Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6732|United States
This just caught me off guard, the stupidity of this question.

So, I'm at work, organizing the display of tomatoes.  I have had people ask questions about salmonella, and I give them tips to minimize their risk of getting the disease.

But come on...

This woman came up to me, and I shit you not, asked me, "Excuse me sir, I ate some tomatoes yesterday.  Do I have salmonella?"

"...Do I have salmonella?"

"...Do I have salmonella?"

Wait, did you just ask ME if YOU had salmonella?  How the fucking Christ would I know?  Lady, if you had salmonella, you'd either be: 1) Too sick to be here right now, 2) Too dead to be here right now, or 3) Too busy with explosive diarrhea to be here.

I just replied, "I'm sure you're fine, but if you're not feeling well, I suggest you go see a doctor."

To which she replied, "Oh, ok.  Thanks."

/Facepalm
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5956|London, England

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=104795

That would be a proper time, yes
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6587
Should've boo'd and thrown the tomatoes at her.

Last edited by MorbiD.ShoT (2008-07-10 22:45:59)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

you should have said yes, and told her she only had another half hour to live.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6140|San Antonio, Texas
There's something about ya that makes you the go-to guy at your work.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida
Yes people are stupid.

When i worked at Subway i had people ask 'Whats on the Chicken, Bacon, Ranch' in which i would reply 'Chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing.'

They would pause for a second.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Some stupid questions I've been asked:

[Holding up a bottle which clearly contains red wine] "Is this a red wine?"

"Where can I find lemon zest?"
(I simply told her "On a lemon.")

"Where is the non-alcoholic wine?"
(If you know anything about anything you'll know that wine is not wine if it has no alcohol in it, it is grape juice.)

There are some others I simply can't remember but you meet the thickest people working in retail.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6455|meh-land
these are the gems that remind me that i should be proud to be a member of the human race
Benzin
+576|5990
Those are the kind of people that make working in grocery stores FUN. I used to love dealing with dumbshits like that. Helped my attitude on a bad day, and gave me a story to perpetuate around the store for a few days.

Last edited by CapnNismo (2008-07-10 23:20:17)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6465|6 6 4 oh, I forget

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

-Mr. Garrison
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6622|New Hampshire, USA
Bert, you should seriously consider making your store into a sticom.  I want 10 45 99 percent of profits though

Last edited by -=]NS[=-Eagle (2008-07-11 00:13:02)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
lettuce
site lurkerer
+26|6635|cheshire u.k
once,i received a phone call from a chief technician asking "what time does the 5,10 bus go", i said 10 past 5,he replied "o.k thanks" and hung up.............
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Oh my god you ate the tomato's?!!! Do you have any idea what you've just done?! It's a miracle we're even having this conversation you should be that dead!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mavik
+22|5768|Germany
I can't really compete with your stories - but that's probably because I'm hiding in accounting and keep everything that has to do with customers FAR away from me.
But back in the 1990s - when I was still young... - me and a friend went to a fleamarket to get rid of some old stuff.
In the early 1990s everything seemed to be about interactivity, every game was advertised as being so interactive, everyone made games that were (supposedly) interactive movies etc.
So, this guy - maybe 15 years old, so about our age at that time - picked up my old SoundBlaster soundcard, turned the package around, studied the texts and asked "Is it interactive?"
If I already had the filthy mind I have today, I might have suggested something about the "interactivity" of the line in port or something, but back then I could simply look speechless into his eyes - and nod.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6383|Southern California

Mitch wrote:

Yes people are stupid.

When i worked at Subway i had people ask 'Whats on the Chicken, Bacon, Ranch' in which i would reply 'Chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing.'

That's really not THAT stupid of a question though, a lot of food items like that will only list the main ingredients but will still have sauces/dressings as well as random veggies or whatever...

Like Jack in the Box used to advertise its bacon ultimate cheese burger as just meat cheese and bacon... but it also came with ketchup and mayo. Wendy's has something similar. I am REALLY picky, and generally only like basic foods... I come across this a lot. Especially with things like quesadillas and burritos. BLT's often have more then just bacon lettuce and tomato...
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
I used to work at a confectionery stand in a shopping centre. The price per 100g is 89p. Someone came up and asked me "how much is 89p per 100 grams?" I was like
Benzin
+576|5990

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Yes people are stupid.

That's really not THAT stupid of a question though, a lot of food items like that will only list the main ingredients but will still have sauces/dressings as well as random veggies or whatever...

Like Jack in the Box used to advertise its bacon ultimate cheese burger as just meat cheese and bacon... but it also came with ketchup and mayo. Wendy's has something similar. I am REALLY picky, and generally only like basic foods... I come across this a lot. Especially with things like quesadillas and burritos. BLT's often have more then just bacon lettuce and tomato...
But it's fucking Subway. You CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT ON THE DAMNED SANDWICH!!!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Yeah but you choose what is on the sandwich. If you don't say anything, you don't get anything apart from the base meal you ordered.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6278|eng
I was sat on my till one Saturday morning, doing not much, and I have some woman come up to me and ask me;

"Is this where I pay?"

Words cannot explain how much I wanted to kill her right then.
#rekt
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6399|Somersetshire
I was wearing bright a red t-shirt with "Funworks" in massive letters writting on my back and front and a badge with Butlins on it while holding a walkie talkie and some keys and fiddling about in a arcade machine

A woman walks up to me and asks "do you work here?"

my goodness woman, do you want to to run about jumping and shouting "I work here" or would that be too obvious
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
I was asked once what the difference between beer and cider is.

...it's a different drink?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Nintendogamer
+72|6579|Chelmsford, UK
doing my paper round, in a road called waterson vale, old couple in car drive along side and ask: "do you know where waterson vale is".
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6732|United States
Oh, and how could I forget this one.

I was asked by a customer where he could find green squash.  Alright, no problem, I walked him over to the display, and that was that.  He said thank you.

But after he took some of the green squash, he asked me, "Where is your zucchini?"

Uh, sir?  IT'S THE SAME THING.  Green squash is zucchini, you fuck tard.

But no, he didn't believe me.  He said that green squash and zucchini where two different vegetables.  I assured him that they were the same.  Then he went into this whole thing about how he's an expert on vegetables, and how he usually grows green squash and zucchini in his garden.

Just to get him the hell out of my store, I told him I'd go in back and look for him.

I came back and gave him a cucumber.

And he accepted it.  And said, "See?  I told you they weren't the same thing.  Asshole."
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6430|King Of The Islands

FatherTed wrote:

I was asked once what the difference between beer and cider is.

...it's a different drink?
... And of course in Canada the whole thing's flip-flop.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Nintendogamer
+72|6579|Chelmsford, UK
+1 for Bert10099. that made me laugh out loud

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard