theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6761
Anyone watching this show on ITV?

What can i say, but it is a pile o crap.

Let me just say that I am sure Marco must be an excellent cook as he has won many awards over the years and built up a great reputation for himself, but this show is PURE, how do we say it on the Internets, FAIL.

Firstly, naming the show "Great British Feast". This sounds to similar to BBC's show "The Great British Menu" which has been around for a few years now and done really well. The BBC show brought together many chefs from around GB, brought together some great ingredients from around GB (locally sourced) and produced some amazingly looking food. In Marcos show, he seems to think that it is a new idea to talk about sourcing this local produce and make out as if he is the only one doing it. I mean WTF, get with the program man. This stuff is cOld and been done by loads of shows already.

Secondly, all the stuff that has been on the show has been done in recent shows already by other TV chefs. Hunting wood pigeon - Ramsay, Collecting Cockles - Hugh funrly whatshisname, making stake tartar - Simon Rimmer. It seems to me as though the people who have made the show have just run out of ideas and stolen bits from other shows.

Thirdly, why the fuck have they stolen the music from the show Dexter and just stuck it randomly throughout the show? Also they seem to have this Tim Burton (dark music) going on as well as if everything is SOO dramatic in the show that it needs the dramatic music!

and fourthly, the guy is just a nob. He seems to produce food that I could knock up easily, and then go on about how good it is. If you look at the food that he has prepared over the past two shows, he has hardly pushed the boat out on what people consider as "Modern day" food. Look at the menu he has as it stands: main course - fish pie, starter - Venison tartare. Fish Pie! fuck me.

/rant
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6418|Somersetshire
lol, I thought that would be crap without even watching it, you've just confirmed it for me
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6684|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
It was crap but being a hunting, fishingman, cook whilst beating the women off with a shitty stick I can relate to him, oh I smoke aswell, I just dont have an italian sounding name.

No way would I have the guts to serve rare meat on my tables, thats a huge brave decision and one which will bite him on his ass no doubt.

What I would of liked to see last night was "Grilled Seal" how original would that be?  Up pops flipper trying to knick the kipper and BANG "take that ya theiving cunt", and you get a free coat too.  Nobody would of expected that!!

Ramsey is the best around at the moment but even he is loosing the plot "Fuck off out my kitchen", he says that to me and he's in fucking trouble.

Keith Flloyd was the best and I love watching re runs of his shows on Saturday Kitchen.  "Glug glug glug" as he would cook necking a bottle of wine.

I made sure my daughter watched Marco drop Bambi from 500yds she was horrified and told me "Thats it, Im never eating meat again", I knew it wouldnt last as she had just finished off a Cheeseburger Happy Meal and I expalined that would be the last one she ever has, "Oh ok then, maybe I wont be Dad".

It was interesting to see how much sugar them posh smoothies have in them on F Word this week.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6761
I am a massive fan of cooking programs and watch pretty much all the good ones, F Word, River Cottage, Saturday Kitchen (debatably if it is that good but best thing on saturday mornings), Something for the weekend, Big fat hairy slobs (or what ever it is called ), etc... so Marcos is rated very low in my opinion.

Yeah, Grilled Seal, that would have stolen a few points! It would at least be something a bit different even though it would be pretty wrong in some peoples eyes.

He did have a cracking shot on Bambi though which Ramsey missed a year or two ago when he tried.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England
All cooking programs are generally crap. Especially when they try to go for Brit cuisine.

Except for down-to-earth food like Fish n Chips or Jacket Potatoe's or a Full Breakfast, Brit cuisine is pretty shite tbh. And in all cooking programs, It's all about presentation and less about how it actually tastes. Which is bollocks. I don't have a shit how my food looks on a plate, as long as it looks edible and is reasonably organised that's all I care in terms of looks.

Not that I regularly watch them type of programs, it's just what I notice when I see what they're getting upto.
20 years ago when I lived in Reading Mum n Step Dad got picked up by his bosses and they all went to lunch. They went to a Rioux Brothers restaurant and between the 6 of them the bill came to £2500, 20 years ago!!!.  Bottles of wine at a few hundred each.  They ate Lamb Cutlets and came with Julienne carrots and a few potatoes n other veg.  They were gone for about 3 hours, came home and ate frozen pizzas as they were starving.  Neuvo Cusiene (cant spell sorry), what is the fucking point in it??

If I cook then you can guarantee that you will be full, I put too much food on a plate.  I'm the best I know now, my ambition has been achieved, it used to be Mum but whenever I left her house I was always hungry wanting more of the great food she cooked.  I cook great food but leave you feeling stuffed, I have no problem if a guest leaves food on their plate in my house, I know its not the taste/texture or whatever of the food.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yeah, most expensive restaurants are bollocks too.

