Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,611|4394|eXtreme to the maX
Super not caring based on all his previous movies.
Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
uziq
+159|1740
movies about the movie-making business are a bit like novels about novel-writing: preaching to the already converted. the people who lap it up will be movie critics and cinéastes who love having their hobby reflected back at them on the big screen.

hail, caesar! was pretty good. boogie nights too.
SuperJail Warden
+193|2008
I saw the Tarantino movie Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It's pretty good. I would say well above average and I enjoyed it a lot. Probably wouldn't watch clips of it on youtube like his other movies. It's not a masterpiece like the media is saying though. I hate how whenever a movie comes out set in or related to the media, it gets undo hype. I get it that people in the profession like talking about their profession but it often comes off as disconnected from the reality of where most Americans hearts and minds are: football, MasterChef, and The $100,000 Pyramid.

I give the movie 8.5/10
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Bohemian Rhapsody 8/10
I found Queen a bit lightweight compared with Pink Floyd etc so never paid them a great deal of attention but it was an interesting story, some of the music still stands up and what a voice and talent.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2019-08-15 06:44:01)

Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,789|4920|949

I didn't like that movie much at all, but I also can't stand looking at Rami Malek and thought he did a terrible job. It always felt like he was trying to play a character.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I enjoyed it and thought it was a good portrayal.
Freddie Mercury and Kenny Everett were a shame to lose.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,789|4920|949

i also was watching while crammed in to an Economy Plus seat on a 16 hour flight so maybe I was a bit annoyed when I watched it. I know everyone i talked to after I saw it said they enjoyed it and that Rami Malek was AHHHMAZING as Freddie so I know I hold the minority opinion.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't form a view of a film unless I've seen it properly, ideally in a cinema.
Rahmi Malek was good, I don't know about ahhmazing.
SuperJail Warden
+193|2008
I don't like Queen. There I said it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
A lot of Queen is fairly average, I always found Brian May's guitar fairly soulless and like the ballads more than the rock or pop.

Probably my favourite Freddie Mercury song, also from a film.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2019-08-17 04:50:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard