mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6657

I saw Wolverine last weekend.

8/10. Something about it just wasn't right. It tried to cover too much, but didn't develop anything at all. Plus it doesn't feel like the movie went anywhere. When the end came, I felt like it didn't matter. Action was decent, though, and most CGI was ok (like someone else pointed out, there were a few bad spots). I think I had higher expectations because it's only the start of May and they're already releasing summer blockbusters.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6272
Star Trek 9/10

As a Star Trek fan, I had very very low expactations for this mainstream focused reboot, especially after the trailers gave me the impression that it was nothing but space action mixed with the OC. But how wrong I was. Excellent film. Seeing the enterprise like that really was something special, and while a lot of the film rewrote Star Trek history, it was all part of the plot, and still contained loads of nods to the old series/films for the fans to pick up. I also loved the soundtrack.

I want to see it again

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-05-07 06:33:39)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black
Trainspotting

Fucken 10/10. Watch. This. Movie.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Also going to see Star Trek at 8:20.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Star Trek - absolutely fucking awesome. Action, with a funny undertone. Whole theatre was laughing along. One thing annoyed me though - they ruined a brilliant quote. At the end where he says "To boldly go where no man has gone before" they changed it to "To boldly go where no-one has gone before" out of sheer political correctness.

And that.
Pissed.
Me.
Off.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6272

Finray wrote:

One thing annoyed me though - they ruined a brilliant quote. At the end where he says "To boldly go where no man has gone before" they changed it to "To boldly go where no-one has gone before" out of sheer political correctness.

And that.
Pissed.
Me.
Off.
It was 'no-one' in every Next Generation episode, of which there are far more than the original series, so that didn't bother me at all.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-05-11 04:58:28)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6540|Long Island, New York
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 10/10

Fucking hell, fuck Slumdog Millionaire. So far both Benjamin Button and The Wrestler have been far better than SM.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6597|Toronto-Canada

Poseidon wrote:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 10/10

Fucking hell, fuck Slumdog Millionaire. So far both Benjamin Button and The Wrestler have been far better than SM.
even Gran torino was better than SM
but benjamin button got my vote for best picture.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6540|Long Island, New York
It was an EXCELLENT movie. One of the best I've seen in a while. The past two years have had some REALLY good movies come out based on books (No Country for Old Men, Benjamin Button).

And yes, I did see SM if anyone was wondering. I mean it wasn't horrible per se, it just wasn't nearly as good as they made it out to be.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6597|Toronto-Canada
the only movie I am eagerly waiting for is ... Transformers: Revenge of the fallen
on this summer
and maybe for giggle Proposal ( cuz i love Sandra Bullock)
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6476|6 6 4 oh, I forget

The day the earth stood still

6/10 for the effects.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6544|Sammamish, WA
Max Payne - 7/10

I knew it wouldn't follow the plot of the game but I had hoped that it would at least start with the exact same opening scene. Unfortunately it did not...but it was still very well done and in the same vein as the game. Good stuff and a good NetFlix rent.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Fight Club 10/10

It's brilliant.

Finray wrote:

Star Trek - absolutely fucking awesome. Action, with a funny undertone. Whole theatre was laughing along. One thing annoyed me though - they ruined a brilliant quote. At the end where he says "To boldly go where no man has gone before" they changed it to "To boldly go where no-one has gone before" out of sheer political correctness.

And that.
Pissed.
Me.
Off.
I'm quite sure that they changed that during one of the tv series, not just for that movie.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6544|Sammamish, WA

AussieReaper wrote:

Finray wrote:

And that.
Pissed.
Me.
Off.
I'm quite sure that they changed that during one of the tv series, not just for that movie.
Yup, starting with ST:TNG they changed it.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6476|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Body of lies

8/10

Good movie.
run fatboy run 7/10  (funny parts but i feel like ive seen the story before)

tell no one 6/10 (i fell asleep-long movie/subtitles/too many characters)

Let the Right One In 8/10 (bizarro swedish vamp movie that looks awsum on bluray)
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

Battle of Britain 8/10 - Classic WW2 movie about the 14 weeks during the late summer of 1940 when the German Luftwaffe attacked the English Isles with massive bombing campaigns before they was supposed to have launched Operation Sea-lion (the invasion of England) but failed miserably leading to one of WW2 most famous quotes ...

Churchill wrote:

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

JdeFalconr wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Finray wrote:

And that.
Pissed.
Me.
Off.
Yup, starting with ST:TNG they changed it.
Oh, well, I never saw the TV series.. I just assumed they changed it because they would get the most views from the film, so to please the masses etc..
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

It was EPIC:

https://i44.tinypic.com/2py5owl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6723|Sydney, Australia
Star Trek. Simply
Blank_The_Bogan
MEDIC!
+19|5469|Qld, Australia

mcminty wrote:

Star Trek. Simply
How good was it, im not much into it or the old seris
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

Blank_The_Bogan wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Star Trek. Simply
I've talked to 3 people, 2 who have never seen any of the old films/series and 1 that has seen the old films...all of them said it's the best movie they've seen in at least a year.  I haven't seen the film myself, but based on what my buddies have said I probably will see it this weekend.
Blank_The_Bogan
MEDIC!
+19|5469|Qld, Australia

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Blank_The_Bogan wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Star Trek. Simply
I've talked to 3 people, 2 who have never seen any of the old films/series and 1 that has seen the old films...all of them said it's the best movie they've seen in at least a year.  I haven't seen the film myself, but based on what my buddies have said I probably will see it this weekend.
Sick, i shall plan to see it then.
thx
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6745|Reality
It should have been called Star Trek Redux because it has so many paradoxes with respect to the other series and movies. Lousy premise but well told which is too bad because the acting was great. Quinto was amazing as Spock and Urban nailed McCoy. It had a lot potential but they blew it.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
I also have a problem with a mining vessel having enough fire power to destroy 47 Klingon warships and 7 Federation cruisers. I know it comes from the future but not that far as Spock is not that old What a waste of great acting.

The Enterprise bridge looked like a 23rd century hair salon FFS.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6521|Πάϊ
Wolverine

6.5/10  Nothing special, but easy to watch... A good popcorn flick

Star Trek

4/10   Meh... I don't get what all the fuss was about. It was boring and annoyingly predictable. Marginally worth a download at best.
ƒ³

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard