Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6551|Long Island, New York
Defiance - 7/10

Read the Bielski Partisans, I dunno if it was THAT great of a depiction of what Tuvia, Zus, Alex and Asael went through, but it was pretty good.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6482

aimless wrote:

Transformers 5/10, even saw it on IMAX. Took too long to get to a mediocre climax.
Sounds like a review of ig's sex life.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6467|The Twilight Zone
12 rounds
6/10
average acting
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6487|6 6 4 oh, I forget

A classic one next.

Poltergeist

8/10

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2009-07-03 12:41:18)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6663

State of Play - 8/10 rather good, I really enjoyed it. I maintain that no matter what anyone says, Ben Affleck is a shit actor.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6325

Public Enemies

Shit.

5/10
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6645|949

ebug9 wrote:

Public Enemies

Shit.

5/10
Damn, really?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6325

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Public Enemies

Shit.

5/10
Damn, really?
In general, the plot was well thought out, but there were some scenes that were just plain stupid.

It got boring. 2h20min was way too long. Definitely not worth seeing in theatres. Get it when it comes out on DVD if you really want to watch it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Public Enemies - 8/10

Nothing absolutely spectacular...but a pretty good movie. Worth watching for the action scenes if anything.

Depp's acting was superb. As usual.
Reciprocity
+721|6594|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Appaloosa - 7/10

strong characters in a weak story.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6757|Reality
Transformers 2
5/10 I don't get it. Other than Ms. Fox (of which there was not enough) I just don't get it. Must be an under 20 thing.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6166|what

I love this movie

Total Recall 10/10
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6668

Public Enemies. 8/10.

Great action sequences (as always, ty Michael Mann), good acting, not-so-great character development. For pretty much the entire movie, I was sitting there being reminded of Heat, but since Heat was so much better, I was wanting to watch that instead.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6487|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Vantage point
8/10

I was surprised. Kept me interested til the very end.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6283
Harry Potter 1, 2 and 3 with the GF in preperation for the 6th film (and because ASDA had a pretty great 3 for £10 on any DVD's sale going on so she bought all 5 and Taken). We may watch 4 and 5 between now and the 15th.

Hmm how to rate them. They butcher the books of course, and remove all of the charm and.. well, magic of the books. They also remove all of the many many side stories, a lot of background, and a fair few characters. They only roughly follow the main plot points (ie action sequences) of the books and ignore the rest; all of the humanity of the characters and the feeling of living in and exploring the castle for entire years. They also make you watch child actors which wasn't an issue with the books, and miss out heaps and heaps of important stuff.

But once i'm over that they're fairly enjoyable I guess. The first 2 are incredibly cheesy, the 3rd is less so and has great music and art direction, but again changes the story a fair bit. I won't give them number ratings. Compared to the books they're all 1/10 but stand alone they're all between 7 and 8 i'd say.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6698|United States of America
Shooter
8/10

I missed the first half hour or so, but knew the basic plot and thoroughly enjoyed the die-hard style of it. It doesn't have the Michael Bay aspect where shooting a computer would blow up the building, and it was very interesting to watch. Plus, that chick was hot.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

Heat 9/10

Still one of the best crime/action films I've ever seen and probably one of the best shootouts.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6357
Max Payne

first half hour was /10, the rest gets a good 7/10

Good movie, and the first scenes were so damn well made and close to the style of the game, it gave me goosebumps. The cuts, camerawork, visuals, really great. But after the first 30 minutes it all went pretty far from the game, especially the plot. Putting that little girl to play Mona Sax was really disappointing
The bullet time was outstandingly great, too rare throughout the movie though. But the ones they did, especially while raging through the warehouse left my mouth wide open.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6703|Tampa Bay Florida
Public Enemies 8/10

pretty descent for a summer flick
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6119|eXtreme to the maX
Transformers 4/10
Might have enjoyed it more if I'd been 14.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|5473|Yeah, there :)
Ah Butterfly effect (was on television).
I like that movie, it's interesting in a wierd sick way
8/10
Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6687|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
He's just not that into you - (it's ok, I was sofa'd up with the Mrs at the time) ... 7/10
madmax
+12|6275|perth, w.a.
Transformers 2     4 / 5

i thought it was a good movie almost as good as the first one
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Juno - 9/10
Demolition Man - 8/10
ghettoperson
+1,943|6663

ebug9 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Public Enemies

Shit.

5/10
Damn, really?
In general, the plot was well thought out, but there were some scenes that were just plain stupid.

It got boring. 2h20min was way too long. Definitely not worth seeing in theatres. Get it when it comes out on DVD if you really want to watch it.

Poseidon wrote:

Public Enemies - 8/10

Nothing absolutely spectacular...but a pretty good movie. Worth watching for the action scenes if anything.

Depp's acting was superb. As usual.

mtb0minime wrote:

Public Enemies. 8/10.

Great action sequences (as always, ty Michael Mann), good acting, not-so-great character development. For pretty much the entire movie, I was sitting there being reminded of Heat, but since Heat was so much better, I was wanting to watch that instead.
Man, you guys are bumming me out. I was really looking forward to that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard