pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6422|Earth
Before the flaming starts, this is in no way a complaint. I have found my own ways to counter nade whoring so it doesn't bother me in the least, and I'm not here to complain about them. I would just like somebody to explain to me the logic behind this. Recently I have been playing a lot of Jalalabad, and I notice that the fights always seem to go the same way. At the very start, half the team spawns as support, and the other half spawns sniper. Maybe three or four medics on the whole team. But they just go out to about where the burning APC is and just spam nades. And that is it. Jump, throw. Jump, throw. And it generally ends in a boring stalemate resulting in endless teampoints for the two medics that sit there with their paddles out. I just don't see the logic behind this. Why do they do it? Stats? Fast points? KDR? I just can't seem to find the answer.
Signature
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6172|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I tend to (sorta) do that.

I think cuz padding's relatively easy, and people can go around saying that they have upper ranks in BF2, n00bs just assume that's cuz they kill whored of people, but we know otherwise.

Personally, I just find it easier than combat points, and when I'm in a chill mood(with my phail combat skills) I don;t wanna bother with fighting, so I pleh medic.

This prolly makes no sense, but it's 3AM,
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6303|eng
Simple way to combat Jalalabad nade spam is to play Sharqi.
#rekt
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6422|Earth

Mint Sauce wrote:

No. The best way is to kill the medic supporting them, then kill them one by one. Plus, Jalalabad is the best map in the game to snipe at. SVD+burning APC=ridiculously large amount of kills with little or no deaths.
Signature
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6303|eng

pyscofrawg wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

No. The best way is to kill the medic supporting them, then kill them one by one. Plus, Jalalabad is the best map in the game to snipe at. SVD+burning APC=ridiculously large amount of kills with little or no deaths.
Meh. I would be that Medic, and I don't get killed by Snipers. If the Medic was good, then you wouldn't get him.

Play Sharqi.
#rekt
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6386
me+64+karkand+nades= KD of 40
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6659|can

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

can I has ur skill plx
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6640|EU

nade whoring is cool
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6289
All this nade mayhem is pretty cool...you know,nades poppin left n right.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6386

TrashBlinD wrote:

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

can I has ur skill plx
sure, Just stand near the Dumpster near the destroyd BTR-90 and start throwing.

Fag out, Go fag , Fag out

(You killed Dergent114)
(You killed Stg.Gnome)
(You killed MedicReviver3)
(You killed Dergent114)
(You killed Sn!per41)
(You killed messel14)
(You killed Mediczors)
(You killed Dergent114)
(You killed Dergent114)

this is only the first 20 seconds of the round for me
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6727|Sweden
There´s no logic.. but as you say it´s most times easy to counter though i have run into litterally a wall of nades a few times to 10+ people throwing extremely dull.

I still want to see a cap at nadethrows at 3 per minute to prevent the extreme spam.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6547|Boston, MA
Because people don't play to win each run, they play for personal points. Am I the only person that would rather have a really good W:L ratio than a really good K : D ratio?

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2008-07-10 06:34:12)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6341|Graz, Austria

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Because people don't play to win each run, they play for personal points. Am I the only person that would rather have a really good W:L ratio than a really good K ratio?
Very true.
They should have never removed the 3:1 W:L ratio requirement for the War College ribbon.
Wallpaper
+303|6011|The pool
Sounds like youre playing IO Jala.

IO Jala is the epitome of fail.

Play Jala with vehicles. (No I dont hate IO, or Jala, but it just sucks so much ass on that map)
Nihil
+15|5823|Malaga, Spain
Jalalabad on IO can be a massive bore if the USMC can't make things interesting. Once they do, that map rocks. In my experience I usually find that it's excessive sniping, not grenade throwing, that kills that map.

If the round starts and the USMC spawn with 30% or more players as sniper, you might as well just disconnect then because the round is going nowhere, although you can say the same for every map. How people expect to win by just sitting back and sniping, refusing to advance, is completely beyond me. Ghost Town is another map where that happens. I love that map, but sometimes the round starts and 40% or more of your team are snipers. It makes me groan inwardly and hit the disconnect button every time, because your team has effectively surrendered before the game starts.

I never play IO with more than 40 players, so I never see nade spam. I recently checked a 64 player Karkand IO server cos I was curious to see the phenomenon in action...wow.

I can't even do it, I suck with grenades.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6367|Iowa...

Nihil wrote:

I never play IO with more than 40 players, so I never see nade spam. I recently checked a 64 player Karkand IO server cos I was curious to see the phenomenon in action...wow.

I can't even do it, I suck with grenades.
that's because the karkand whores have dedicated their lives to the art of nadespam.you will never win.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6760|Reality

Because people don't play to win each run, they play for personal points. Am I the only person that would rather have a really good W:L ratio than a really good K : D ratio?
W/L is the only stat. Everything else is just numbers.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6464|Chicago, IL
that's just IO, even a light vehicle can slice through the nade spammers with ease, once the'yr presented with a moving, armored target, they have no skills.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6344|Australia

globefish23 wrote:

Because people don't play to win each run, they play for personal points. Am I the only person that would rather have a really good W:L ratio than a really good K ratio?
Very true.
They should have never removed the 3:1 W:L ratio requirement for the War College ribbon.
So that people will swap to a certain team in order to get a particular award? You play so much EF, so you should know firsthand that this is a bad thing.

I find that if someone is spamming nades, you just rush them. It's pretty funny watching them frantically throwing nades at you as you gun them down from 6 feet away.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6238|Finland

Wallpaper wrote:

Sounds like youre playing IO Jala.

IO Jala is the epitome of fail.

Play Jala with vehicles. (No I dont hate IO, or Jala, but it just sucks so much ass on that map)
Yeah i noticed that one too.
Yeah i can get 80 kills and 2 deaths as sniper on mec, but its lame...
This is almost 1st time when i found out that some maps with vehicles are so much better, even when it is "playable" as io
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6329

Every time I post in the rate the stats above thread...people seem to think I nade spam. Yes my ratio is 3.85 but that's cause I don't run around with a bloody nade in my hand, it's because I only use it when I need it. I haven't used the support kit in almost 4 or 5 months.

Jalalabad sucks on 32/64 size map. When the battle's kept to the 3 city flags it can be a lot of fun. Rush the nade spammers and shoot them in the face (and pray you don't get dust).

Play some airmaps, it's more fun than Jalala
iD
Hates most server admins.
+7|6673

ebug9 wrote:

Every time I post in the rate the stats above thread...people seem to think I nade spam.
700+ hours karkand, every 6th kill a grenade one, what do you expect? thats grenade spam.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6329

iD wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Every time I post in the rate the stats above thread...people seem to think I nade spam.
700+ hours karkand, every 6th kill a grenade one, what do you expect? thats grenade spam.
I don't resupply myself and sit in a secluded area chucking nades into spawn points. What I do is not spamming.
Cheesy_Cow
+6|5793|New Jersey
Lulz, pubs.

Bf2pro ftw.
HAi_gAIZ
See "i g"
+20|5789

Cheesy_Cow wrote:

Lulz, pubs.

Bf2pro ftw.
lulz ur awsm

not