HITNRUNXX
+220|6709|Oklahoma City
Multiplicity: Another Ruined Childhood Memory/10
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
The Great Gatsby 9/10

I like Baz Lurhmann films, I enjoyed it.
I didn't think the score was a problem at all, but I can see that it would enrage hipsters - otherwise I would have given it 8.5/10.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Extra Medium wrote:

+1 to anyone who recommends a good movie I haven't seen yet.  I've watched enough bad ones lately.
Rising Sun.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107969/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Superman is one of the lamest superheroes around. Absolutely nothing interesting about the character.

CC-Marley wrote:

Behind the Candelabra 8/10
I thought Michael Douglas and Damon were good.
must see Damon!
HITNRUNXX
+220|6709|Oklahoma City
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 4/10

As I have said before, my "5" rating is the totally neutral point. 5 is where I don't feel like I wasted my time, but don't feel like I gained anything either. This movie was awful. It probably deserves a lower rating, but somehow I didn't really feel like it wasted my time HORRIBLY, but it was definitely on that side of the fence. It has a lot of potential that they just never played on or paid off with. It kept my attention just enough to not rate it lower, but not enough to keep me from wishing that I spent that time doing/watching something else. A "3" rating would have been perfectly acceptable also.

Warm Bodies: 6/10
Loved the internal monologue. That was the only part I really enjoyed though and it was sporadic. If it had narrated the entire movie, it would have been much better.
silver linings playbook of course it's a 10 outta 10 make me shed a tear, i had held out thinking it was a sports movie but no, it's about LOVE>
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Dilbert_X wrote:

The Great Gatsby 9/10

I like Baz Lurhmann films, I enjoyed it.
I didn't think the score was a problem at all, but I can see that it would enrage hipsters - otherwise I would have given it 8.5/10.
don't think it's hipsters who are angry about the great gatsby being a sucky film. think it's film critics. not generally the hippest bunch. a lot of tweed and bow-ties.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Macbeth wrote:

Superman is one of the lamest superheroes around. Absolutely nothing interesting about the character.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
omfg stfu hipster
HITNRUNXX
+220|6709|Oklahoma City

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

silver linings playbook of course it's a 10 outta 10 make me shed a tear, i had held out thinking it was a sports movie but no, it's about LOVE>
I thought it was about a sports bra...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

I think it's film critics. not generally the hippest bunch. a lot of tweed and bow-ties.
Thats what happens to hipsters as they age.

Assuming they don't starve or freeze to death.
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

I think it's film critics. not generally the hippest bunch. a lot of tweed and bow-ties.

Fucking

Lel
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i thought the whole stereotype of hipster was bourgeois-liberal trendy cunts in gentrified areas of brooklyn and london? williamsburg and shoreditch? now they're starving and homeless? are you confusing hipsters with the 'struggling artists' stereotype? sounds like some confused playground identity politics up in here. not sure starving artists can afford organic free-range market food, $3,500 fixed-gear bikes, or extensive and ironic captain beefheart vinyl collections.
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
He's referring to that hipster that froze to death trying to make "art" in that other thread a while back who you defended.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
please please PLEASE be less fucking retarded. I know it's hard for you, but just at least try? for a start that guy was a stacked football-lad Geordie. not an effete artist or hipster. secondly it was a documentary project about homeless people. not exactly 'high concept' art or some stupid 'performance'. he wasn't putting things in his vagina whilst reading out poetry. you really must be fucking stupid. I guess trying to raise social awareness for something in a way that isn't up voting something on reddit really deserves ridicule. you absolute chimp.

and as far as I can see, you two mutual spastics' points are moot: hipsters and trendy teens everywhere are fawning over this trendy, hip luhrmann movie. idiots.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-06-16 15:28:17)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

But seriously, if you went to see the Superman movie you are simple.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
fast
and
furious
bitch
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

The characters in fast and furious have more depth than Superman.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
you are a cultural bottom feeder. don't get snobby as if you watch Bergman all day long
HITNRUNXX
+220|6709|Oklahoma City
Man of Steel: 7/10

Right off the top, any film is going to lose at least a point for using shaky-cam through the whole thing. It is a damn blockbuster, bot a youtube video. Knock that crap off. Beyond that, it was entertaining for the most part, but felt like it jumped all over the place like a case of Super ADHD. My hardcore Superman fan friends hated it. My medium Superman fan friends thought it was ok. My friends that didn't know anything about Superman thought it was pretty good. The part on Krypton was my favorite, and I would have been more interested in watching a movie entirely about them than about Superman on Earth.  I think overall, my biggest problem was the below big spoiler:

Spoiler (highlight to read):

How can people beat each other for hours on end, and not even leave a red mark or a bruise on each other, then snap the others neck so easily? I think I could break someone's nose before I could break their neck... Or at least bloody it...

Regardless, Superman doesn't kill... That is pretty much the one rule with him. Why would you change that of all things?

Regardless, if you watch it as an entirely new Superman movie, it was ok. If you expect it to be just like the comics, you will be disappointed.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Total Recall - The New One 9/10

4/10 Kate Beckinsale's ass
4/10 Jessica Biel's ass
1/10 Neat production design

Rest was meh
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Man of Steel: 7/10

Right off the top, any film is going to lose at least a point for using shaky-cam through the whole thing. It is a damn blockbuster, bot a youtube video. Knock that crap off. Beyond that, it was entertaining for the most part, but felt like it jumped all over the place like a case of Super ADHD. My hardcore Superman fan friends hated it. My medium Superman fan friends thought it was ok. My friends that didn't know anything about Superman thought it was pretty good. The part on Krypton was my favorite, and I would have been more interested in watching a movie entirely about them than about Superman on Earth.  I think overall, my biggest problem was the below big spoiler:

Spoiler (highlight to read):

How can people beat each other for hours on end, and not even leave a red mark or a bruise on each other, then snap the others neck so easily? I think I could break someone's nose before I could break their neck... Or at least bloody it...

Regardless, Superman doesn't kill... That is pretty much the one rule with him. Why would you change that of all things?

Regardless, if you watch it as an entirely new Superman movie, it was ok. If you expect it to be just like the comics, you will be disappointed.
fuck

Also I've had the ending spoiled by friends who assumed I've seen it, so shaky cam is pretty much the final reason for me to not go. At least for 3D.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6709|Oklahoma City

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Also I've had the ending spoiled by friends who assumed I've seen it, so shaky cam is pretty much the final reason for me to not go. At least for 3D.
I think 3D would be rough... It had a lot of that Transformers-Style action sequences... You know, the type that is moving super fast, and zoomed in really close, so you don't really see it happening as much as see a lot of shaky, blurry movement and hear the sound effects... Not all of it mind you... Just the important fights.

Really, overall, I think the trick is to watch it like a new character, and be happy when it seems like Superman... Because it just didn't have that Superman feel to it.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

critics agree that you wasted your money
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman-man-of-steel/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard