Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

He says he ready to focus on directing.

Denzel wrote:

It's my passion (Directing). More than anything, I enjoy seeing talented people do what they do well. When you're an actor, you come out of your trailer, do your thing, and then go back in. Directing is about collaboration—the production, the costuming, the script, the actors. I love it. It brings me joy. At 52 years old, I'm blessed to be able to segue into directing. I want to be Clint Eastwood when I grow up!
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6584|Mountains of NC

Kmarion wrote:

He says he ready to focus on directing.

Denzel wrote:

It's my passion (Directing). More than anything, I enjoy seeing talented people do what they do well. When you're an actor, you come out of your trailer, do your thing, and then go back in. Directing is about collaboration—the production, the costuming, the script, the actors. I love it. It brings me joy. At 52 years old, I'm blessed to be able to segue into directing. I want to be Clint Eastwood when I grow up!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/pics/heartbreak_ridge_xl_01--film-A.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6757|OctoLand
Ah...well it would be a shame to see him in front of the camera less often, but with a little help he could be pretty damn good behind it.
I know fucking karate
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

He really is a class act..
Oprah: When did you know you wanted to act?

Denzel: When I was doing Othello in college. Everyone was coming out of the woodwork to see the show. I was so green, I would look right out at the audience just to see who was there! But I was like, "Wow—all these people showed up. Maybe I'm good at this." So I had a drive to perfect the craft.

Oprah: I can only imagine how many parts must come your way now.

Denzel: I'm one of the few—whatever you call it, A-listers—who's still available for parts right now because I've been busy directing this film all year rather than reading scripts and signing contracts. \

Oprah: You said "A-listers" under your breath.

Denzel: Titles have nothing to do with me. That's not who I am. It's like the term "movie star": What does that mean? It's just a label they give you until they replace it with another one: "has-been." I don't claim either.

Oprah: If you're not a movie star, then who is?

Denzel: First, I'm a human being. I love my work, but acting is what I do; it's not my identity. I love the way Julia Roberts put it: "I'm just an ordinary person who has an extraordinary job."

Oprah: Didn't you ever fantasize about being a movie star?

Denzel: Not so much, because my background is in theater, and in the 1970s, I didn't see anyone I wanted to be like; other than Sidney Poitier, there weren't many African-American film stars. As a kid, I'd wanted to be a football player. Then, after I got into theater at age 20, I saw James Earl Jones do Oedipus the King at St. John the Divine on 112th Street in Manhattan, and I was like, Wow. I sneaked into his dressing room and looked at his props and his rings while he was meeting people. I thought, "One day I'll make $650 a week and work on Broadway." It was never my master plan to go to Hollywood.

Oprah: Now that you've had all this success, how do you feel about it?

Denzel: I ask, What am I going to do with what I have? I can't take anything with me. You know the saying: You never see a U-Haul behind a hearse.
The rest.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jsnipy
+3,276|6538|...

Acid House ... was like Trainspotting ... well ... on acid

4/10
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6661
2012 meh nothing special 7/10
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6757|OctoLand
Ah so that was a few years back, looking at imdb he's still not slowing down on the acting, 9 films currently lined up for the next few years.  But yeah he's a class act, he was on the jonathan ross show here a few weeks ago, came across really well.
I know fucking karate
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Yea I still imagine studios are wanting to cast him first. I'm sure it takes time to make the full transition. Shite, my passion is a lot of things that don't necessarily offer me fulltime employment .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

burnzz wrote:

Angels & Demons - 7/10

some of the most gorgeous scenery shots (Vatican City, Rome) could not overcome a predictable plot.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Right, cause the priest parachuting down after detonating antimatter over Vatican city was predictable..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SealXo
+309|6552
2012... easily the worst movie ive ever seen it was an insult onmy intelligence. they took off with a plane three times and it just so happened every single time they made itoff just as the earth was cracking beneath them right behind the wheel. like once was cheesy. twice is stupid. three times is are you fucking kidding me not again.

the whole thing was just a disaster in general.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6251|S.A. Australia

SealXo wrote:

2012... easily the worst movie ive ever seen it was an insult onmy intelligence. they took off with a plane three times and it just so happened every single time they made itoff just as the earth was cracking beneath them right behind the wheel. like once was cheesy. twice is stupid. three times is are you fucking kidding me not again.

If you took any shred of intelligence into the movie then that's your fault.  Yes the plot was kinda stupid and there were a lot of WTF moments, but if you went in like I did, just expecting a lot of explosions and shit falling over then it wasn't all that terrible. 7/10
Serious Flex
baggs
+732|6220
He's Just Not That In To You - 7.5/10

Actually not a bad film at all, even more amusing if you've had a few relationships, probably better to not watch it with your girlfriend if she is the type to over-think and over-react cause she won't see the irony in most of the situations in the film. She'll just end up hating you for nothing and it'll also probably end your relationship due to something you said over a year ago.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

SealXo wrote:

If you took any shred of intelligence into the movie then that's your fault.  Yes the plot was kinda stupid and there were a lot of WTF moments, but if you went in like I didit, just expecting a lot of explosions and shit falling over then it wasn't all that terrible. 7/10
I just watched it too. I don't see what the big deal was.. "omg worst movie ever yadada" (not by a long shot btw). It was excatly what the trailer made it out to be, which wasn't much. If it's not your thing (an end of the world movie the revolves entirely around special effects) then it's your problem for watching.

The movie is what they call "a renter". R5 is out btw.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

SealXo wrote:

If you took any shred of intelligence into the movie then that's your fault.  Yes the plot was kinda stupid and there were a lot of WTF moments, but if you went in like I did, just expecting a lot of explosions and shit falling over then it wasn't all that terrible. 7/10
With what you just said it's hardly 7/10 material ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6251|S.A. Australia

Varegg wrote:

With what you just said it's hardly 7/10 material ...
It is for the type of movie its supposed to be.  Its a popcorn flick, nothing more.  If you want to rate it as a serious movie with oscar potential, then yes, it was pretty terribad.  For pure, dumb fun though, it was exactly what I wanted.
Serious Flex
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6359

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

GI Joe: Resolute, yes I'm a big kid.  8/10

Spoiler (highlight to read):
10 million Russians dying is a good way to start a film
You can´t be serious. I watched it yesterday, what a shit movie. Dull story, covered up by WHAM, BAM, watch over here, ZACK BRAM!! Oh noes, BAM! America, FUCK YEAH!!!!!!
While the effects were well done, Ka-BOOM, the rest was meh. The chick with the black hair and the big boobs looked better with blonde hair too.
That being said, I don´t have the "Childhood Memories" background, so with that being added it might go to 7/10. Without it´s not more than 4-5/10.

Also watched District 9 yesterday. 8/10.
Was sceptical about the alien setting pulling through, but it delivered. Was deeply saddened and somewhat disturbed by it. It shows well how abysmal human ethics can be.
I think you must be thinking of GI Joe (the one with real people in it which was a kids film), not Resolute (the animated film).
Lol, I thought "Resolute" was part of your rating
The live action movie was really shit though
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6681|NT, like Mick Dundee

Kmarion wrote:

Oprah: blah blah blah
His interview on Hamish and Andy was a far, far, far better way to judge his character.

Trust me on this. He gave them directions and tips for their road trip across the USA. Sound dude.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Flecco wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Oprah: blah blah blah
His interview on Hamish and Andy was a far, far, far better way to judge his character.

Trust me on this. He gave them directions and tips for their road trip across the USA. Sound dude.
Right cause it's aussie.. I gedit. He talked about what his children meant to him, his personal motivators growing up, and how he downplays his celebrity status. HEY lets judge his character on road trip/directing advice and say it was far far far better! https://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4901/thumbsupq.gif
Xbone Stormsurgezz
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6239|Escea

The Book of Eli looks interesting.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6730|Purplicious Wisconsin
Public Enemies, can't decide between 4/10 or 5/10 so I'll settle for 4.5/10. It wasn't the worst, but it certainly wasn't the best.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

^I saw it two nights ago.. very bleh. Nothing special at all.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6687|UK
Law abiding citizen

7/10

entertaining but predictable.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6408|Southern California
I tried to watch Cronicles of Riddic.

But I didn't because it was an amazingly huge piece of shit. 0/10
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

VicktorVauhn wrote:

I tried to watch Cronicles of Riddic.

But I didn't because it was an amazingly huge piece of shit. 0/10
It's probably to high brow for you.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png