27, what's the weather like down there in Wales. Apparently it's lashing down like a motherfucker over there? (It was pretty bad here too, and consistent)

This is a great summer

And this fucking cold weather has given me the flu aswell, for the past three days I've had a headache/sore throat and that typical ill feeling of when you feel so weak you can't do much, and everything feels ultra-sensitive especially the temperature

Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6474|Tyne & Wear, England

1927 wrote:

Keith Flloyd was the best and I love watching re runs of his shows on Saturday Kitchen.  "Glug glug glug" as he would cook necking a bottle of wine.
Floyd is a living (though I don't think for long) legend.  The first TV chef, his old shows are awesome.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Yeah, most expensive restaurants are bollocks too.

27, what's the weather like down there in Wales. Apparently it's lashing down like a motherfucker over there? (It was pretty bad here too, and consistent)

This is a great summer

And this fucking cold weather has given me the flu aswell, for the past three days I've had a headache/sore throat and that typical ill feeling of when you feel so weak you can't do much, and everything feels ultra-sensitive especially the temperature

It lashed it down yesterday all day from 3am until about 8pm.  Today is much drier, very cloudy but it isnt raining.  No interuptions at Lords for the test vs South Africa but who knows? Have we lost our old summers for good?  Last year was a wash out and for one reason or another Ive had no cricket for all of June.

Sorry to hear you got the flu all I can suggest is Vit C and Anadin Ultra's.  On the bright side its good you have your turn of flu now before the nice weather returns as 1. You dont wanna miss out on it and 2. You temp would be higher and you'd feel even more groggy.  Dose up on the tablets and oranges mate and you'll spend all tomorrow shitting through the eye of a needle and you'll sweat your flu out.

KILLSWITCH wrote:

1927 wrote:

Floyd is a living (though I don't think for long) legend.  The first TV chef, his old shows are awesome.
He's like the Alex Higgins of the cookery world.  He knows his stuff, is very talented, likes a drink but would you want him coaching your kids on how to cook? No way.
wensleydale8
+81|6780|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
you missed out the apostrophe in the title after marco.

Last edited by wensleydale8 (2008-07-10 06:13:44)

Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6701|Devon, England

wensleydale8 wrote:

You also missed out the capital Y in "You".

Shut the fuck up.
wensleydale8

FFLink13 wrote:

wensleydale8 wrote:

Shut the fuck up.
Calm yourself down son you'll only give yourself heart attack.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.

FFLink13 wrote:

wensleydale8 wrote:

Shut the fuck up.
And the capital/ol M in Marco.

Please correct it.

Thanks
Mekstizzle
WALKER
capitol

capital

Capitol looks retarded.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6471|UK
Well he has guts to serve raw venison.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6701|Devon, England

wensleydale8 wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

wensleydale8 wrote:

Shut the fuck up.
Calm yourself down son you'll only give yourself heart attack.
At 18? I doubt.
wensleydale8

1927 wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

wensleydale8 wrote:

You missed out the apostrophe in the title after Marco.

Shut the fuck up.

Please correct it.

Thanks
Happy now grammer faggots?
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6474|Tyne & Wear, England

wensleydale8 wrote:

1927 wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Shut the fuck up.

Please correct it.

Thanks
I hate to say it mate, but you spelled 'grammar' wrong.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

All cooking programs are generally crap. Especially when they try to go for Brit cuisine.
I dunno.. I could go for some (ahem) Italian..
https://i34.tinypic.com/308wr2e.jpg

https://i34.tinypic.com/2lt0tfr.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
HAi_gAIZ
See "i g"
+20|5783

Kmarion wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I dunno.. I could go for some (ahem) Italian..
http://i34.tinypic.com/308wr2e.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2lt0tfr.jpg
ding ding ding

KILLSWITCH wrote:

wensleydale8 wrote:

1927 wrote:

Please correct it.

Thanks
I hate to say it mate, but you spelled 'grammar' wrong.
lulz

Last edited by HAi_gAIZ (2008-07-10 20:06:49)

Ryan
+1,230|6854|Alberta, Canada

Get the fucking grammar nazi`s out and bring in more of that Italian food network babe.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6761
How the hell did this thread turn into what it is now!!

btw, does anyone else find Celebrity Chef Merrilees Parker

https://www.pilotguides.com/images/content/tv_shows/planet_food/malaysia/merilees_malaysia200x250.jpg

pretty dam hot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard