half the posts made ought be new threads?
The problem is that there is no "broader question" (grammar Nazi ftl). There is a single question that was explained in detail. The fact is that you can't provide a decent answer, so you attempt to change the discussion at hand. It's a simple question, there is no "broader question".
― Albert Einstein

ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5827
You're right.  It's not like we might have thought that what you where wanting is people who view their religions, and act on that view, in a similar manner to Muslim extremists.  I mean, that's a totally different question.  The important part is whether they're organised into discrete, identifiable groups with flashy names and, better still, logos.

I apologise for attempting to answer the question based on the posts you were referencing (in that explanation you had).  I further apologise for holding you to the same exactness of language that you hold others to.  I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, o wise one.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

FEOS wrote:

So...back to the OP: What sects of Christianity or Judaism have approaches similar to Wahhabism? Which ones preach killing non-believers, martyring yourself, etc?
Christianity: The Inquisition, Crusaders, long gone.
Judaism: Kahanism, alive and kicking, to which Gush Emunim, Jewish Defence League and Kahane Chai are affiliated.

One must remember that the Islamic religion is a lot younger and less developed than Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism and Christianity and that the middle east is less developed economically, which can tend to breed more primitive interpretations of ancient scripture. Christianity and Judaism have developed more contemporary and metaphorical readings of their own religions in the developmental head start they have over Islam. At the end of the day poverty, calculated malice and ignorance breed subversion of religion.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-07-12 07:42:46)

God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6343|tropical regions of london
Id say any of those abortion clinic bombing peices of shit would count as christrian extremists calling for the deaths of others.
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Christianity: The Inquisition, Crusaders, long gone.
Judaism: Kahanism, alive and kicking, to which Gush Emunim, Jewish Defence League and Kahane Chai are affiliated.

One must remember that the Islamic religion is a lot younger and less developed than Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism and Christianity and that the middle east is less developed economically, which can tend to breed more primitive interpretations of ancient scripture. Christianity and Judaism have developed more contemporary and metaphorical readings of their own religions in the developmental head start they have over Islam. At the end of the day poverty, calculated malice and ignorance breed subversion of religion.
you may not karma the same person in a 24 hour period

Dilbert/Bubs: Read Cam's post. Maybe it will help you.
― Albert Einstein

ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5827
How?

God Save the Queen wrote:

Id say any of those abortion clinic bombing peices of shit would count as christrian extremists calling for the deaths of others.
Yes, but they aren't a sect, don'cha know?

Last edited by ZombieVampire! (2008-07-12 07:51:05)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6569|Portland, OR, USA

usmarine2 wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

US troops dont run around looking for civilians and yellling "all praise" to some magic man in the sky.
You're right, they probably say "Go to Hell"
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6343|tropical regions of london

CommieChipmunk wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

You're right, they probably say "Go to Hell"
go to hell
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

ZombieVampire! wrote:

You're right.
You should've just stopped there.

ZombieVampire! wrote:

It's not like we might have thought that what you where wanting is people who view their religions, and act on that view, in a similar manner to Muslim extremists.  I mean, that's a totally different question.  The important part is whether they're organised into discrete, identifiable groups with flashy names and, better still, logos.
Let me make it crystal clear for you:

The OP was specifically NOT about individuals. I didn't make that completely clear in the OP, so I attempted to clarify it when you and others started posting about individuals, vice organized groups.

There's no need for a logo, but there has to be an identified organization or doctrine (a la Wahhabism). This is purposefully not intended to beat the dead "all religions have committed horrendous violence" horse. It is also intended to eliminate the "individual whacko" element from the discussion.

I was hoping it would turn into a relevant discussion that compares apples to apples in the three major religions. You don't like that, apparently.

ZombieVampire! wrote:

I apologise for attempting to answer the question based on the posts you were referencing (in that explanation you had).
You attempted to do nothing of the sort...hence my attempt to clarify the OP for you.

ZombieVampire! wrote:

I further apologise for holding you to the same exactness of language that you hold others to.
And please point out when I've been a grammar Nazi of your caliber. The only time I point it out is when it changes the understanding of the point trying to be made, but way to overreact.

ZombieVampire! wrote:

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, o wise one.
I don't have one.
― Albert Einstein

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
Look! A priest that even blesses those that just been involved in genocide.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Srebren4.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/ba/Srebrenica2007.jpg

https://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2005/07/12/mn_srebrenica105.jpg

Your shit stinks too.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
Thats it.

These Islam threads are forcing me to check out singlemuslim.com. I can no longer resist the temptation.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina
The 3 desert dogmas are responsible for a lot of death and destruction throughout this world, but Islam does tend to have a serious edge currently when it comes to militance.

In the past, Christianity was the most destructive and WAAAYYYY back, Judaism was (but then again, the other 2 dogmas didn't exist yet).

Either way, I can only hope we eventually evolve past religion, but that's probably never going to happen, and even if it does, we'll still have plenty of reasons left to kill each other.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5790|Dublin, Ohio

ZombieVampire! wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

US troops dont run around looking for civilians
And Islamic extremists attack military targets where they present themselves.

usmarine2 wrote:

and yellling "all praise" to some magic man in the sky.
Their leader has claimed that he is directed by God.  And plenty of them say it, even if they aren't yelling at the time.
Nobody I knew said it.....ever.  And if you think the president controls the troops, then you are WAY off base.
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

m3thod wrote:

Look! A priest that even blesses those that just been involved in genocide.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … ebren4.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … ca2007.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2005/0 … ica105.jpg

Your shit stinks too.
OK. What sect was it, and was it their dogma that drove the genocide? Or was that a secular government's doing?
― Albert Einstein

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard