Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Eternal Sunshine is a great movie. Watch that first.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
lotr trilogy. 10
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6568|London
Fast and Furious 6- 4/10
Now you see me- 6/10
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
fast furious all of them -100000000/10
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6099|eXtreme to the maX

globefish23 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Adaptation: ITWASLIKELOOKINGINTOAGODDAMMIRRORFUCKMYLIFE/10
I have that on my media server ready to watch soon.
Along with 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'.
Gotta get 'Human Nature' and 'Being John Malkovich' too for a nice, weird Charlie Kaufman session.
Haven't seen Human Nature, is it good?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

2 Guns was okay
HITNRUNXX
+220|6702|Oklahoma City
GI Joe Retribution: 6/10

It was entertaining while it was on, but could have been better. It fell apart so thoroughly toward the end that it left a bad taste in the mouth... Could have either a) Forgotten the Joes and just had the ninjas and been better or b) Forgotten the Joes anytime they were outside of a cool toy-based vehicle. Except Lady Jaye, of course. Makes me wish they didn't fubar the Wonder Woman TV show that she was supposed to be in. Basically the normal Joes were like the normal Military guys in Transformers, starring in a movie without the Transformers... Which when you think about it, is really pretty accurate.

The bottom line, GI Joe Retribution somehow either needed more action or more story, but tried to have just enough of each that they only seemed to constantly interrupt each other.

Spoiler (highlight to read):

Wait... The "abort" button in the briefcase immediately self-destructs every satellite?

The giant steel rods are just dropped and gravity pulls them down? Does terminal velocity not apply?

If the giant rods are just dropped and create a bigger than nuke explosion, then wouldn't self destructing all the satellites just create a lot of falling giant nuke rods?

I try not to think during action movies, but that little bit that seemed thrown in at the end to actually make a storyline to tie it all together.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6146|what

World End

I really liked it. Could have done with more references back to Sean of the Dead and Hot Fuzz though. Some were blink and you'll miss them, like keep off the grass. The cornetto joke was brilliant though.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

District 9 (again) - FOOK/10
Hatari! - 9/10, good classic
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6216|Escea

T2 10/10

I still get teary at the end.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria

Dilbert_X wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Adaptation: ITWASLIKELOOKINGINTOAGODDAMMIRRORFUCKMYLIFE/10
Gotta get 'Human Nature' and 'Being John Malkovich' too for a nice, weird Charlie Kaufman session.
Yes.
It doesn't have this outlandish weirdness that 'Being John Malkovich' or 'Adaptation' have.
More this underlying, subtle, yet mundane weirdness that 'Be Kind Rewind' has.

I guess that's the difference between Spike Jonze and Michael Gondry.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6702|Oklahoma City
Beautiful Creatures: 4/10

Another "Tween" book made into a blah movie. Better than most of the rest of them (I.E. Twilight, The Host), it was still on the "wasted my time" side of the fence. What makes these movies worse is constantly hearing "The book was better" and "they screwed this up from the book." So not only was it bad as a stand alone, it was bad to fans of the original material. This one actually started off really strong. I like the narrative type of start to a movie. It was enjoyable. Jeremy Iron's character stole the movie, then was (comparatively) barely in it after that. If you had cut out the two main characters, and just made it about him, it would have been better... If you are really into sets and costumes, you should definitely give it a rent.

In short, it follows a recurring formula of recent trends:
1) Crappy and uninteresting love story that isn't good enough to be a movie.
2) Add supernatural anything.
3) Ignore the supernatural aspect of it except for a small part that makes it hard for the main characters to be together.
4) Add a strong supporting role and make him do all the heavy lifting.
5) Try to make it look like Tim Burton was involved.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3952|SL,UT

Wolverine - Marvel/10

as we left the theatre, my wife asked "what's up with all these comic book movies showing their human side?"

all i could say was they stayed true to the script. if you've read Marvel, you'll know what i mean.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I heard the antagonists could have been better. Haven't seen it yet, so I'll save judgment for when I do.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Spoiler (highlight to read):
new xmen movie confirmed at end of wolverine
cool beans i think

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-08-09 21:26:18)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Beautiful Creatures: 4/10

Another "Tween" book made into a blah movie. Better than most of the rest of them (I.E. Twilight, The Host), it was still on the "wasted my time" side of the fence. What makes these movies worse is constantly hearing "The book was better" and "they screwed this up from the book." So not only was it bad as a stand alone, it was bad to fans of the original material. This one actually started off really strong. I like the narrative type of start to a movie. It was enjoyable. Jeremy Iron's character stole the movie, then was (comparatively) barely in it after that. If you had cut out the two main characters, and just made it about him, it would have been better... If you are really into sets and costumes, you should definitely give it a rent.

In short, it follows a recurring formula of recent trends:
1) Crappy and uninteresting love story that isn't good enough to be a movie.
2) Add supernatural anything.
3) Ignore the supernatural aspect of it except for a small part that makes it hard for the main characters to be together.
4) Add a strong supporting role and make him do all the heavy lifting.
5) Try to make it look like Tim Burton was involved.
The best part of that movie was the spinning dining room scene. I'd watch BC over Twilight any day. Thank god they didn't have mics lodged up their noses so we could hear every snuffle, grunt and snort. Holy shit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6099|eXtreme to the maX
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World  8/10
I thought it was well observed and some of the subtexts interesting.
Also the nerd got the hot chick.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
HITNRUNXX
+220|6702|Oklahoma City

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The best part of that movie was the spinning dining room scene. I'd watch BC over Twilight any day. Thank god they didn't have mics lodged up their noses so we could hear every snuffle, grunt and snort. Holy shit.
Totally agree. I still didn't like it, but it was way better than Twilight. And I also agree about the dining room. That was one of the things that prompted my good sets and costumes comment. Everything int hat house was amazing looking.

globefish23 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Yes.
It doesn't have this outlandish weirdness that 'Being John Malkovich' or 'Adaptation' have.
More this underlying, subtle, yet mundane weirdness that 'Be Kind Rewind' has.

I guess that's the difference between Spike Jonze and Michael Gondry.
yeah that Human Nature is a win.. watched last night
loved the fantasy forest scenes lol
cant believe it came out in 2001
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

HITNRUNXX wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Totally agree. I still didn't like it, but it was way better than Twilight. And I also agree about the dining room. That was one of the things that prompted my good sets and costumes comment. Everything int hat house was amazing looking.
It reminded me of a Bewitched revamp or something.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6466|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Pacific Rim 6,5/10

Special effects are awesome, but the story was crap.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
did you expect anything better
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6466|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Well I didn't expect the story to be so sucky since it's a Guillermo Del Toro film.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Did it have the creepy Godzilla twins?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
its a mecha tho

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard