lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA
http://hamptonroads.com/2008/07/your-st … ken-out-it

Apparently the IRS is intercepting citizens "economy stimulus checks" and taking out what these people owe in child support, back taxes etc.....

Can you believe the nerve the govt. has, in forcing someone to pay their child support??

So much for the new xbox....gotta pay  your debt instead....awwwwwwwwwwww
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina
I think this is the right thing to do.  If you have debts you can't receive that check.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

sergeriver wrote:

I think this is the right thing to do.  If you have debts you can't receive that check.
well shit, if SERGE is gunna agree with me, there is no hope for an argument here.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
I don't see how anyone is gonna argue with this.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
whats the problem? I think everyone going to agree with you on this one Lowers.

We have the CSA in the UK and they've had there share problems but no one going to disagree with you if you're going to father children then you've gotta financially support them.

Do you want to argue just for the sake of arguing?!!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

well shit, if SERGE is gunna agree with me, there is no hope for an argument here.
Yup, all the fun is gone.  In response to your question, I have a lot of work to do, plus I bought a PS3, lol.  Hence I've been away from the forum for a while.  Btw, the baby is 9 months old today.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Screw you guys, this guy totally deserves free money for the rest of his life and should immediately have all his debts cleared and paid for by the taxpayer. Forever.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-07-08 04:52:55)

m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK
Lowing find some Islam stories you tool or go fix some helos.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

Strange. I feel calm. No outrage whatsoever.

oh well.. can I close this ?
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK
No! lets see what his thinks! Libruls agree with neo cons oh the horror....he may faint.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
If he actually thinks there is someone out there who would express outrage then he has a warped view of reality.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6750|Chicago.

CameronPoe wrote:

If he actually thinks there is someone out there who would express outrage then he has a warped view of reality.
I considered it for a second, but decided it's just best to accept that the IRS has actually done something right. For once.
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6675|Belgium
On a side note, this was one of the reactions to the article:

"This year taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment.
This is a very exciting new program that will be explained using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
A. By borrowing from China and the Arab countries and the debt will have to be paid back by the taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. Yeah! Right!.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set and a tank of gas, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China and Saudi Arabia?
A. Shut up."
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA
Hmmmm, I kinda thought there would be someone out there that was disgusted that the govt. took its money before someone could pay for their wifes badly needed eye operation.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire
No argument here. If you accrue debts sooner or later you gotta pay up.
PureFodder
+225|6285
Making people use their stimulus cheque to pay off some of their debts, sounds good to me.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

But doesn't this work quite the opposite of what the stimulus check was meant to be ?

Getting snatched by IRS must go against the governments plan no ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Varegg wrote:

But doesn't this work quite the opposite of what the stimulus check was meant to be ?

Well that is kinda the argument with the people affected in the article... They could not believe the govt. had the nerve to tell them they were gunnsa get these big checks, then take it from them
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Well that is kinda the argument with the people affected in the article... They could not believe the govt. had the nerve to tell them they were gunnsa get these big checks, then take it from them
It's almost as if.....you support them.

Do my eyes deceive me?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

So how does this stimulate the economy when the IRS take the money ... a new flawd plan by the government then i guess that just ended up being topping on the cake of debt ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

m3thod wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

It's almost as if.....you support them.

Do my eyes deceive me?
Nope not one bit..........pay your debt if not voluntarily than forcibly...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard